Best Christmas Fragrances?

jfear

Hello chandlers! I hope you all are well!

I am always on the lookout for great Christmas fragrances; I was at the store and found this Glade candle (uh, I know) but the fragrance is a dream! I was wondering if anyone knew of anything comparable. I used to love Peak's "Home for the Holidays" but it was a little too Eucalyptus-y for me.

Just a nice sweet pleasant Christmas tree like fragrance, any suggestions would be so appreciated. Thank you all!

(On a side note, my staple this time of year is Flaming Candle's Mocha Mint, it's seriously amazing!)

IMG_2178.JPG

Edited by jfear

I have never smelled that before but if your looking for just a plain old wonderful Christmas tree Scent Fillmores Christmas tree is amazing 

it reminds me of bath and body works fresh balsam- not over powering eucalyptus at all just sweet pine 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

Ditto what Moonshine said....

2'nd Choice is CS Fraser Fir or WSP Fraser Fir (they are the exact same)

Another great choice I have used for years is:

Community C:   Christmas Tree (Their Balsam Fir and Christmas Tree is the same scent exactly - they just have 2 different names)

It's not a balsam, not a fraser, not a spruce but just a beautiful pine ( and no pine sol in case your wondering)

Trappeur

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

I third Fillmore's Christmas Tree, followed by CS Frasier Fir. Both are awesome christmas tree type scents. My personal favorite is CS Mistletoe.

Aahhhh CS mistletoe 

I don't know what it is about this one but I never ever get tired of it - one of my top favorites also 

I get sick of scents easily but not this one 😂 And I think you recommended elements Rocky Mountain Christmas way back and that's another I could smell all day everyday 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 2

Thank you all so much; I always trust your expert opinions! I can't wait to try Fillmore's Christmas Tree, their site is down now but I think they are working on a new one, I hope it's not another Peak situation!

And CS, I love them so I will totally try their Mistletoe! Thank you!

❤😘🎄

• Like 1

If your looking for a christmas pine that is not a sharp pine, Fillmore Christmas Tree is awesome. CS Frasier fir is great as is their mistletoe. If your looking for a cranberry 

that is on the sweeter side CS Cranberry marmalade, to my nose its very similar to Peaks Cranapple  marmalade. I prefer BC Spiced Cranberry . I think Orange Clove is 

also a nice scent for over the holidays IMHO and Gingerbread Latte from Backwoods is also yummy. If you haven't tried Iced Lemon Biscotti from Fillmore get yourself

some, Im obsessed with it - so, so good. 

• Like 1

Moonstar, who is the orange clove your talking about?  Fillmore?  Geesh let me go and check there as I didn't think CS had one...I love orange clove!

The one closest to an orange clove I have always loved is Community's Orange Peel and Cinnamon.

Trappeur

For you clove lovers out there I am using Fillmore's Clove this year as part of my holiday line. Out of bottle I was a little skeptical about the scent until I put it in wax. Then it blossomed in my wax. I just love Fillmore's Clove now. Had thought about adding some orange to it for orange clove but by itself it is so nice I left it be. I had been getting a lot of requests for a straight clove so if you are looking try Fillmore's!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Moonstar, who is the orange clove your talking about?  Fillmore?  Geesh let me go and check there as I didn't think CS had one...I love orange clove!

The one closest to an orange clove I have always loved is Community's Orange Peel and Cinnamon.

Trappeur

I have the one from WSP. Personally, I don't find it terribly strong so I add more Orange from American Organic Soy and I have a bottle of Red Clove from Peak that 

lasts quite a long time because its very strong + a little goes a long way. I didn't have success with wicks, I think because of the clove maybe ???? so I just use it in 

wax melts and use a small sliver of a orange peel + a few cloves on top of the wax melts. Looks so pretty + festive . I just went on Fillmore and the page is down

Wonder whats going on, unless they're doing inventory ? Bulk Apothecary has an Orange Clove. BTW the one I use from WSP is Orang Cinnamon Clove.

3 hours ago, jfear said:

Thank you all so much; I always trust your expert opinions! I can't wait to try Fillmore's Christmas Tree, their site is down now but I think they are working on a new one, I hope it's not another Peak situation!

And CS, I love them so I will totally try their Mistletoe! Thank you!

❤😘🎄

Just noticed its down too. Hope thats all it is, I know I recently received an email from Fillmore about updates so maybe your right :) 

• Like 1

I seem to recall I got an email from them about them updating their website and that it would be down while they do the work. but that was several days ago and I deleted it so not 100% sure it was Fillmore. But I do remember it was a PA website so it must have been them.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:50 AM, Moonstar said:

If your looking for a christmas pine that is not a sharp pine, Fillmore Christmas Tree is awesome. CS Frasier fir is great as is their mistletoe. If your looking for a cranberry 

that is on the sweeter side CS Cranberry marmalade, to my nose its very similar to Peaks Cranapple  marmalade. I prefer BC Spiced Cranberry . I think Orange Clove is 

also a nice scent for over the holidays IMHO and Gingerbread Latte from Backwoods is also yummy. If you haven't tried Iced Lemon Biscotti from Fillmore get yourself

some, Im obsessed with it - so, so good. 

I'm ordering Christmas Tree now from Fillmore!  

