5-day weekend - what to do?

Jcandleattic

Well, last weekend I made some cotton candy cupcakes and piped the top with a 3-tip coupler mechanism. Worked great. The colors not so much, but man I love this scent. The batter before saponification was so yellow it skewed all of my colors and the purple was a beautiful baby poo greenish brown. LMAO The pink was a lovely orange and the blue, a brilliant green. HAHA After saponification it fixed the purple completely, but the pink is really now a peach, and the blue is more of like a turquoise-ish. I knew this scent did this, but I dont' remember it doing it to this extent. They are just for us, as I just wanted to try the coupler which I actually like a lot. 

Anyway, that was long-winded to tell you that this weekend (which is a 5-day weekend for me - YAY) I'll be trying my hand at using the coupler again, but with a different FO that I know won't get so yellow.

I'll also be masterbatching a couple hundred lbs of my soap mixture, and then making some loaves of soap. 

I'm also going to be making quite a few 16oz candles, and a bunch of palm containers and possibly, not sure yet, possibly some palm pillars or even just regular pillars. It's been a long time since I've made any pillars, I think I'm due. 

What is everyone else up to? 

Here a couple pics for reference into what my cupcakes looked like. LOL 

Before saponification - 

IMG_0698.thumb.JPG.3ba92b711fceef8d297b9e02321f8d28.JPG

After Saponification - 

IMG_0697.thumb.JPG.b13f28ffb0fae4e88641fe644491e546.JPG

IMG_0696.thumb.JPG.789271e2e44a70019c8718cd73b8bce2.JPG

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Wowza!  So pretty.  I'm trying to get inspired for the Holidays but wax issues with every dang case has got me down!  Seems to be a new issue every time.  May have to get some soaping supplies again and do that for a while!

Thank you. Makes me happy I never tried to work with soy. I feel so bad for everyone going through the soy problems right now. 

15 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

SO PRETTY!

GoldieMN

Thank you.  

I usually always glitter them but completely forgot, but found I like them not glittered. LOL 

On 10/19/2017 at 3:15 PM, Jcandleattic said:

I'll be trying my hand at using the coupler again, but with a different FO that I know won't get so yellow.

I'll also be masterbatching a couple hundred lbs of my soap mixture, and then making some loaves of soap. 

I'm also going to be making quite a few 16oz candles, and a bunch of palm containers and possibly, not sure yet, possibly some palm pillars or even just regular pillars. It's been a long time since I've made any pillars, I think I'm due. 

What is everyone else up to?

LOL I literally did NONE of this. - Friday was my monthly date with my migraine apparently, so pretty much stayed in bed. Saturday I cleaned my whole house then got ready and had my brother's annual memorial party. Sunday, my hub and I borrowed a huge trailer and started cleaning out our garage just shoving stuff in the trailer, not really going through it, and this weekend will start slowly taking the stuff out of the trailer, going through it, getting rid of the junk and stuff we just DO NOT NEED or want anymore. 

Monday I met up with my best friend that I've been best friends with for over 45 years. We lost touch for a couple years, about 10 years ago, but reconnected 5-6 years ago. Anyway, her health is getting precarious as she is going on her third recurrance of cancer and I'm not sure she'll go in remission again this time. :'( However, we met up on Monday and ended up having a 4 hour lunch, so not much else got done that day. 

Yesterday it was just a cleaning relaxing day again. 

Now today I regret not getting any crafting done. Makes me sad... 

Those cupcakes are cute.  Better colors after sap.  

I'm due for making some pillars as well.  I have some nice palm pillar wax and I plan to make some fall scents and some Christmas.  I typically make us some every fall in one big session, and we coast on that pillars supply all winter long.

If I don't get my sewing room cleaned up asap, I'm going to burn it down in frustration.  Actually making small steps of progress, but it's slow.  I'm weeding out junk I don't use and want anymore too.  It's nice to de-clutter.  Frees up space and my mind.  When things are tidy, it stimulates my creative juices.

I'm going to try and get some of the stuff I wanted to do last weekend, done this weekend. We'll see what all gets done. Not sure how much of anything will. 

I really need to masterbatch some oils, conduct an inventory and get new, I'm running low on most oils. *sigh* it's always something!! LOL 

I gotta ask, who's Cotton Candy did you use lol . If I remember you correctly you use Peaks ? I have WSP CC and its really nice. So if I use CC in bath bombs or M+P 

what do I need to add to prevent them from turning brown/tan ? My granddaughters school is doing a Christmas fundraiser and they want me to make some.

Boy weathers changing so fast here in MI, this Sunday theres another pumpkin festival but according to the weather channel we might see out first snow flurries

this Sunday but they say it shouldn't stick. My grandkids are at the age where they love all that stuff. Well, that and unicorns + glitter lol ! 

BTW WSP CC has 9 or 10% vanilla.

Edited by Moonstar

12 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I gotta ask, who's Cotton Candy did you use lol . If I remember you correctly you use Peaks ? I have WSP CC and its really nice. So if I use CC in bath bombs or M+P 

what do I need to add to prevent them from turning brown/tan ? My granddaughters school is doing a Christmas fundraiser and they want me to make some.

Boy weathers changing so fast here in MI, this Sunday theres another pumpkin festival but according to the weather channel we might see out first snow flurries

this Sunday but they say it shouldn't stick. My grandkids are at the age where they love all that stuff. Well, that and unicorns + glitter lol ! 

BTW WSP CC has 9 or 10% vanilla.

No, not Peaks. I do use a lot of Peak oils, but this is Candle Science's Cotton Candy. and this one has a high % of vanilla in it too, but I did use my old reliable vanilla stabilizer, I just didn't gel the cupcakes, which is why the colors didn't come completely back. 

I've never tried Peaks (didn't even know they had one)

For M&P you can use a vanilla stabilizer. Not sure what to do with bath bombs. I never bother, because I really try not to use foody (other than fruity) scents in my bath bombs, and generally fruit scents don't have vanilla in them. Or at least the ones I use for my BB's don't. 

I found one of my old Pink Sugar bars that I used this stabilizer in, (I made them in 2008 or 2009) and the edges have turned brown, but the main body of the bar is still pink, which is why I use and LOVE THIS VS - I can't get those type of results with any other VS I've ever tried. 

The one I use is from Bitter Creek. I need to take a pic, find my original pics and then post the results/differences. 

Weather. hmpf - Wednesday we had record high temps 80°F, and then yesterday it got down to the low 30's and snowed 2" (yep, 40+ degree temp drop in around 10-12 hours). Ahhh, Colorado. LOL 

• Thanks 1