Is This Frosting?

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Yep it looks like it to me....so sorry.....:(

Trappeur

So strange as I have poured hundreds of clamshells and never had this happen before.  It is only a handful, two different scents. . .but trying to figure out "why now?" before I pour more.  

GoldieMN

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, j.l.walden said:

just curious did the hair dryer work?

It did a little on a couple that had only a bit of frosting, but I gave up on the others.  There were only 5 or 6 that had been left in a cold car that it happened to so I just use them for myself.

GoldieMN

On 12/1/2017 at 6:15 AM, GoldieMN said:

So strange as I have poured hundreds of clamshells and never had this happen before.  It is only a handful, two different scents. . .but trying to figure out "why now?" before I pour more.  

GoldieMN

You use soy right Goldie?

welcome to the new soy world ....soy that hardly frosted before is like no other now - I'm seeing it bad in many many soys I have been pouring 

• Like 1

@moonshine Yes, I use 464.  If I could build my clamshell business, I would probably give up pint candle jars as it is so frustrating trying to get the right wick for a good hot throw.  I have over 100 lbs. of 464 to go through but then may try 444 depending on results @TallTayl gets with testing.  Are you using 464?

GoldieMN

No im testing the 444 as well- I used 464 way back when and I didn't care for it and 415 I'm just not happy with it anymore no matter what I do or blend with it 

444 is nice but it has issues as well that's for sure but I'm getting throw and that's major at this point with soy 

I will be posting the final burn test on the 444 in the testing thread hopefully today- I only did 4 wicks and will be repeating it this weekend with 4 different series

• 1 month later...

Getting back to these frosted clamshells. . .  I am in an antique/craft mall on the second floor where it is cold but not freezing.  Well, now I am noticing more frosting on my clamshells.  I am at a point where I would switch to a different soy if needed.  Or if anyone has had luck adding more pillar blend to control the frosting, I would appreciate knowing your formula just to have a place to start.  The only other option I have is to put a sign next to the clamshells explaining the appearance of the wax which I will do with the current stock. 

GoldieMN