Cannabinol oil

Pam W

Has anyone made a lotion containing canabinol oil....extract from hemp plant.  There are tons of positive feedback on the internet about this oil helping with muscle/arthritic pain.  I've been using it orally and it has helped with the arthritic pain in my hands but I want to perfect a cream that does the same thing.  I can't find any info on the ingredients (%) so shooting from the hip, I went for 9% in my formula.  It does help with moderate/medium pain but would like some feedback from anyone that has experimented with this oil.

I've ordered samples from various websites trying to determine if there is a quality issue.  There are various sites that offer free samples but with just the cost of shipping (1 oz of product for $4.95 shipping cost).  I have samples from 3 different companies and will be experimenting with them to see if there is a quality issue.

But I do want to add:  I've had constant pain in my hands for a long time(maybe onset of arthritis == from 40yrs of high speed data entry on keyboard and calculator)  When I got my 1st sample, I started using it orally (10 drops under the tongue twice daily) and I have not have ANY pain in my hands since starting it.  I've had pains in various other areas and rubbed a drop or 2 of the oil into the area with almost instant relief.

I also whipped up a batch of lotion:  16 oz batch with coconut oil, emu oil and cannabinol oil.  I use that as needed - also gave some samples to friends with muscle/joint pain and it did stop their various pains.  A couple of my testers are hesitate to use it because they are routinely drug tested and concerned that it might make them test "dirty" which is a legitimate concern.

I keep getting emails from various companies offering me free samples for shipping cost only and I take advantage of every one of them.  I order the free samples in my name, my son's and husbands name.........sneaky b&tch that I am....  :-)

One side effect that I have noticed:  about 1/2 hrs after using the oil under the tongue, I get the munchies.  One website stated that the CBD oil could cause an increase in appetite ---------- yeah, say it like it is..............the munchies....lol.

I'd say that if you research the various websites and take advantage of the ''free samples'' you aren't out much in the way of $ -- $4.95 for a 1 oz sample will make a 16 oz batch of lotion.  

Edited by Pam W
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2017 at 4:07 PM, Faerywren said:

This doesn't answer your questions, Pam, but I'm curious what brand of CBD are you using? I've researched them quite a bit and found there is varying quality among them.

I have a very good friend who orders it for her son. She gets it mail order through a company called Haleighs Hope in Colorado. She bought in hopes to help with 

his seizures but it doesn't seem to be helping him, from what she's reporting anyhow. My son also has seizures but I stick with seizure medicine. I can see it 

helping with arthritis pain or hyper activity etc in Autism which both of our sons have, but seizures, Im very spectical IMHO .  I have horrible arthritic pain and 

Ive been wanting to try the cream but just for personal use. 

On 10/27/2017 at 5:26 AM, Moonstar said:

I have a very good friend who orders it for her son. She gets it mail order through a company called Haleighs Hope in Colorado. She bought in hopes to help with 

his seizures but it doesn't seem to be helping him, from what she's reporting anyhow. My son also has seizures but I stick with seizure medicine. I can see it 

helping with arthritis pain or hyper activity etc in Autism which both of our sons have, but seizures, Im very spectical IMHO .  I have horrible arthritic pain and 

Ive been wanting to try the cream but just for personal use. 

Moonstar:  I wouldn't even go near addressing the issue of seizures because that is a medical issue so far over and above my knowledge but I can say that the cream that I formulated does help with my minor aches and pains.  There is no way that I suggest that this oil can be the end-all:  my husband has had 4 open heart surgeries, 2 strokes and numerous other medical issues and I will not even begin to think that this oil can replace any of his meds but I have read via the internet that it helps with dementia(hubby is on a preventive type med for dementia) so I did some research and found that this CBD oil did not cause any interaction with his current med...so that's an ongoing experiment with him.

But as far as minor aches & pains go,  I'm happy with the cream for my personal use.  Over the years, I have used many over the counter creams for muscle pain and got nothing from them.  Now, this cream does stop various muscle pains but is not long lasting...maybe 4-5 hours but what the heck, that's about the same time as getting relief from Aleve, etc, etc.  If I can ease my various pains without having to take any kind of drugs, I'm happy.

All that said, I do welcome any and all opinions on this subject.

2 hours ago, Pam W said:

Moonstar:  I wouldn't even go near addressing the issue of seizures because that is a medical issue so far over and above my knowledge but I can say that the cream that I formulated does help with my minor aches and pains.  There is no way that I suggest that this oil can be the end-all:  my husband has had 4 open heart surgeries, 2 strokes and numerous other medical issues and I will not even begin to think that this oil can replace any of his meds but I have read via the internet that it helps with dementia(hubby is on a preventive type med for dementia) so I did some research and found that this CBD oil did not cause any interaction with his current med...so that's an ongoing experiment with him.

But as far as minor aches & pains go,  I'm happy with the cream for my personal use.  Over the years, I have used many over the counter creams for muscle pain and got nothing from them.  Now, this cream does stop various muscle pains but is not long lasting...maybe 4-5 hours but what the heck, that's about the same time as getting relief from Aleve, etc, etc.  If I can ease my various pains without having to take any kind of drugs, I'm happy.

