Hot Throw in Only 2 directions

So this may be a dumb question- but with some of my candles, I get a decent HT ( like a 3.5-4) in strength but for some reason It doesn't go fully around the candle. For instance. If I have it in my lobby it might tend to be strong in the living room area but not actually in the lobby area. Is that normal? There is no draft and no fan going either. Not sure why it's doing that and if it's normal. If I place it in the middle of my kitchen I find it stronger in certain areas as well. Just looking to see if this is normal. It's been so long since I"ve tried a candle other than mine as well so maybe thats part of it. 

Totally normal! There's always air flow in your home, even if there's no actual draft. Even just the air sinking as it cools may pull fragrance in different directions. You may need to try burning in different areas if you're not happy with the throw. If it's not a big deal, I wouldn't worry about it too much, just be aware of it when testing.

Just one more challenge to the testing process, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also keep in mind that some scents naturally are stronger and can scent farther while others are much lighter. Also, traffic areas can make a difference, so can candle nose, or I have found even sitting in the same room with the candle I may sometimes not be able to smell it until I walk out and then walk back in again.

On 11/14/2017 at 1:10 PM, Jbruza said:

So this may be a dumb question- but with some of my candles, I get a decent HT ( like a 3.5-4) in strength but for some reason It doesn't go fully around the candle. For instance. If I have it in my lobby it might tend to be strong in the living room area but not actually in the lobby area. Is that normal? There is no draft and no fan going either. Not sure why it's doing that and if it's normal. If I place it in the middle of my kitchen I find it stronger in certain areas as well. Just looking to see if this is normal. It's been so long since I"ve tried a candle other than mine as well so maybe thats part of it. 

I have the same thing..I have a doorway from the kitchen to the laundry area (no door tho)...I have a glade melter close to that door, and burn candles in the kitchen. When I go into the laundry area, it smells twice as strong there than in the kitchen.  Maybe there's a air flow that we don't actually feel..that would be my guess.

12 hours ago, Gary in Canada said:

I have the same thing..I have a doorway from the kitchen to the laundry area (no door tho)...I have a glade melter close to that door, and burn candles in the kitchen. When I go into the laundry area, it smells twice as strong there than in the kitchen.  Maybe there's a air flow that we don't actually feel..that would be my guess.

Thats what someone was telling me- that even if there is no draft, it's the way your air in your home might be circulating. So from a consumers perspective its all going to vary based on layout of home etc.