Switching waxes from c3 to 464

Hello all.

I have ordered a sample of the 464 wax that I will be testing and if it works out - I will be switching from c3 to the 464. My only concern is shipping candles or even holding candle shows in the warmer months given the464 melt point being lower.

How do you ship your candles in the summer months or do you folks that use the 464 take the summer months off?

I have heard wonderful things about the 464 and I am looking forward to giving it a try.

I am having a heck of a time wicking the c3 now. I have tried premier, cd wicks, and eco and they are were struggling. Not sure what was going on. I was using 7% fragrance oil, c3 wax, 8 oz jj, added fragrance oil at 180 and just getting a horrible burn on Birthday Cake from KY (Rustic Escentuals) - yes I cured the candle.

So I am making cranberry marmalade in c3 wax tonight, 415 and 464 and I am going to test and see how each wax performs and see how one stacks up against the others. I haven't wicked these candles yet. I will take a skewer and poke a hole in the wax and therefore I can change wicks and wick series if necessary. I am using 7% in cranberry marmalade, 6 drops per lb of dye from candles and supplies cranberry - not crazy about the color, and 8 oz jj and adding the scent at 180.

I like so far how 444 pours, sets and burns. Should receive 2 cases of 444 from candlewic today to start scent testing. Am hopeful it performs as it is the best of the soys I have tried in a years time. 

Am testing clarus 3022 now also. It is parasoy and am really liking it also. 

464 now burns to easily inhibiting Amy hope for ht for me. Started with 464 about 10 years ago - didn’t like it then and I like it less now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Oh my gosh.....that is disturbing TT....Makes me think, I better too if you are....I better go and reevaluate my 464 with oils.

Trappeur

It could be working fine in your containers. I mainly use tins and it just doesn't work well for me. Will do a full evaluation of 444 as soon as it gets here since I need to begin production in January....

Want me to send you some 444 when it arrives?

i hate to admit this, but I am loving the candles and supplies coconut beads. I have some TFc cranberry marmalade at 6% in a status jar with an ec o10 that is wafting all through my house in a very short time. It is a far from  perfect wax, but darn does it throw well in this scent so far. 

• Like 1

The coconut beads I'm kinda liking also...too early to tell but the little ceramic I did with a wood wick is throwing through the whole house 

I have a tray test with no scent and 4 series of wicks to begin testing with this wax and go from there testing some more with Scent added 

444 I am liking a lot...it's burning and throwing very very well so far - being a 415 user for years this is the next best I have tried so far 🤞Crossed 

• Like 1