Natureswax c3 and wicking

I'm looking for some help! I'm a longtime eco soya cb advanced user and well of course that era has ended. I'm having a hard time wicking natureswax c3. I don't want to double wick if I don't have to but I want a clean even burn !! Using htp right now .. no luck . Thank you !!!

I'm sorry ! I'm new to this and put that in the tags. A 16 oz wide mouth mason jar 3 1/2 inches . I'll add a pic of my old eco soya burn and my current natureswax c3 burn . 1st pic is eco soya advanced- burn I want to achieve with the new wax. Second pic is after 2 three hour burns on natureswax 

image.jpg

IMG_7807.JPG

I'm new to all of this, I'm also using c3 and an 8oz tin and HTP wicks. The suggested 1212 hasn't worked for me yet, I've tried different FO's. I also bought 106, definitely didn't work. Right now I double wicked the 106 which should reach up to 9.5 diameter and the tin I'm using is 3.3!!!!!!!! This is the only thing that has worked so far but from what I read this is too much wick. It's been burning for an hour and almost all melted around the edges by now, I may just try a different tin because I don't even see me sizing up one more wick working. Anyways i doubt any of this was helpful, I more or less wanted to let you know I'm struggling too and I hope you can find what works for ya.

Edited by amy91

Hi! Well it sounds like what your doing might be working ! You should allow one hour for every inch the candle is across. It's alll just one big science experiment . I'm going to try the wicks someone has recommended and I'll post my results as soon as I have them. 

Double wicks in a tin get really, I mean really hot by the middle. When double wicked, If you are reaching a full melt pool with C3 within the first hour, just watch as you continue to burn. It won't be long before the entire tin is totally liquid. 

With tins you need to be very patient and burn the whole life of the tin to learn how it conducts heat.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, amy91 said:

I'm new to all of this, I'm also using c3 and an 8oz tin and HTP wicks. The suggested 1212 hasn't worked for me yet, I've tried different FO's. I also bought 106, definitely didn't work. Right now I double wicked the 106 which should reach up to 9.5 diameter and the tin I'm using is 3.3!!!!!!!! This is the only thing that has worked so far but from what I read this is too much wick. It's been burning for an hour and almost all melted around the edges by now, I may just try a different tin because I don't even see me sizing up one more wick working. Anyways i doubt any of this was helpful, I more or less wanted to let you know I'm struggling too and I hope you can find what works for ya.

HTP 1212 in a 8 ounce tin isn't working how so?  That's a big wick for a tin 

and what is 106? HTP? They only make 104-105-1212 that I am aware of 

if this is a HTP 106 which is news to me and your double wicking that in a 8 ounce tin your going to have a fire 

I don't use C3 but in that tin I would not be double wicking at all and try the CD SERIES in a 14 and 16 to start 

htp I would think a 105 is plenty big single wicked and you might need to go down to a 104 or even a 93

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought the same exact thing....a 1212 in an 8oz tin?.....way too big .....a torch thrower it would be.

I do those tins all the time in 464 and have always used a cd12 but now with these wax problems going on, I've had to go down to a cd 10 and actually on a few I could almost use a cd 8.

if I remember correctly in my mind when I use c3 I always used a cd 12....but then it's been a while and these waxes have all changed.  I believe TTayle uses that wax in that tin and I believe she posted not too long ago she is having to wick up and I thought she said a cd12.  She'll probably see this and give her input.

I would definitely (not) wick that tin for sure.........also....

I think I read somewhere on this forum that in another country they do make 106 htps.....I believe I read that here.  I know kinda odd.

I know I used to use htp 126 on mugs.....but that's a good size wick too.

Trappeur

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I thought the same exact thing....a 1212 in an 8oz tin?.....way too big .....a torch thrower it would be.

I do those tins all the time in 464 and have always used a cd12 but now with these wax problems going on, I've had to go down to a cd 10 and actually on a few I could almost use a cd 8.

if I remember correctly in my mind when I use c3 I always used a cd 12....but then it's been a while and these waxes have all changed.  I believe TTayle uses that wax in that tin and I believe she posted not too long ago she is having to wick up and I thought she said a cd12.  She'll probably see this and give her input.

I would definitely (not) wick that tin for sure.........also....

I think I read somewhere on this forum that in another country they do make 106 htps.....I believe I read that here.  I know kinda odd.

I know I used to use htp 126 on mugs.....but that's a good size wick too.

Trappeur

I meant to say I would definitely not "DOUBLE" wick that tin for sure....oops .....sorry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've tested the cd wicks and the 7 series as well as the htps and the lx I've had no luck wicking the 16 oz wide mouth jars. I haven't tried the rrds. Best so far was the cd 16  and I'm not happy with that. No luck in this jar or the 12 oz status jar. I'm getting a little discouraged and tired. It was never this hard with the ecosoya advanced. 

I’m at the bottom of the 16 oz widemouth jar and there is a lot of wax cling on one side still. It also looks very messy. The status jar also looks very messy. This till has wax clinging to one side as well, just not as bad as the 16oz widemouth jar. 

I tried double wicking the 16oz widemouth jar with two cd 6. It burned perfectly and no mushrooming .  However, I noticed the glass a lot hotter than a single wick obviously. I’m starting to think that could be a concern... do you have thoughts on double wicking? Are you a fan of it or do you stay away from it... 

The Cd 16 should work just fine in that jar.   I personally use cotton core  51-40-18C in that jar and some scents 60-40-18C but like I said the CD should work as well.  My friend used to swear by Performa wicks in the mason jars with C3.   I don't know what sizes because she's been gone from the forum for many years, but her old posts may still be here?  I remember she sent me some to try and I don't think I ever did.  She made strictly mason jar candles and mostly 16 oz.

Some scents are harder to burn than others. Have you tried the cd16 in other scents in that same jar? 

By the bottom of a tin (2") the cd16 is scorching hot and burns all of the wax around the tin. The glass container should create enough chimney to heat the whole candle and melt it off. What is the widest measurement of the jar? 

@RoxWix wood wicks are fun, but it takes a lot of testing to get a decent burn (not too hot) and hot throw. I bought the sample pack from the wooden wick company that owns the patents so I got 5 of each (200 wicks in the kit). Having that much variety is awesome for fine tuning.

i LOVE the wooden wicks in coconut wax.

• Like 2

The last set only a couple of days.i think they need a bit more to not soot early on. 

I tested the coconut wax "beads" from candles and supplies.net  this round. Am a bit disappointed that all 5 ended up sooting pretty badly by the end. Back to the drawing board.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:27 PM, TallTayl said:

The last set only a couple of days.i think they need a bit more to not soot early on. 

I tested the coconut wax "beads" from candles and supplies.net  this round. Am a bit disappointed that all 5 ended up sooting pretty badly by the end. Back to the drawing board.

Thank you, TT!

Ok. Newbie here...And I'm pulling my hair out. I'm testing wicks in a 22oz. straight sided, 3.75" diameter jar. Total wax and FO used brought it to 15oz. I like the look of double wicking but am thinking that this is more trouble than it's worth. I started with 2 HTP 62's per seller suggestion for the coconut/soy wax I am using. Flames were teeny tiny and MP was ridiculously small. Changed up to CD12 - also tiny flame. Upped the wick to HTP 105 - better on 1st burn but dancing flames. MP was to the edge on 2 sides. Not so much on the other 2. I am now doing my second burn and the flame is small. Nothing like the 1st burn. Should I try going to a CD 16 or 18 as a single wick? Is that a better idea? Help! Thanks!

Edited by rchvh1