Still In Search Of A Good Bayberry

coffeebean

I really don't know what is a 'realistic' bayberry :) , but I like the one from Millcreek. 

Here is their scent description:

Festive fragrance has fruity berry and forest spruce top notes combined with clove, and a touch of fresh ginger. 

Let me edit this by saying I just poured some yesterday and haven't burned one yet.  But I liked the sample I got, so ordered a bottle and so far I like the cold throw in wax.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

As much as I am a pine lover, I don't like just bayberry.  It is just way too sharp and strong.

If you like a blend I can recommend Fillmores Bayberry and Cinnamon....It's really beautiful.  It has just the right amount of cinnamon in it that you can smell and it just does something really nice to the bayberry and the bayberry is just beautiful.  I smell both of those notes and from hating just a bayberry I love this combo.

Trappeur

• Like 2

Peaks used to have a good one. If Community Candle is carrying Peaks FOs you may want to check them out.

For bayberry I use blends I love. C&S has an awesome Bayberry Apple Spice. Its a wonderful holiday scent that smells like warm bay leave, apples, and cinnamon spice.

Fillmore also has a nice Bayberry & Cinnamon but to my nose it has a slight medicinal note in it so I prefer the C&S Bayberry Apple Spice.

• Like 1

I tried the one from Aztec and it makes me ill to smell. It's very perfumery smelling to me. I don't know what it's supposed to smell like but I did try the one from NG and love it. It's totally different than the one from Aztec. I'm not sure what anyone else's smells like.

• Like 1

@coffeebeanI guess one question I have is what are you putting it in? I do like the CS bayberry. BUT! Save on Scents has SEVERAL Bay Rum scents that I like WAY WAY mo-betta. 

CS's bayberry is pretty much spot on... I guess you could blend it (if you're doing candles) with a little CS Christmas Hearth... That would be DIVINE. 

Here, take this:
$0.01
Oh and this: 
$0.01

Now you have my 2 scents. ;) -Sponiebr

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When general wax discontinued it a few years back, I just happened to be in there and catch this last bottle. I have always loved their Bayberry.  I make one candle for myself each year so I can savor it. LOL I live close to the store and of asked many times if they plan to restock it And they don’t seem too motivated to bring it back into their inventory.

312BD9C0-8166-4CE9-B0E0-02CA50373902.jpeg