Ombré Pillar candles

Vee

Hey guys

I made a batch of ombré pillar candles...they turned out beautiful to look at with the color gradation but I got a lot of bubbles on them once they cooled.Basically I dipped the white candle in colored wax waited for a few seconds then dipped again to a higher level.The bubbles appeared much later and don't look nice at all. I have attached the pics too

i am also wondering why most people make container candles and not pillars...most of the info out there is for container candles...does anyone have any idea why this is so....

please help with the bubbles...I seem to struggle a lot with bubbles...first with my silicone moulds now with the ombré ...maybe I am doing something that is causing them to happen

Also guys I am looking to further my education with candles,packaging,getting the perfect finish ,consistency etc.Please do recommend courses/ workshops

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks like to me when you dipped the pillars the wax is not completely adhering to the cool pillar. Next time add some micro-crystalline wax to your colored wax and that will help it adhere to the pillar. 

Not sure what can be done with these other than gently heating with a heat gun, but not so much as to melt the wax off. 

Do you know what wax was used in the original pillar? Is it the same as the wax you dipped it in? What temp is the dipping wax when you dip the candle?

Re pillar vs containers, I agree containers far outsell pillars in my experience. I love pillars but sometimes I can't give them away. They also cost more to make because it takes more wax and customers always tend to go for the cheaper candle. I also think that container candles may also be perceived as being safer and cleaner since the wax is in a container and won't run.

14 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Re pillar vs containers, I agree containers far outsell pillars in my experience. I love pillars but sometimes I can't give them away. They also cost more to make because it takes more wax and customers always tend to go for the cheaper candle. I also think that container candles may also be perceived as being safer and cleaner since the wax is in a container and won't run.

Also in my experience containers throw scent a little better than pillars. Not all, and not always, but more often than not IME.