Yesterday's craft show was so so, but today at home, Wow!

GailC

I took sooooo many candles to the only craft show I'm doing this year and sold a whopping 11.  :(  I sold more melts than candles so I did make a modest profit.  Very modest.  

I was feeling a little down today because I have so many candles in stock that I didn't need to make any more except for gifts for my family and one kind for my cousin.

Then out of the blue, I got an order from a Facebook customer for 24 candles!  

Then my friend called me and want to come over and buy candles, and she bought 14.  :)

Then my cousin ordered 3 that I have to ship, then another customer messaged me and is coming over Friday to buy candles.  

I feel better now.  :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, GailC said:

I took sooooo many candles to the only craft show I'm doing this year and sold a whopping 11.  :(  I sold more melts than candles so I did make a modest profit.  Very modest.  

I was feeling a little down today because I have so many candles in stock that I didn't need to make any more except for gifts for my family and one kind for my cousin.

Then out of the blue, I got an order from a Facebook customer for 24 candles!  

Then my friend called me and want to come over and buy candles, and she bought 14.  :)

Then my cousin ordered 3 that I have to ship, then another customer messaged me and is coming over Friday to buy candles.  

I feel better now.  :)

:yay::bow::icon_awww::bow:

God works in mysterious wonders......

Trappeur

6 hours ago, Trappeur said:

:yay::bow::icon_awww::bow:

God works in mysterious wonders......

Trappeur

Yes He does!  I guess He knew I was going to need all those candles this week.  Just got another order for 9 candles from a new FB customer to ship to Maryland. :) 

From my experience, people at craft shows usually buy only 1 candle at a time.  Not just this one, but others I've done in the past.  My biggest sales were for 4 melts, and a candle and a melt.  Many customers bought one melt.

I saw in a Facebook group that someone sold 1100 one ounce scent shots at a craft show!  I can't even imagine.

I like the customers like I had today.  One finally came and picked up her dozen and I delivered 24 to one of my biggest fans.  :)  Plus I shipped out two boxes totaling 5.  Which is a job.  I don't personally think I'd like to sell gobs on esty, because I don't like packing glass jars to ship.  

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

That's terrific news! You just never know what will happen just before the holidays. My market this past Saturday was the same. Just so-so. I have 3 more holiday markets to do so am keeping my fingers crossed I make some good cashola!!

I don't think I could do shows every week...in fact I know I couldn't.  I was exhausted.  And I even had help carrying the candles in and out.  I don't do enough shows in invest in something to transfer the candles easily...just had a small cart.  

My great nephew and grandson had a good time helping me.  My great nephew needs to go into sales....he was really talking up my products to customers and giving out free sample melts.

My grandson checked out the competition and came back and told me he smelled someone else's melts and he could barely smell them.  He is nothing if not loyal to his Grandma.  :)  (Scentsy was there; I don't know if those were the ones he smelled.)  Another chandler was supposed to be there but didn't show up.  Darn.  :D

17 hours ago, GailC said:

I don't think I could do shows every week...in fact I know I couldn't.  I was exhausted.  And I even had help carrying the candles in and out.  I don't do enough shows in invest in something to transfer the candles easily...just had a small cart.  

My great nephew and grandson had a good time helping me.  My great nephew needs to go into sales....he was really talking up my products to customers and giving out free sample melts.

My grandson checked out the competition and came back and told me he smelled someone else's melts and he could barely smell them.  He is nothing if not loyal to his Grandma.  :)  (Scentsy was there; I don't know if those were the ones he smelled.)  Another chandler was supposed to be there but didn't show up.  Darn.  :D

I think the hardest part about the craft shows (after hauling around boxes) is being "on" all the time. It's so mentally exhausting to be in sales mode all day. I enjoy selling and talking to people, but gosh I'm tired by the end of it!

Sounds like you have some good helpers though! Good job keeping it in the family! 😉😄

I'm the opposite. I love talking about my products and that helps me make sales. I don't work a full time job or even part time anymore. I am retired from the 9-5 world so I can devote my time to my soap biz. Now that I am doing what I like and don't have the stress of a job working for someone else I really love it even more. Its hard work but I love it. I book myself for the entire year. I have 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Year's then it starts back up again. I work a market or show pretty  much every weekend all year long.

• Like 1