Opinions on Pumpkin Souffle

babyrn

I have been using CS Pumpkin Souffle for 8 years and it is a best seller and 'knock your socks off' strong. I used to really like it, but maybe I'm just tired of it or Pumpkin scents in general  :)

I have a sample of RE's Pumpkin Souffle but have never put it in wax.  OOB it does have a little similarity to CS's, but is not nearly as strong.  Candlescience's PS smells richer and much, much stronger to me, comparing them both OOB.  Of course RE's could be strong and rich in wax too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have both and prefer CS as well. I do use RE's as a blender for other pumpkin scents though. It's not bad, just not my favorite.  I wish I was at home to be able to sniff both and describe the differences I detect. I'd say the CS is stronger and more decadent smelling, if that makes sense.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 10/23/2017 at 8:53 PM, GailC said:

I have been using CS Pumpkin Souffle for 8 years and it is a best seller and 'knock your socks off' strong. I used to really like it, but maybe I'm just tired of it or Pumpkin scents in general  :)

I have a sample of RE's Pumpkin Souffle but have never put it in wax.  OOB it does have a little similarity to CS's, but is not nearly as strong.  Candlescience's PS smells richer and much, much stronger to me, comparing them both OOB.  Of course RE's could be strong and rich in wax too.

@GailC @Trappeur Testing Candlescience Pumpkin Souffle with my latest box of 464 wax and getting little throw.  I have had good luck with previous 464 orders even after 2016 wax problems and this oil by wicking down.  Wondering if you have noticed a difference in hot throw lately.

GoldieMN

On 10/23/2017 at 9:53 PM, GailC said:

I ditto what Gail just said.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

5 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

@GailC @Trappeur Testing Candlescience Pumpkin Souffle with my latest box of 464 wax and getting little throw.  I have had good luck with previous 464 orders even after 2016 wax problems and this oil by wicking down.  Wondering if you have noticed a difference in hot throw lately.

GoldieMN

I haven't made any since last fall.  I can't imagine it not being strong. We shall see in a couple of months.

• 3 weeks later...

Help please!  I just made a tester candle with CS pumpkin soufflé.  It smelled great out of the bottle. I used GB464 wax, heated wax to 185, added FO at about 180 degrees, poured at about 150.  I used 11% FO because I wanted it to be strong.  It has been curing for about 12 hours and there is very little cold throw.  I am worried that the hot throw will be weak too. Please help!  I am a perfectionist. Fall is coming and a good strong pumpkin is a MUST.  Can't do fall without it and I can't do it wrong. 

How do you guys get a good hot throw for this scent.   I've heard that some scents - like vanillas- have to be added right at 185 degrees, while others with lower flashpoints should be added at cooler temps.  Is this one of those situations??

...also...I made a cranberry marmalade - using the same process- and I am OBSESSED! 

Update:  I let the candle cure for a bit longer before lighting it.  The hot throw is AMAZING.  I made a small sample size - about 6 oz and  it fills my entire open floor plan home. 

Question: how much do you guys usually order?  I am afraid the popular fall/holiday scents will be sold out so I want to stock up.

21 minutes ago, LightMyCandleCo said:

Help please!  I just made a tester candle with CS pumpkin soufflé.  It smelled great out of the bottle. I used GB464 wax, heated wax to 185, added FO at about 180 degrees, poured at about 150.  I used 11% FO because I wanted it to be strong.  It has been curing for about 12 hours and there is very little cold throw.  I am worried that the hot throw will be weak too. Please help!  I am a perfectionist. Fall is coming and a good strong pumpkin is a MUST.  Can't do fall without it and I can't do it wrong. 

How do you guys get a good hot throw for this scent.   I've heard that some scents - like vanillas- have to be added right at 185 degrees, while others with lower flashpoints should be added at cooler temps.  Is this one of those situations??

...also...I made a cranberry marmalade - using the same process- and I am OBSESSED! 

Your using way too much oil.....Do 6% to start with.   I have never gone over 1.2 oz of oil per pound wax.  I add oil bout 180 to 185 and that is ALL oils.

How long do you cure 464?  You just poured just 12 hours ago?  You can't even begin to judge on that time period.  464 needs 2 week cure time.

Flash points have nothing to do with adding your oils to the wax.   

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Your using way too much oil.....Do 6% to start with.   I have never gone over 1.2 oz of oil per pound wax.  I add oil bout 180 to 185 and that is ALL oils.

How long do you cure 464?  You just poured just 12 hours ago?  You can't even begin to judge on that time period.  464 needs 2 week cure time.

Flash points have nothing to do with adding your oils to the wax.   

Trappeur

I have heard of many people using 10% which is the listed max on CS descriptions and all the way up to 12%. I guess it's a personal preference.  But yes, I need to be more patient with my cure times.  Luckily everything worked out and I got the throws I was looking for :-)

It may list it as it can hold that amount of oil but does not mean that it is going to perform well.  I don't know hardly anyone using that wax that uses that much oil.  It's a waste of money and oil in my opinion when you can get a beautiful throw using much less oil and the chance that your wick isn't going to get clogged also.

How long do you let your candles cure?

Trappeur

• Like 2

On 7/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, Darbla said:

Somebody on here used to talk up a blend of CS Pumpkin Souffle with something else that took the burnt edge off Pumpkin Souffle.  If I can remember it I'll add it here. 

I think it was Candybee. Cinnamon and maybe another kind of pumpkin. Can't remember now exactly.