Cello bag size for Scalloped edge melts?

Barefootgirl

I'm horrible at figuring out sizes of packing I need. Could someone recommend the right size of resealable bags for packing up single scalloped edge molded melts? I will not be using any top tags so would like them snug in there. I'm thinking a 3x3 but I never get these right. Figure someone has the size and I'd be grateful not to order lots of bags I won't use. 

I recently purchased some cello bags from an ebay seller and they were nice quality.

In taking a look, I see they have a 3x3 cello that seals.  What I liked about the bags I got was that they're cellophane, but it doesn't seem to crinkle/wrinkle as easily as some of the cello's I've bought before.  Anyway, I thought I'd share this here for whatever it's worth.  Clear 3x3 cello bags with seal

(P.S. I should add that the bags I purchased from them were longer, open-ended bags with a gusset, so possibly different material than the ones that seal.)

Edited by birdcharm

• 3 weeks later...

I put mine standing up in the cello bag. 

I use 4x2x9.  You could probably do 3in for a closer fit but I prefer mine a little loose as it seems to keep wax off of the bag. 

Heres how I do it (not my photo, but this is how I stack them)

IMG_7603.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2017 at 6:31 PM, Venetti said:

I put mine standing up in the cello bag. 

I use 4x2x9.  You could probably do 3in for a closer fit but I prefer mine a little loose as it seems to keep wax off of the bag. 

Heres how I do it (not my photo, but this is how I stack them)

IMG_7603.JPG

I like your scallops! I am just curious ,if you don't mind sharing .What kind of price do you put on a bag of 6 or 7 ? I love making these larger size ,however my customers seem to want more quantity ,so I use much smaller silicone molds .I guess most do not realize ,you get the same amount of wax with less ,than verses more melts. I would like to make the larger melts verses the smaller silicone shapes. Thank you in advance .I normally price my melts by the weight of wax .

On 11/15/2017 at 6:07 PM, barbaranj said:

This is a 3x3  and the zip part is not included in the measurement 

its a snug fit...but it fits. 

CB1FE43C-3C39-40EA-9F1C-BACD467CC7EE.jpeg

I was wandering do you offer these individually as shown to your customers? Thank you in advance ,if you don't mind sharing .If so what price do you ask for a single melt? These look really nice in the single package 😀

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I was wandering do you offer these individually as shown to your customers? Thank you in advance ,if you don't mind sharing .If so what price do you ask for a single melt? These look really nice in the single package 😀

Thanks!    I actually do not sell these individually, but if I did, I would most likely sell them for $1.25 each or five for $5.00. 

These were packaged for the tart swap we had in the fall. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, barbaranj said:

Thanks!    I actually do not sell these individually, but if I did, I would most likely sell them for $1.25 each or five for $5.00. 

These were packaged for the tart swap we had in the fall. 

Well they're so cute in the lil bag individual.I wish my customers would purchase the bigger ones like this from me .Seems they want more quantity ,silicone mold smeller melts in bulk. I would rather make the larger metal mold size myself. Thank you for getting back with me .The Price 5 for 5 sounds about right thou .I always price mine about a dollar per oz.Lol with shipping so high in wax ,postage for oils & everything else needed ,seems to me vendors are selling to low , including myself .I know not everyone has to pay ship on supplies .I am in Tx ,no place to drive & get the wax .

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 4:02 PM, katmeltswax said:

.I know not everyone has to pay ship on supplies .I am in Tx ,no place to drive & get the wax .

Where are you in Texas? DFW has 3 candle suppliers.  May be worth a day trip if you are close enough.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Velma said:

Where are you in Texas? DFW has 3 candle suppliers.  May be worth a day trip if you are close enough.

Thank you much ,I am in South,Tx about 100 miles from Houston .Very close to the Gulf waters .I have never heard of DFS .Can you give me more info .Thanks in advance 😀

28 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

3x3 worked for me.  Just a word of advice.  I started packaging these in those zip bags and they get really messy over time so store them another way and package right before you need to display them.

Yes thank you ,I was thinking maybe these could get messy bag smears when stored to long.The melts just look so cute in the tiny little bags .Packing just prior would be alright for a quick sales ,hoping lol.

• Like 1