Nickie

Scent Loss in Melts

There is a bit of controversy going on in the Vendor wax world, pertaining to one particular vendor's wax melts losing scent after around the 6-8 month mark. This wax blend is a soft, highly sliceable, all paraffin blend. 

My my question is......what causes this?  How can I keep it from happening to my melts?  

Obviously I use high quality oils, but I do have a soft, all paraffin blend. I do know that wax melts don't last forever, but I want them to last as long as possible, as I know lots of customers buy loads of wax that they think need "curing" so they keep it for months and months on end before melting. 

Had anyone had had problems with this issue?  Does soy help melts last longer before burning?  

Your thoughts on this issue are greatly appreciated! 

Do you know what type of wax they are using?  It could be the fragrance, fragrance load or additives used or a combination of both.  

On 12/3/2017 at 11:13 AM, soshiegirl said:

Do you know what type of wax they are using?  It could be the fragrance, fragrance load or additives used or a combination of both.  

She states that her wax is an all paraffin blend. Plus her wax is very transparent, which is not possible to get when using soy. 

On 12/3/2017 at 2:22 PM, TallTayl said:

Could be the packaging. Some plastics suck out scent. 

This is was the first thing I thought it could be. Thanks!  

On 12/4/2017 at 5:33 PM, Nickie said:

She states that her wax is an all paraffin blend. Plus her wax is very transparent, which is not possible to get when using soy. 

On 12/4/2017 at 5:33 PM, Nickie said:

Which paraffin is transparent ?

ive seen several YouTube videos 

on different wax vendors as they 

are referred to and to me the reviewers that make the videos 

seem odd to me. As in they get 

into the wax thing a little too much 

I wish I could remember the one lady's name but geez imo she takes this whole thing a little too 

seriously. I mean we're talking about wax here. She's over the top

and  quite mean. Do people really take it that seriously . Sorry I went 

off track but it's so weird to me .

• Like 1

@Moonstar, when I've made tarts with Candlewic's CBL129 they were somewhat transparent. You couldn't see through them, but they were almost like a super thick stained glass, only not as shiny. Definitely not a flat opaque like other waxes. Isn't the IGI 4627 kind of transparent too? I bet if you mixed the two you'd get pretty transparent tart.

I am always astounded at how rabid people can get over ridiculous stuff. Their lives must be pretty empty if they can waste that much time and energy on such minutia...

3 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I am always astounded at how rabid people can get over ridiculous stuff. Their lives must be pretty empty if they can waste that much time and energy on such minutia...

Hear hear!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 7:52 PM, Moonstar said:

Which paraffin is transparent ?

ive seen several YouTube videos 

on different wax vendors as they 

are referred to and to me the reviewers that make the videos 

seem odd to me. As in they get 

into the wax thing a little too much 

I wish I could remember the one lady's name but geez imo she takes this whole thing a little too 

seriously. I mean we're talking about wax here. She's over the top

and  quite mean. Do people really take it that seriously . Sorry I went 

off track but it's so weird to me .

4627 and 4725 both have a transparent quality, as compared to other waxes. 

I don't disagree with you!!  These people can be harsh and VERY crazed!  But the sad part about the success or failure of the online wax melt busiensses in this circle is driven by these types of reviews. One mistake and you're done. That is why the scent loss was concerning to me. Many of the wax melt accounts on YouTube and instagram have thousands upon thousands of followers, they all follow each other and listen to one another. The competition for wax melt companies is already stiff, without any errors. 

1 hour ago, Nickie said:

I don't disagree with you!!  These people can be harsh and VERY crazed!  But the sad part about the success or failure of the online wax melt busiensses in this circle is driven by these types of reviews. One mistake and you're done. That is why the scent loss was concerning to me. Many of the wax melt accounts on YouTube and instagram have thousands upon thousands of followers, they all follow each other and listen to one another. The competition for wax melt companies is already stiff, without any errors. 

210% agreed