Aspen Bay jar Vocano candle Capri Blue

Daisymay66

23 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Never mind I found it :) From what I remember that candle scent reminded me a lot of Peaks Fruit Slices .

Funny how noses are so different. I don't think it smells anything at all like Fruit Slices. I think it is fruity, but it also has a citrus scent but also some sort of like a water/spa ish type of aroma to it, that Peaks Fruit Slices doesn't have. I love both scents. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Anyone love others from Aztec? Who can order one scent? Like get really!! Lol

They have a ton of good scents. If you like B&BW scents, they carry a lot of dupes. They have sample size bundles for seasons, best sellers, etc., and good prices. I'd say go with your gut on what you like, and you can't go wrong. 

I use about a dozen scents from Aztec.  The price is good and these perform well for me.  For candles & clams, I use Grandma's Kitchen, Cranberry & Citrus, Caribbean Breeze, Mango Papaya, Tobacco, Blackberry Sage, Grapefruit Mangosteen.  For soap, I use Volcano, Black Sea, Rosemary Mint, OAK, Alpine Frost...there's more but I can't think.  The Almond makes a good mixer.  For room spray, the Pine Bough & Apple is wonderful.  I also have one customer that orders 8oz square mason jar candles in Cozy Cabin by the dozen.  It's not my favorite, but she obviously loves it.  Caribbean Escape is my best seller in ornies...when I get around to making them.  I haven't tried it in wax.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

I use about a dozen scents from Aztec.  The price is good and these perform well for me.  For candles & clams, I use Grandma's Kitchen, Cranberry & Citrus, Caribbean Breeze, Mango Papaya, Tobacco, Blackberry Sage, Grapefruit Mangosteen.  For soap, I use Volcano, Black Sea, Rosemary Mint, OAK, Alpine Frost...there's more but I can't think.  The Almond makes a good mixer.  For room spray, the Pine Bough & Apple is wonderful.  I also have one customer that orders 8oz square mason jar candles in Cozy Cabin by the dozen.  It's not my favorite, but she obviously loves it.  Caribbean Escape is my best seller in ornies...when I get around to making them.  I haven't tried it in wax.

Is there a reason you don't use Volcano for candles?  I am testing the one from Flaming Candle right now and it is nice and strong but has a "fuel" smell to it.  Like I can smell the wicks as they burn or something.  It's not in the wax itself.  It's weird.  If that were gone, it'd be beautiful and it's strong.

1 minute ago, morethanrubies said:

Is there a reason you don't use Volcano for candles?  I am testing the one from Flaming Candle right now and it is nice and strong but has a "fuel" smell to it.  Like I can smell the wicks as they burn or something.  It's not in the wax itself.  It's weird.  If that were gone, it'd be beautiful and it's strong.

No reason really.  It was the 2nd or 3rd fragrance I used when I first started making soap, and it was so good I just kept using it for soap.  As I was reading this thread earlier I thought to myself....I really should try Volcano in wax.  I might do that today.

55 minutes ago, morethanrubies said:

That is weird . Which wax and wick are you using ? Did you once mention you only do 2 wick candles ? Wondering if that has anything to do with it . Maybe getting too hot ???? 

1 hour ago, morethanrubies said:

Volcano has a lot of citrus to it, and citrus scents are notorious for smelling of fuel when burning too hot. You might want to consider wicking down or using a cooler wick. 

I am using 415. And yes I do double Wick. I am using the country Comfort jar with two cd6. I was having trouble with CD4 and CD5 drowning in other sense so I started with the CD 6 in this one. I have to be honest I have not used many other citrus scents because I have found the throw to be too soft and have never really gotten a good throw until this one with Citrus. But that fuel smell is horrible

On 10/30/2017 at 6:11 PM, morethanrubies said:

I am using 415. And yes I do double Wick. I am using the country Comfort jar with two cd6. I was having trouble with CD4 and CD5 drowning in other sense so I started with the CD 6 in this one. I have to be honest I have not used many other citrus scents because I have found the throw to be too soft and have never really gotten a good throw until this one with Citrus. But that fuel smell is horrible

Aztec has a great Volcano ,strong no fuel smell to my nose .I think you would love their version .

3 hours ago, morethanrubies said:

Well now I am thoroughly confused!  I thought that Capri Blue was the "brand" and Volcano the scent.  Either way, I've loved it for a long time.  I just need to get mine to burn right!

You're right. Capri Blue is the company and Volcano is the scent. I got them discombobulated. I'm trying to scroll and post while I'm at work (on the sly). Aspen Bay is apparently the style of the blue glass jar the candle normally comes in. I had never heard that before, but it's on Amazon, so it must be true. :)

Edited by Faerywren