Need ideas for renaming a Christmas scent

MarlaSinger

I have RE Christmas Past and I would like to rename it to something that isn’t “christmasy” so that I can continue to sell it after the holidays. This is the scent description directly from the RE site:

This is the closest you'll get to a true Christmas tree scent without cutting down one! Bring the wonderful holiday scent of a tree into your home.”

I’ll be honest, to me that description is nothing like what I smell. I love the scent but I pick up more of a spicey potpourri with pine/christmas trees being more of a subtle note in the mix. It reminds me of when I was little walking into an old country gift store than sells potpourri and candles and penny candies and odd and end gifty things all year long... where the entire store kind of has that permanent spicy and pine potpourri smell. 

Any ideas of what I could call this scent? 

The Christmas Shoppe😀I name alot of scents with Shoppe , according to the type of scent . I am looking for a scent to name The Christmas Story ,only because I love the movie - We watch it every year 24 hour marathon .I even decorate part of my porch with this movie them ,leg lamp and all lol.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

The Christmas Shoppe😀I name alot of scents with Shoppe , according to the type of scent . I am looking for a scent to name The Christmas Story ,only because I love the movie - We watch it every year 24 hour marathon .I even decorate part of my porch with this movie them ,leg lamp and all lol.

Have you seen that the Fox network is going to have The Christmas Story live on December 17?

I'm sure not as good as the original movie, but I think it will be fun to watch.

Can't be. It won't have Darren McGaven. He made the movie the riot it was. He just had great timing for comedy. From the teasers I have seen it looks like the live show's comedy will be more forced than natural.

Re the scent rename, I like the country store names. That's what I rename my christmas splendor during the off season.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, GailC said:

Have you seen that the Fox network is going to have The Christmas Story live on December 17?

I'm sure not as good as the original movie, but I think it will be fun to watch.

I will certainly watch it ,thanks Gail. I love the original and sit with the grandkids and watch the 24 hour marathon every year . Hek I watch all the original Christmas shows , Rudolph,Frosty ,takes me back to my special Christmas memories growing up.I am 54 and still love these shows .I do like the name Country Christmas Shoppe for your scent .

• Like 1

Rustic Nostalgia

Is what my brain spat out when reading

14 hours ago, MarlaSinger said:

It reminds me of when I was little walking into an old country gift store than sells potpourri and candles and penny candies and odd and end gifty things all year long... where the entire store kind of has that permanent spicy and pine potpourri smell.

Rustic (something)

Rustic Spice

Rustic Warmth

12 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Love the name "The Christmas Shoppe"!

Trappeur

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Love the name "The Christmas Shoppe"!

Trappeur

Trapp ,you need to do your Zazzle thing and find the perfect sticker for this one ,your so good at designing your labels on their site .I know you have plenty of oil selection to choose a scent for this one .Lmao I use Vista print because I cannot Zazzle like you ,so funny right .I have more trouble trying to get it right on Zazzle.LOVE LOVE your labels 😀

On 11/30/2017 at 12:13 PM, katmeltswax said:

Leg lamp and all? lol, lol....you just gotta post a picture of that Kat!  That has to be truly hilarious!

Trappeur

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 10:43 AM, katmeltswax said:

Trapp ,you need to do your Zazzle thing and find the perfect sticker for this one ,your so good at designing your labels on their site .I know you have plenty of oil selection to choose a scent for this one .Lmao I use Vista print because I cannot Zazzle like you ,so funny right .I have more trouble trying to get it right on Zazzle.LOVE LOVE your labels 😀

Do my Zazzle thing? :lol:  You funny!  Ok, let me see what I can do...

Kat, if you can do your Vista Print thing...lol...I know you can do Zazzle then!  REally!

Trappeur

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Leg lamp and all? lol, lol....you just gotta post a picture of that Kat!  That has to be truly hilarious!

Trappeur

Lmbo Trapp ,It is so funny 😀 I will post a picture later this week ,we will be doing our Christmas decorations. That lamp in the movie is very popular down here in South,Tx during the holiday season lol..

19 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Do my Zazzle thing? :lol:  You funny!  Ok, let me see what I can do...

Kat, if you can do your Vista Print thing...lol...I know you can do Zazzle then!  REally!