All that said, I do welcome any and all opinions on this subject.

Sent you a pm :) 

On 10/24/2017 at 4:16 PM, Pam W said:

I've ordered samples from various websites trying to determine if there is a quality issue.  There are various sites that offer free samples but with just the cost of shipping (1 oz of product for $4.95 shipping cost).  I have samples from 3 different companies and will be experimenting with them to see if there is a quality issue.

But I do want to add:  I've had constant pain in my hands for a long time(maybe onset of arthritis == from 40yrs of high speed data entry on keyboard and calculator)  When I got my 1st sample, I started using it orally (10 drops under the tongue twice daily) and I have not have ANY pain in my hands since starting it.  I've had pains in various other areas and rubbed a drop or 2 of the oil into the area with almost instant relief.

I also whipped up a batch of lotion:  16 oz batch with coconut oil, emu oil and cannabinol oil.  I use that as needed - also gave some samples to friends with muscle/joint pain and it did stop their various pains.  A couple of my testers are hesitate to use it because they are routinely drug tested and concerned that it might make them test "dirty" which is a legitimate concern.

I keep getting emails from various companies offering me free samples for shipping cost only and I take advantage of every one of them.  I order the free samples in my name, my son's and husbands name.........sneaky b&tch that I am....  :-)

One side effect that I have noticed:  about 1/2 hrs after using the oil under the tongue, I get the munchies.  One website stated that the CBD oil could cause an increase in appetite ---------- yeah, say it like it is..............the munchies....lol.

I'd say that if you research the various websites and take advantage of the ''free samples'' you aren't out much in the way of $ -- $4.95 for a 1 oz sample will make a 16 oz batch of lotion.  

Pam, the company I've been considering in called Highland Pharms. I've not seen any "free samples" offered on the sites I've been to this far, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open for them. I have RA that is controlled with injections, but I don't like to take them as directed due to side effects. I also have another kind of rheumatism that I take anti inflammatories and steroids for, but again, don't want the stomach issues etc that come with those.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 2:16 PM, Pam W said:

I have to reject my previous post ---  it turns out that the various companies that I ordered free samples from had hidden terms in the fine print that you needed to contact them within 14 days or they would consider you were happy with their product, sign you up for auto monthly shipments and hit your credit card for aprox $90.  I did read the terms of agreement but totally missed this but my bank caught it and I had to cancel two credit cards to insure that they didn't charge me any further subscription fees.  I called the suppliers but unfortunately had to talk to some customer service rep in India who I could not communicate with due to the language barrier.

So be very careful when ordering any of this product via the internet.  I'm currently looking for a reputable supplier and hopefully can find one in the US because I am pleased with the results of the lotion made with the CBD oil.......just wish it wasn't such a hassle.

Faerywren:  I've contacted the company you mentioned in a previous post -- just waiting for a response.

Bottom Line:  take time to read the '''''''fine print''''''' on all online orders.....duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use EMU420 on my hands for arthritis but now I want to try the spray CBD's.  my arthritis is horrible esp in my hands.  I'd say if you're going to make some, use emu or some other product that has the ability to penetrate the skin.  I've tried 3 or 4 other oils and balms on my hands and the ones without emu simply don't do much.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 1:47 PM, kandlekrazy said:

I use EMU420 on my hands for arthritis but now I want to try the spray CBD's.  my arthritis is horrible esp in my hands.  I'd say if you're going to make some, use emu or some other product that has the ability to penetrate the skin.  I've tried 3 or 4 other oils and balms on my hands and the ones without emu simply don't do much.

KK;  the recipe included coconut oil, emu oil and the CBD.  Recipe: the 3 oils, ewax,  BTSM-50, IPM.   I'm a firm believer in emu oil & have been using it for years because of it's penetrating properties.

• Like 2

The oil rub I use does have THC in it so could cause some adverse symptoms such as munchies, lol, only adverse if you're fat like me.   I don't really notice anything with the rub but the oral drops I recently ordered are straight CBD in some carrier, I haven't received them yet so can't report on how good they work.  I forgot my husband has a CBD spray that your spray under your tongue so I may try that while I'm waiting for my order to come.  Wonder if it helps you sleep? 

20 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

The oil rub I use does have THC in it so could cause some adverse symptoms such as munchies, lol, only adverse if you're fat like me.   I don't really notice anything with the rub but the oral drops I recently ordered are straight CBD in some carrier, I haven't received them yet so can't report on how good they work.  I forgot my husband has a CBD spray that your spray under your tongue so I may try that while I'm waiting for my order to come.  Wonder if it helps you sleep? 

I did order some samples of the CBD oil with melatonin & I do sleep good but I do seem to get hungry shortly after using it...caught myself doing  mid-nite fridge raids :-)

BTW:  if the rub doesn't help, try rubbing a drop or two of the pure oil on the painful area - maybe mix with a bit of emu oil. 

