Soy Wax and temp to add fo

Hello!

I started making candles using parrafin and a parrafin and soy blend. I'm trying to use all soy but struggling to get a HT. What temp should  I ads the FO? I've heard 185 and now I'm hearing as low as 125. HELP PLEASE

Edited by DT1120
Not done typing

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 9:46 PM, DT1120 said:

Hello!

I started making candles using parrafin and a parrafin and soy blend. I'm trying to use all soy but struggling to get a HT. What temp should  I ads the FO? I've heard 185 and now I'm hearing as low as 125. HELP PLEASE

If you look on the internet long enough, you will get so much info on when to add FO, it will boggle your mind.  I've tried adding at both 185 and just before pouring, and they seemed to work pretty much the same HT... I know when I add the FO to the wax, I notice the FO sort of looks like oil in water...then when its mixed for about 2 min it becomes clear again.  I know most like to add at 185, and that seems to be what most suppliers recommend.

I follow instructions from manufacturer of wax c3 is poured at a higher temp and says add oils at 185  millennium is heated to and poured at lower temp and says to add fragrance at 140 it has been awhile since I tested the others to remember manufacturer recommendations I have read that if you don’t add at 185 it will not bind to wax and it totally binds at the lower temp for millennium so the manufacturers have tested and tested before

putting their recommendations 

On cs

6 hours ago, DT1120 said:

Hi shucks, thank you for your response.  Are your saying you add at 185 and pour at 140 with no issues?

On c3 I melt to 185 add fo and mix and pour  with millennium I melt to 160 add fo at 140 and pour at 115 as per manufactur instructions of each wax