Comparing Fillmore's Christmas Tree to CS Fraser Fir

GoldieMN

Goldie, as Candybee said they are different.  The are COMPLETELY different from each other.  Fillmore's Christmas Tree (Balsam Fir) is a softer scent of pine...very aromatic.  Have you ever smelled those little tiny screen printed pillows filled with Balsam Fir tips?  That is the scent.

CS Frasier is another beauty.  Totally different I would say more sharp, but beautiful.

If you are going to go with a pine scent, out of all the pine scents on the market today, these 2 are the ones of choice.  So eeney meeney if you can't decide.  No one will regret what ever you select.

Trappeur

LOL Here is my dilemna.  I made clamshells this summer from one of these two oils but called it "Cabin. . ."  Thought I wrote down which one I used, but I haven't found that note.  So now I have a nose that can't tell the difference but would like to know which one I used in case someone asks for that scent again.  No wonder I get nothing done! *shudder*  I will just take the two bottles and the clamshell to a few friends to see what they think.  I asked here because I thought you would all say they are exactly alike. HAHAHA!

GoldieMN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

LOL Here is my dilemna.  I made clamshells this summer from one of these two oils but called it "Cabin. . ."  Thought I wrote down which one I used, but I haven't found that note.  So now I have a nose that can't tell the difference but would like to know which one I used in case someone asks for that scent again.  No wonder I get nothing done! *shudder*  I will just take the two bottles and the clamshell to a few friends to see what they think.  I asked here because I thought you would all say they are exactly alike. HAHAHA!

GoldieMN

Goldie, all you have to do is spoon out a hunk of wax of what ever you made and send to me.....I will know immediately what it is..no problem....

Trappeur

7 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

If you want you can mail a clamshell of each to one of 

us & we'll be able to tell which is which . Isn't Trappeur close to you 

lol......look at what I typed the same time you did Moonstar....lol

trappeur

2 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

GoldieMN

hahahaha.....I will know!

Trappeur

(you are so funny)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Yuuuuuuu hooooooo......Goldie........Got your clam shell this evening!.....I knew the scent before I even unwrapped it.....It's Balsam Fir (Christmas Tree) from Fillmore....Scent came right through the packaging....but yep...without a doubt it is Fillmores Christmas Tree....;)  Can't wait to burn it tomorrow as I'm hitting the sack now.

What did you use for wax?   464?    Love it!

Trappeur

• Like 1

I'm in awe of your nose. :lol:  My nose cannot detect differences in some of these pines.  I only renamed that one to sell in the summer from my winter candle "Oh Christmas Tree".  Yes, 464 with a little of the old Ecosoya Pillar Blend.  Thanks so much!

GoldieMN

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Your welcome!

I am never without Balsam Fir in any of the shops as it sells all year long....I sell under "Balsam Fir"

Glad I could lend you my nose.....lol

Trappeur

Trappeur, I placed a order for Flamings Balsam Fir .Have you tried this one before ? I hear such great reviews about Fillmores ,think I will order a pound for the winter season.

I cannot believe I have a pantry full of FO's (which I am currently trying to drastically decrease) and have never tried a straight Balsam.  Now I must buy this from Fillmore and I have absolutely no need for anything else from them right now, so it's not gonna be cheap.  You people put too many ideas into my head.  
:lol:

I tried Filmore Christmas tree after hearing @Trappeur exclaim it’s virtues. It smells great! However, I can’t get it strong enough for what I want. I tried 6% in 464, 10% in NW Elite 200 soy, and 10% in 4630. I don’t get enough scent from any of them. If I have six testers going all at once for three hours I can smell it, but just one small candle gives me nothing. And CT is very faint. I’m a little candle maker, so I know it’s a tough job to expect 4oz to fill an open room, but I’ve had other scents perform better. I see CS Frasier mentioned as sharper and filmore Christmas as softer. Maybe I’m expecting it to be sharp. I’m looking for a throat punch of Christmas tree!  Any besides CS Fraiser I should try, or something I should mix to make it more punchy? I also tried Christmas Hearth and didn’t care for it. I love smelling it straight from the bottle!

2 hours ago, Dorothy Mantooth said:

I tried Filmore Christmas tree after hearing @Trappeur exclaim it’s virtues. It smells great! However, I can’t get it strong enough for what I want. I tried 6% in 464, 10% in NW Elite 200 soy, and 10% in 4630. I don’t get enough scent from any of them. If I have six testers going all at once for three hours I can smell it, but just one small candle gives me nothing. And CT is very faint. I’m a little candle maker, so I know it’s a tough job to expect 4oz to fill an open room, but I’ve had other scents perform better. I see CS Frasier mentioned as sharper and filmore Christmas as softer. Maybe I’m expecting it to be sharp. I’m looking for a throat punch of Christmas tree!  Any besides CS Fraiser I should try, or something I should mix to make it more punchy? I also tried Christmas Hearth and didn’t care for it. I love smelling it straight from the bottle!

Candlescience blue spruce is a smack you in the face pine Christmas tree but it could give a fuel smell while burning depending on the wax 

WSP Fraser fir and Fillmore Christmas tree are great pines but definitely more subtle up against blue spruce 

14 hours ago, Dorothy Mantooth said:

Have you tried CS Mistletoe? Its hands down my favorite christmas tree type scent. Its very strong. Its infused with eucalyptus which gives it a punch.

Old Mill used to carry the absolute strongest fabulous pine fragrance I ever smelled. It blew my nosehairs off so I only used it as a mixer. OM closed and their oils went to Southern Garden Scents/Tony's years ago which also closed. Their oils SGS and OM are all now being carried by Pure Fragrance Oils. The fragrance is called Smoky Mountain Christmas Tree: http://purefragranceoils.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=228  Its OOS right now but when it gets back in you should check it out. If that won't throw in your wax you may as well give up! LOL