Ooh, and so trying Gingerbread Latte, thank you for that! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank you all for the "Christmas Tree" Fillmore suggestion, it's GORGEOUS! I love it so much, it's great oob but it's even better cured! Thank you! 🤗

I have been using FC "Balsam Fir" which is also really great but Fillmore's takes the cake, it's more of a sweet fir fragrance. Love it.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2017 at 3:37 PM, Moonstar said:

I have the one from WSP. Personally, I don't find it terribly strong so I add more Orange from American Organic Soy and I have a bottle of Red Clove from Peak that 

lasts quite a long time because its very strong + a little goes a long way. I didn't have success with wicks, I think because of the clove maybe ???? so I just use it in 

wax melts and use a small sliver of a orange peel + a few cloves on top of the wax melts. Looks so pretty + festive . I just went on Fillmore and the page is down

Wonder whats going on, unless they're doing inventory ? Bulk Apothecary has an Orange Clove. BTW the one I use from WSP is Orang Cinnamon Clove.

Sounds like something I would love.  Well since I need some more VBN from WSP, I'll go and get a pound of the Orange Cinnamon Clove.  Hope it's not expensive otherwise I'll be saving just for me.  Thankyou Moonstar!

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jfear said:

I just wanted to thank you all for the "Christmas Tree" Fillmore suggestion, it's GORGEOUS! I love it so much, it's great oob but it's even better cured! Thank you! 🤗

I have been using FC "Balsam Fir" which is also really great but Fillmore's takes the cake, it's more of a sweet fir fragrance. Love it.

Is FC Flaming Jfear?

Trappeur

There are two scents I love and associate with Christmas that probably nobody else really does:  Brown Sugar & Fig (Candle Science) and Geembertarts (Candle & Supplies).

Brown Sugar & Fig is figgy pudding you wear.  There's a lot of bakery scents that I would like in my house but not on me, but this is perfumey with a figgy pudding feel.

Geembertarts is sugary sweet and puts me in mind of Christmas treats. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Sounds like something I would love.  Well since I need some more VBN from WSP, I'll go and get a pound of the Orange Cinnamon Clove.  Hope it's not expensive otherwise I'll be saving just for me.  Thankyou Moonstar!

Trappeur

I'll put it in your box . I think it's a 4oz bottle . That way you can see 

for yourself if you like it before ordering a full pound. I'll go look later in my cabinet 

On 11/26/2017 at 9:06 AM, Trappeur said:

Is FC Flaming Jfear?

Trappeur

Yes, Flaming Candle! I do love them, I use all of their oils in my Christmas line. Balsam Fir, Mocha Mint and Home for Christmas are winners!

jfear-- have you tried FB's cinnamon broom? It smells just like those cinnamon scented pine cones they sell at the market. You know the ones you smell just as you are walking out the door and go what's that?!! Its a strong cinnamon with a bite to it. I love it! I have replaced all my cinnamon blends with that. Plus being a great mixer it is also fantastic alone. Great throw in my palm! Cinnamon lovers go "wow" when they open one of my candles to smell it.

Plus, you'll want to blend it with some of Fillmore's Christmas Tree for cinnamon balsam scent.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jfear said:

Yes, Flaming Candle! I do love them, I use all of their oils in my Christmas line. Balsam Fir, Mocha Mint and Home for Christmas are winners!

So the mocha mint is good ,hugh ? Almost any chocolate Ive tried smells weird while burning. Hows the mocha mint in candles or melts ?

Did you end up trying Backwoods Gingerbread Latte, what'd you think ?

Edited by Moonstar

Oh my gosh, another blend by Candybee  balsam fir and cinn broom....I use those 2 all the time just about every day....I'm doing that blend tonight....cant wait!  Thanks again Candybee!

You come up with the best blends I swear!

Trappeur

• Like 2

Rustic escentuals' Christmas Bliss FO is my favorite Christmas themed FO that I have ever sampled so far, though I have only sampled a bit over a dozen such themed FO's from a few different companies. Their Christmas Bliss FO in my own experience is much stronger and bolder than their usual FO's and it is also fairly versatile, it will come across as Christmas to people if you label it as such, but it can also be labeled in other creative ways, and it blends really well with FO's that are simple and softening, such as sandalwood, to tone it down a bit into something smoother, if desired. I've had a few different very finicky people who lit up big time over that FO, and I really like it myself (and am also a finicky sort, myself). Just overall very impressed with the blend, it is a more complex one but balanced really well, smells absolutely awesome. I am usually not a fan of the usual Christmas FO's (just personal tastes) whether sampling a FO or sniffing a store product. Christmas tree and pine ones tend to smell like cleaning products to me (dammit power of pine sol), the wreath ones smell chemically to me like eucalyptus gone wrong, the spice ones just smell like overblown potpourri on steroids to me, the snow/frost themed ones are too ozonic for my tastes, and then the holly balsam sorts of blends to me just smell like generic red holiday candles and not in a good way. (I really am hyper-fickle, though, this isn't meant to be like an objective critique or anything). Holds true across all companies I have tried. So all of that said, I was pretty blown away by that Christmas Bliss one, it's got the Goldilocks "just right" thing going on for me.

Edited by NaughtyNancy