Best Christmas Fragrances?

jfear

On 11/15/2017 at 2:19 PM, Candybee said:

For you clove lovers out there I am using Fillmore's Clove this year as part of my holiday line. Out of bottle I was a little skeptical about the scent until I put it in wax. Then it blossomed in my wax. I just love Fillmore's Clove now. Had thought about adding some orange to it for orange clove but by itself it is so nice I left it be. I had been getting a lot of requests for a straight clove so if you are looking try Fillmore's!

What in Fillmore's Clove makes it attractive for a house scent and not like a medieval hospital disinfectant?

Y'all did inspire me to try something:  I have an old bottle of Mr. Missy's Clove & Spice and one of Orange Chiffon from KY.  I just dipped q-tips in them and wrapped in some wax paper to see how that blends.  Neither were getting used, so it will be fantastic if this is as nice as some other orange clove blends.

Edited by Darbla
typo

I'm gonna throw this out there because I think most of you never thought of this one for Christmas-- but one of my best all time Christmas sellers was Burberry For Men from Pure Fragrance Oils. I made soap with it and added a little Bay Rum. Called it Burberry Bay Rum. I was thinking mostly men would buy it but instead mostly women bought it saying they loved the scent.

Its deeply spicey and a bit cologny but it also speaks Christmas. I keep forgetting about this combo and should put it back on my holiday list. The problem is finding a good bay rum to blend it with now. I used to use MW's Dark Knight? and it was like bay rum on steriods. It was awesome. I guess when MW's closed that's when I quit using this combo. I think FB has it..... will check on that.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

That makes sense to me because Burberry for Men has black currant, which is another fruit that makes me think of Christmas.  I think it's an association with fruit compote, stewed fruits, mincemeat in cookies and pies, something along those lines.

BPAL used to make a perfume oil called Tintagel (long discontinued) that every time I wore it around one particular friend she would remark "I smell Christmas!"  This is an old description of it: 

"Spicy mulled wine flowing through the musky heat, warm leather and bright clash of armor, the damp branches of Cornish hawthorn, blackthorn, juniper, English elm and bayberry, and the magical tingle of dragon's blood resin."

• Like 1

Some of my Christmas favorite types are:

Rocky Mountain Pine

Apple Pie

Spiced Orange

Bayberry

Ribbon Candy

Christmas Wish

Christmas Bliss

All Hallow's Eve (yeah, I know it's supposed to be a Fall scent but it's good all year long!)

Glistening Snow

Wassail

Artic Air

Mistletoe

Frankincense and Myrrh

Peppermint scents

Holly Berry

Cranberry Chutneys, Cobblers, relishes, etc.

Spice scents

Hot Chocolate (add peppermints, whipped cream, butterscotch, toffee, etc)

Aspen Winter

Pipe type scents

Sugared fruits

Mulled Ciders

2 hours ago, Darbla said:

What in Fillmore's Clove makes it attractive for a house scent and not like a medieval hospital disinfectant?

Y'all did inspire me to try something:  I have an old bottle of Mr. Missy's Clove & Spice and one of Orange Chiffon from KY.  I just dipped q-tips in them and wrapped in some wax paper to see how that blends.  Neither were getting used, so it will be fantastic if this is as nice as some other orange clove blends.

It doesn't have that medicinal note in it that some cloves have. Its a sweet kitchen spice type clove. You think of bakery spices like cinnamon and nutmeg and this is the missing clove. Its a mild clove without a bite to it. More sweet spice that is more of a single type note, just clove and sweet.

• Like 1

It was wonderful, and actually really similar to these orange clove scents we've been talking about.  But unfortunately since it's no longer available there's no way we can get it duped exactly.  :(   Some of the wassail scents (mulled cider) put me in mind of it too. 

14 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Oh my gosh, another blend by Candybee  balsam fir and cinn broom....I use those 2 all the time just about every day....I'm doing that blend tonight....cant wait!  Thanks again Candybee!

You come up with the best blends I swear!

Trappeur

Thanks! When you blend go easy with the cinnamon. Try more balsam than the cinnamon broom. I mixed it 50/50% and the cinnamon overpowers the balsam. So maybe a 2:1 balsam to cinnamon mix to start, then add more cinnamon if you want til you get just the right amount.

I think next time I am going to try it with Frasier Fir or Mistletoe because either or those two are strong enough to hold their own with the cinnamon broom.

jfear don't forget Candy Cane. I quit looking once I found C&S Candy Cane. Just the right amount of peppermint and sugary sweetness. Its strong but not overpowering. I like it by itself but it also makes an awesome blender. I mix mine with CS Mistletoe for a snowy christmas tree type scent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darbla said:

It was wonderful, and actually really similar to these orange clove scents we've been talking about.  But unfortunately since it's no longer available there's no way we can get it duped exactly.  :(   Some of the wassail scents (mulled cider) put me in mind of it too. 

