Wasted candles?

I share them with a select few friends/co-workers and get their opinions.  We joke that they are on the payroll, they get to burn candles (instead of getting paid) and I get honest opinions and feedback.  I am really particular about who does this for me and I have given them printouts of what they need to observe other than the scent.  Its great!  It frees me up to burn a few candles a week that I've been doing awhile just to make sure everything is still good with them.

• Like 1

I do all of the above, depending on why the candle is unburnable. You could also melt it down and do dipped pine cones, dipped bears, I have even heard of people doing dipped TP, although that one's a head-scratcher for me.

If the CT is real strong, maybe wax ornaments for the Christmas tree?

I might try that with tart wax and a strong pine FO since our tree is fake. :) 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2017 at 1:33 PM, Jbruza said:

Does anyone have good ideas of what to do with their test candles? I hate to waste all that FO and wax but I can't burn them all and I dont want them just sitting there LOL 

I take the leftovers from testing;  remelt & pour into a large hurricane type container.  Over time the layers build up and then I take a wire and push down into the wax to make room for a wick - (insert a wick(s) appropriate for your container)hit it with a heat gun to level the tops.    These I burn for personal use.........really hate wasting all that wax and FO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pam W said:

I take the leftovers from testing;  remelt & pour into a large hurricane type container.  Over time the layers build up and then I take a wire and push down into the wax to make room for a wick - (insert a wick(s) appropriate for your container)hit it with a heat gun to level the tops.    These I burn for personal use.........really hate wasting all that wax and FO.

That is a great idea!

Depends on what I'm testing. If testing wicks in unscented wax, I'll remelt and rewick but only once to avoid changes in the wax from repeated melting. If testing waxes with FO added, I toss them out as FO may be diminished after remelting and affect the throw of the tester. I put finished testers in the freezer to loosen the wax so that it pops out the jar (tip: don't use wick stickems... they don't unstick when frozen). Other than that, they get shoved to the back of the supplies cabinet as a reminder of what not to do next time.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2017 at 1:33 PM, Jbruza said:

Does anyone have good ideas of what to do with their test candles? I hate to waste all that FO and wax but I can't burn them all and I dont want them just sitting there LOL 

Also:  when burning pillars, I take the leftovers, chop them up and make chunk candles with them.  I always try to use an over pour scent that is compatible with the scents in the leftovers (vanilla type over pour always works as does patchouli.  It really depends on what the leftovers are scented with...kwim)

Waste not, want not..............plus you just might come up with a unique scent that rocks the world :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 9:09 PM, Sarah S said:

I do all of the above, depending on why the candle is unburnable. You could also melt it down and do dipped pine cones, dipped bears, I have even heard of people doing dipped TP, although that one's a head-scratcher for me.

If the CT is real strong, maybe wax ornaments for the Christmas tree?

I might try that with tart wax and a strong pine FO since our tree is fake. :) 

I love the christmas tree ornament idea!