Edited by Pam W
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The CBD oil you can buy legally in all 50 states is not the same product you will get at a medical cannabis dispensary or legal recreational shop. If you are looking to make your own product (and live where it's legal) I'd suggest looking into a magic butter machine which uses flower (weed). 

Edited by Barefootgirl
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2018 at 8:25 PM, Barefootgirl said:

The CBD oil you can buy legally in all 50 states is not the same product you will get at a medical cannabis dispensary or legal recreational shop. If you are looking to make your own product (and live where it's legal) I'd suggest looking into a magic butter machine which uses flower (weed). 

I'm assuming that by ''flower'' you mean the buds, am I right?  The CBD oil that I have made does help my own misc pains but the one concern that I have not been able to get an answer on is whether using the lotion made with CBD oil will cause a person to test '''''''dirty'''''''''' on a random drug test and that is a biggie for several of my friends.  I'm satisfied with the lotion formula that I've been using but I don't want to share it with friends that could lose their jobs due to testing ''dirty''.......if that makes sense?

55 minutes ago, Pam W said:

I'm assuming that by ''flower'' you mean the buds, am I right?  The CBD oil that I have made does help my own misc pains but the one concern that I have not been able to get an answer on is whether using the lotion made with CBD oil will cause a person to test '''''''dirty'''''''''' on a random drug test and that is a biggie for several of my friends.  I'm satisfied with the lotion formula that I've been using but I don't want to share it with friends that could lose their jobs due to testing ''dirty''.......if that makes sense?

Yes the flower is the buds. It really depends on how the cbd is sourced. If your making it then yes most likely anyone using any product will test positive for canbabis use. I say this since more likely than not your using the same buds to make the oil that you’d smoke etc. 

As of current legislation, to legally obtain CBD in the 50 US states and beyond, CBD has to be extracted from the [male] hemp plant. If you want CBD extracted from [female] marijuana, you will need to be in a legal state. It still has legal aspects that vary as far as making for friends etc. Each state differs so I can’t speak on the laws of others regarding canbabis use and such. I can’t legally offer any of my canbabis in any form to another even if they are also a licensed cannabis medical patient. I can make my own products from buds etc for my own consumption but I can’t grow my own plants. I’m from Illinois and have my medical canbabis card. 

The CBD molecule is still the same regardless of where it was taken from. A lot of people find a 50/50 or higher ratio of thc and cbd benefits the best. But everyone is different too.  A higher level of cbd can counteract high thc levels and cut down the psychoactive effects of thc. Cbd itself is nonpsychoactive. However it still can have trace amounts of thc in it. The highest amount of THC that hemp can have is less than one-half of one percent (0.3%). 

The method of use be it edible, tincture, smoke etc all can effect you different too even though it’s the same strain. 

If your purchasing a cbd online or at a local store that’s not a cannabis shop...more less just your average mail order legal across all states oil then no there is nothing to worry about regarding testing dirty. However, cbd does have interactions with other prescription drugs so I wouldn’t try to treat your friends. Only since then your crossing the line of medical treatment you’re not qualified to offer and possible legal narcotic trouble if your using the regulated version. 

Another key factor is it’s important to decarb the buds before you use to make oil to for best results. It’s more less baking that heat activates it. Not everyone is aware of that so threw that in out the blue lol. 

But in a nutshell if your making the oil it’s going to contain thc in levels it’s testable. It’s possible to make it without but then you would prob be growing it and a breeder knowing the ins and outs. 

I hope that made sense and was helpful. Pretty much the cbd that’s legal is made from hemp plants. The cbd you can get from a dispensary or recreational shop is from marijuana plants. Both hemp and marijuana plants could have the same mother plants. It’s just the aftermath of what contains what more less...similar to green peppers being male or female and I forget which is which but ones sweeter...the little bumps on the bottom determine their sexes..one has 3 the other has 4. 

Okay hopefully that that didn’t lead to more confusion. 

On 1/26/2018 at 8:25 PM, Barefootgirl said:

1 hour ago, Barefootgirl said:

I hope that made sense and was helpful. Pretty much the cbd that’s legal is made from hemp plants. The cbd you can get from a dispensary or recreational shop is from marijuana plants. Both hemp and marijuana plants could have the same mother plants. It’s just the aftermath of what contains what more less...similar to green peppers being male or female and I forget which is which but ones sweeter...the little bumps on the bottom determine their sexes..one has 3 the other has 4. 

Okay hopefully that that didn’t lead to more confusion. 

Ya know the current laws in various states is so stupid that I have trouble in responding ......I'd much rather see friends using the lotion made with CBD oil than taking pain pills(considering the drug dependency on opiates).  Personally, I can't take opiate pain pills because they make me violently sick but I can take a dose of CBD oil under the tongue and apply the CBD infused lotion to various areas of pain and get almost immediate relief...........and in doing so, I'm not 'buzzed' or looking forward to drug dependency from opiates but in doing so, I'm preventing the Drug Companies from making their fair share of profits.

But in the long run, I'll use the CBD infused oils/lotions to relieve my pain ... and the Gov be damed.

• Like 3