If you ever find anything like it let us know. From your description I think I would like it.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2017 at 10:31 AM, soshiegirl said:

Some of my Christmas favorite types are:

Rocky Mountain Pine

Apple Pie

Spiced Orange

Bayberry

Ribbon Candy

Christmas Wish

Christmas Bliss

All Hallow's Eve (yeah, I know it's supposed to be a Fall scent but it's good all year long!)

Glistening Snow

Wassail

Artic Air

Mistletoe

Frankincense and Myrrh

Peppermint scents

Holly Berry

Cranberry Chutneys, Cobblers, relishes, etc.

Spice scents

Hot Chocolate (add peppermints, whipped cream, butterscotch, toffee, etc)

Aspen Winter

Pipe type scents

Sugared fruits

Mulled Ciders

Hi ,just wandering if the peppermint over rides the Cocoa on your suggested blend ? Gosh the blend sounds soooo Good .I love blending oils ,have never thought about this one .I have Aztec hot cocoa and North Pole from flaming .What co. do you recommend for this blend ? I have to try this one ,great for Christmas .

I'm going to be boring and say that my favorite is Christmas Splendor. I've gotten it from TCS, C&S, and NG, and all three were wonderful.

Its such a warm joyful fragrance. And I like how it can be blended to bump up the spice, or the fruit, or even a little pine for different tastes.

I'm burning it right now, matter of fact! 😄

There are so many great fragrances that recall special memories and traditions this time of year, it's hard to narrow it down to just a few!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Hi ,just wandering if the peppermint over rides the Cocoa on your suggested blend ? Gosh the blend sounds soooo Good .I love blending oils ,have never thought about this one .I have Aztec hot cocoa and North Pole from flaming .What co. do you recommend for this blend ? I have to try this one ,great for Christmas .

I love Hot Chocolate Dreams from Fragrance Buddy.  As for the Peppermint, I like to use candy cane for a more sweet scent instead of straight peppermint.  If you're looking for a great scent that's already blended but has a coffee note, check out Just Scent's Starbucks Peppermint Mocha (delish).  If you're blending try a ratio of 3 cocoa to 1 mint; it really depends on how strong you want the mint to come through!  Happy Blending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soshiegirl said:

I love Hot Chocolate Dreams from Fragrance Buddy.  As for the Peppermint, I like to use candy cane for a more sweet scent instead of straight peppermint.  If you're looking for a great scent that's already blended but has a coffee note, check out Just Scent's Starbucks Peppermint Mocha (delish).  If you're blending try a ratio of 3 cocoa to 1 mint; it really depends on how strong you want the mint to come through!  Happy Blending.

Thank you for the info,going to try this very soon ,sounds so good 😀

On 12/2/2017 at 4:34 PM, Candybee said:

jfear-- have you tried FB's cinnamon broom? It smells just like those cinnamon scented pine cones they sell at the market. You know the ones you smell just as you are walking out the door and go what's that?!! Its a strong cinnamon with a bite to it. I love it! I have replaced all my cinnamon blends with that. Plus being a great mixer it is also fantastic alone. Great throw in my palm! Cinnamon lovers go "wow" when they open one of my candles to smell it.

Plus, you'll want to blend it with some of Fillmore's Christmas Tree for cinnamon balsam scent.

Thanks for that suggestion, I will try that indeed! I have always LOVED that cinnamon pine cone waft when you walk into the store!

Whoa and that blend sounds amazing! 🤗🖤

Edited by jfear
  • Like 2

Yes sounds wonderful ,love the Cinnamon & Pine together. I have Cinnamon & Balsam from Keystone ,just not strong enough in my wax blends .Think I try FB Broom with a splash of Frasier Fir .I use Candlewic FF ,tried the one from Candlescience ,not nearly as strong as CW in my wax . I am going to have to order some Fillmore Christmas tree ,have heard such great reviews on this one .

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 7:58 PM, Sarah S said:

I'm going to be boring and say that my favorite is Christmas Splendor. I've gotten it from TCS, C&S, and NG, and all three were wonderful.

Its such a warm joyful fragrance. And I like how it can be blended to bump up the spice, or the fruit, or even a little pine for different tastes.

I'm burning it right now, matter of fact! 😄

There are so many great fragrances that recall special memories and traditions this time of year, it's hard to narrow it down to just a few!

That is one of my staple scents for my holiday line. But now I use it as a mixer for my cinnamon apple. I had been wanting to find a dupe of Glade's Cinnamon Apple and tried mixing it myself and couldn't get it right. One day I just threw together some C&S christmas splendor with some CS Harvest apple and voila! It reminded me of the glade scent. Now its one of my top 4 sellers!

Edited by Candybee