Trappeur

Lol not sure why I have lines under my response above .Now that's funny too! Yes I really have trouble on Zazzle ,crazy right .I was trying to get a blanket ordered the other day on the site with a pic of my new grandson ,go figure could not get it right .My daughter told me , she would do it on her iPhone for me .I love your labels you design on that site .I read on here before that someone else had a issue on Zazzle ,cannot remember when or whom .I will keep trying thou . I look forward to posting my Christmas Story porch theme soon. We are going to hang lights today and drag out the rest all this week . I purchased a real Frasier fir tree yesterday ,first real tree I have had in years ,I wanted it because I love the smell .I received my CS Frasier fir oil & love love love it .Went and purchased  a real one lmbo .

Sometimes when I have a scent like that and I don't want to name it for a country store or shop name I call it Christmas Splendor or just stick the name "Christmas" in it. Like:

Christmas Potpourri or Holiday Potpourri

Christmas Spice

Christmas Goodies

Forever Christmas

Christmas Village or Town

or even use "Santa" in the name:

Santa's Pajamas

Santa's Village

Santa's Workshop

• Like 1

4 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Lol not sure why I have lines under my response above .Now that's funny too! Yes I really have trouble on Zazzle ,crazy right .I was trying to get a blanket ordered the other day on the site with a pic of my new grandson ,go figure could not get it right .My daughter told me , she would do it on her iPhone for me .I love your labels you design on that site .I read on here before that someone else had a issue on Zazzle ,cannot remember when or whom .I will keep trying thou . I look forward to posting my Christmas Story porch theme soon. We are going to hang lights today and drag out the rest all this week . I purchased a real Frasier fir tree yesterday ,first real tree I have had in years ,I wanted it because I love the smell .I received my CS Frasier fir oil & love love love it .Went and purchased  a real one lmbo .

I can do it for you kat with the blanket if you still want or message me your phone number or I'll give you mine and we can get on the site together and I will walk you through how to navigate around that site.  I know your not used to Zazzle but I can zip around there on roller skates and do just about anything and even more that they don't tell you.  But then I've been using them for years....  Just let me know ok?

Trappeur

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

Did you try another browser? Like if you are using google chrome try internet explorer, or firefox and any other browzer. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Thanks Candybee ,I think maybe it could be my browser ,never thought about that being the issue .I will give it a try .I love Trapps labels ,so amazing how she can find the perfect one for each scent .I will change my browse & see if that helps.

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I can do it for you kat with the blanket if you still want or message me your phone number or I'll give you mine and we can get on the site together and I will walk you through how to navigate around that site.  I know your not used to Zazzle but I can zip around there on roller skates and do just about anything and even more that they don't tell you.  But then I've been using them for years....  Just let me know ok?

Trappeur

Aww Trapp ,you are to sweet ,thank you for the offer .I am going to switch my browser ,as Candybee suggest ,may be all I needed to do all along .Had no clue this may be the issue . I know your a pro at designing  the perfect label for your scents . I am so blessed to have found such great talented Crafters here .I learn something everyday on this site.

6 hours ago, Candybee said:

Sometimes when I have a scent like that and I don't want to name it for a country store or shop name I call it Christmas Splendor or just stick the name "Christmas" in it. Like:

Christmas Potpourri or Holiday Potpourri

Christmas Spice

Christmas Goodies

Forever Christmas

Christmas Village or Town

or even use "Santa" in the name:

Santa's Pajamas

Santa's Village

Santa's Workshop

Love "Forever Christmas" that's a wonderful name to put on a beautiful Christmas scent .I love naming scents 😀

• Like 1

aaaahhh...."Forever Christmas".....now THAT is beautiful.....truly beautiful...and it can go for any ole scent....

Ok, into the folder with your name on it Candybee....saving that...omg...your going to have to start charging for all these great suggestions you give out!

Hey has anyone ever watched a comediane named Orny Adams?  I'm watching him on t.v.....never heard of him...he is terrific!

I'm sitting here all by myself with my putties laughing my ass off.  This guy is so funny.

Trappeur

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

Aww Trapp ,you are to sweet ,thank you for the offer .I am going to switch my browser ,as Candybee suggest ,may be all I needed to do all along .Had no clue this may be the issue . I know your a pro at designing  the perfect label for your scents . I am so blessed to have found such great talented Crafters here .I learn something everyday on this site.

Kat, I'm no pro what so ever believe me..It's amazing how I just "get by" on so much....I just piddle away on my computer doing trial and error.  I really need to take a computer course as all I know is where the on and off button is. lol

Trappeur

17 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Love "Forever Christmas" that's a wonderful name to put on a beautiful Christmas scent .I love naming scents 😀

It just popped into my head... a play on the classic Forever Amber. Glad you like it. The more I say it the more I like it too! I think customers will be curious about about it too!!

• Like 1