Will c3 underdog changes

after reading all the ecosoya testing nightmare got me to researching as I use c3 and have for 6 years I have sold to antique stores a few salons and Etsy but am rolling out a wholesale boutique line and don't want to use a wax that will be changed.... does anyone know why ecoysoya changed to comply with the 2018 guidelines and golden and c3 have not reformulated?  is it because they are not selling to food grade industry and ecoysoya was? I know c3 has hydrogenated oils and so then it would not comply to 2018 guidelines. Is it only effecting companies that also sell food grade oil? I am nervous about rolling out and wax being changed same year.

sherry

All soy wax seems to be affected with this years lots numbers 

do you have any from this year you have been using and it's performance is normal?

C3 users are reporting having to wick up 

464 users are reporting having to wick Down

6006 users which contains soy seem to be Having wicking issues as well

I use 415 and have to wick down resulting in loss of HT

It is thought to be the FDA regulations of removing transfats from soy is having a significant effect on the chandlers using food grade soy for their product - of which all major 3 brands Are food grade ingredients I believe  

Edited by moonshine

I'm not sure that C3 is food grade, I believe GB soy waxes are (or some of them anyway).  I think the 2018 changes only apply to food grade.  C3 was reformulated when it was bought out several years back, hopefully will not be again for many years to come.   Issues we are having are believed to be from the crop itself according to the wax manufacturers but really can't get a straight answer from anyone.

14 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I'm not sure that C3 is food grade, I believe GB soy waxes are (or some of them anyway).  I think the 2018 changes only apply to food grade.  C3 was reformulated when it was bought out several years back, hopefully will not be again for many years to come.   Issues we are having are believed to be from the crop itself according to the wax manufacturers but really can't get a straight answer from anyone.

I bought my last wax 6 weeks ago and for me don't notice a difference with ones I have tested but I am still overwicked so it throws good but too hot but that is a wicking issue

I was thinking I did not notice a difference and was wondering if it was still yet to come

16 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I've used C3 since 2012. This year it did not throw at all for me using the same fragrances, wicks and containers as all previous years, I had to blend, change wicks and hope for the best as I continue search for alternatives. 

I started testing c3 same year! I bought my last batch 6 weeks ago I notice no difference yet when testing so I wonder if it is just certain batches and has not been changed for 2018 regulations

15 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I don't use C3 but in researching all the soys to figure out what could be going on I came across this old post from a cargill product line manager 

it may not be food grade soy by itself but it does contain food grade ingredients so whatever those changes are, and not sure if we really know exactly what those all are, it could be having an impact on the C3 as well or it could just be just a crop issue....🤷‍♀️ But I think it's more than that-

I use 415 which is food grade and the difference seems way more substantial then from issues I have read about on crop changes  

All I do know ....is I don't want to go through this again 😂

IMG_7403.PNG

• Like 1