Bath cosmetics

nancyvinci92

I use tea tree and virgin coconut oil for almost everything for myself. I also harvest the black walnut hulls from my tree and make tinctures every years, as soaking my feet with it diluted in warm water helps my pedestrian feet issues a lot. Always have eucalyptus and lavender on hand due to half my social circle being smokers (eucalyptus for the annual bronchitis event) & (lavender for all the anxiety stuff). I make a spray blend of orange, lavender, clary sage and peppermint for the seasonal depression folks, they use it in the morning to help wake up in the months when it's dark and cold. Those are all my top essential oils. Mountain Rose Herbs is my favorite company since I love how genuinely passionate they are about being eco-friendly / organic, supporting small and isolated communities around the world and going for fair trade when they can. I also trust them which is a huge deal for me when it comes to the state of the essential oils industry.

Only side effect I've ever experienced/  seen is that tea tree oil can be pretty aggressive, can irritate and dry out skin if not used carefully, same with black walnut. For oily types like myself though it's great. 

Edited by NaughtyNancy
  • Like 1

I pretty much use my own handmade soap to wash my face, body.  Then I use my own lotion or body butter.  On my face I use olive squalene and have been doing so for a couple years now and I like it.  Can't swear it does anything magical but it works for me, I don't break out and my skin feels smooth.  Someone on another forum recommended it and swore by it. I thought what the heck.  I get it from Amazon.

• Like 1

For cleansing, body and face, I use my own handmade bar and liquid soap.

I use a salon shampoo on my hair, that my hairdresser gives me for free (ish) (it's supposedly a $20 bottle of shampoo - LOL :rolleyes22: but I exchange that for a candle, and it does really work for my hair type)

I use my own handmade deodorant most of the time, however, about once a month I will swipe some *Degree* on myself. 

I have oily skin on my face, so I also use a daily oil-free moisturizer on my face. Sometimes Mary Kay, sometimes Neutragena (sp?) but I use it every day. I know so many people with oily skin that do not use a moisturizer because they believe they don't need it, which is false. They do. And by not using one is probably the biggest reason their skin is oily. I used to use an emu oil based handmade moisturizer on my face that I absolutely loved, but my friend who made it would never give me the recipe, I couldn't reproduce it (no matter how hard I tried, I'm just not good at that sort of thing) and she quit making it. :(

And really that's about it. I do use a concealer and mascara, but that's it for make-up. I use the concealer as a foundation because it's much lighter than any foundation I can find, and it works perfect for me. 

• Like 2