ECO Wicks Separating

Hi all,

I just bought a few packs of various ECO wicks from CS. I noticed that when I used the larger wicks, the threads are separating at the top during burn tests. It's not mushrooming. I can see the individual threads separate on the top. I don't see it happening with ECO wicks below ECO 8 but it's happening a lot with ECO 12-16. Any suggestions on how to keep them together?

Thanks!!

Thanks, all. Yes, the wicks are primed. I'd rather not prime them after cutting but I may have to do that. The tops look ugly but they don't seem to affect the burn but the flame doesn't look nice and straight up. Ugh! TallTayl, what are you doing to deal with it?

The majority of ECO's that I've used have done that at some point. It's usually very slight and only at the tip. Aesthetics aside, as long as there wasn't any smoking, mushrooming, or wildly dancing flames, there was no problem.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 8:03 AM, Kerven said:

The majority of ECO's that I've used have done that at some point. It's usually very slight and only at the tip. Aesthetics aside, as long as there wasn't any smoking, mushrooming, or wildly dancing flames, there was no problem.

I've had some problems with ECO wicks sized 1O+, they tend to thicken as the candles burns and require more trimming.  But since I rarely use anything over an ECO 8, it isn't a bit problem but still a PITA