Flaming Candle

Is anyone else currently using this supplier?  I began with a Candlescience starter kit but have been using Flaming Candle out of Atlanta to restock with.  Service has been great and they seem knowledgeable so I'm curious if anyone else can provide me with feedback on their FO's, wicks, etc..  I have had to go back to Candlescience for their Grapefruit/Mangosteen FO because people are shouting for it but that's all.  Also, I have stayed with the Eco wicks and was wondering if there's any feedback on comparing these to say, the CD or HTP versions when it comes to the 3" tins and 444 wax.  I'm still testing but I wanted to see if anyone has broad sense of success with any of these over others.

I use many of their fo's and most of them are really great in C3.  Yes their customer service is awesome.  I also use many of Candlescience and have had really great results with those as well as long as I stick to the ones that are 2-3 leaves for soy wax.   Can't help with the wicks as I don't use your wax.

• Like 1

I'm using a Christmas FO from FC called North Pole which is getting some attention so I'm thinking of giving it a different name of either White Chocolate Mint or Peppermint Bark.  At least with White Choc. Mint it could be used for more than just one season. And the Apple Cider Donut?  This stuff is not to be believed!  lol

1 hour ago, rhoops said:

I'm using a Christmas FO from FC called North Pole which is getting some attention so I'm thinking of giving it a different name of either White Chocolate Mint or Peppermint Bark.  At least with White Choc. Mint it could be used for more than just one season. And the Apple Cider Donut?  This stuff is not to be believed!  lol

I can't get much throw out of North Pole and I've tried it with 3 different waxes/blends.  How much do you use PP?

1 hour ago, rhoops said:

Just standard 1oz to 1lb.  Most of the buzz has been around the cold throw.  I'm waiting for the two week cure before I test burn.  Did you cure?

Yep, they are good and cured.  I've used 6006, a custom blend of 50/50 soy/paraffin, and even my trusty ole 4630, and I still can't get much out of it.  The 4630 was the best of the three.  Guess I'll try melts next and if they also don't throw, I'll throw in the towel on this scent.

7 minutes ago, bfroberts said:

Yep, they are good and cured.  I've used 6006, a custom blend of 50/50 soy/paraffin, and even my trusty ole 4630, and I still can't get much out of it.  The 4630 was the best of the three.  Guess I'll try melts next and if they also don't throw, I'll throw in the towel on this scent.

Is it minty? I find those need to be wicked up to perform. Just guessing on this particular one since I have never smelled it. 

Wow, that's a lot of work and I hope the melts work if nothing else.  It is a creamy, minty fragrance and I have a one up wick size I'll try in the event what I've used doesn't cut it.  Thanks TT.  Btw, is it common that a melt will work where a flame won't?  Seems I'm reading more about this all the time and it could be a good use for oils that fail in my containers, although I haven't gotten into melts market yet.

I love Flaming Candle!  Some of their FOs are my best sellers.  I try to use them as much as possible, shipping is lightening fast, if I order first thing in the morning it ships the same day and I have it the next day.  I have found them to be the cheapest for my regular line jars, just wish they would get more of a selection of jars.  Their customer service is absolutely amazing!!  I too started with Candlescience and I still use them for some FOs.  They also ship same day but are much further so it takes 2 days instead of the 1 I get from FC.

Again, I love, love, love them!  Can't say enough good things about them.

Thanks nj!  I have found their prices to be very competitive as well.  They're about an hour and a half from home so there are occasions I can leave the day job early and get down there to pick up, which I love.

Hi Rhoops,

Flaming is my main supplier for some years now.  Can't say enough good of them.   Impeccable service...if you have a question, they pickup and if the person who picks up the phone (Lisa generally)  can't answer your question she always gets right back to me with the answer or she will have Brandy call back.  Even emails sent to them, they respond very quickly.  I chose them initially as I get my wax from them ...464...shipping runs me 25.00.   I'm about 2 hours from them. I order 1 day and the next day I get my orders.   What I like is I can order oils, wicks, wick stickums, etc and they will put in the same box as the wax is (double boxed) and ship all for the same price...great savings there.  Just like every company out there, they have their hits and misses on oils.  Just last week 3 status jars came in broken (rarely does this happen ever).  I emailed them with a picture and Lisa sent out replacement jars immediately.  Very easy company to work with...If you do a search for Flaming oils here you will find tons of favorites and not favorites oils people use. If you can't find some of the posts, I'll be glad to list again what works for me.  I also get all my jars; status, 8oz tins, lids etc from them.  Good choice going with this company.

Also Candle Science is top notch in my book for many years..Beautiful quality oils..Shipping is more expensive, but it is competitive like all others.  You can't go wrong with this company.I get all my wicks from Flaming also.  I don't use Eco's but I don't see any reason not to get them from either company.

Trappeur:)

• Like 1

Thanks Trap!  That's a lot of awesome info!  You live in some beautiful country over there.  I had an aunt and uncle who lived in Blue Ridge for many years and I always enjoyed the drive and seeing the landscape.

2 hours ago, rhoops said:

Thanks Trap!  That's a lot of awesome info!  You live in some beautiful country over there.  I had an aunt and uncle who lived in Blue Ridge for many years and I always enjoyed the drive and seeing the landscape.

I can second what Trap says. I have for a few years gotten all of my 444 from them plus I use about 13 of their FO and counting. I also use the same number of FO from Candle Science as well, they are both great IMHO.

If you want another good supplier of FO try http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Fragrance-Oils/Fragrance-Oils-Listing for some great FO's. These are my favorite smelling out of the three suppliers I mentioned actually.

On 10/19/2017 at 10:48 AM, rhoops said:

Yes, Apple Cider Donut is really really nice.  I just got the oil about 2 weeks ago tested it, made up 2 dozen candles for an account and poof!   All but 2 candles flew out the door in 1 day.   One lady bought 6 of them for Xmas gifts...Another store I brought them a dozen and by the time I got home later in the day, I had a message on my phone to make up 2 dozen asap.....the day hadn't even finished and "every one" went out the door....even with this wax crisis going on and having to wick down 1 size smaller they sold....Maybe I'm doing something right....boy I hope so....So yes, a good selling oil I recommend.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Yes, Apple Cider Donut is really really nice.  I just got the oil about 2 weeks ago tested it, made up 2 dozen candles for an account and poof!   All but 2 candles flew out the door in 1 day.   One lady bought 6 of them for Xmas gifts...Another store I brought them a dozen and by the time I got home later in the day, I had a message on my phone to make up 2 dozen asap.....the day hadn't even finished and "every one" went out the door....even with this wax crisis going on and having to wick down 1 size smaller they sold....Maybe I'm doing something right....boy I hope so....So yes, a good selling oil I recommend.

Trappeur

Who's Apple Cider Donut are you guys talking about ? For some reason Ive had had really good HT from apple pie or cider ... wonder what Im doing wrong ?

8 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I love Christmas Hearth.  Matter of fact I have burning right now.  And made 40 candles in it a couple days ago.

Trappeur

So the Christmas Hearth you are using is from Flaming not Candlescience?  Have you ever compared the two?  Maybe that is why I'm not getting the hot throw you are with this fo.  I bought mine from Candlescience.

GoldieMN

4 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

So the Christmas Hearth you are using is from Flaming not Candlescience?  Have you ever compared the two?  Maybe that is why I'm not getting the hot throw you are with this fo.  I bought mine from Candlescience.

GoldieMN

I'm talking about CS.....

But if you ever need a backup to the one of CS, the Christmas Hearth from Flaming is so so close you could hardly tell the difference.  It's really great but CS is first.

Trappeur

12 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Who's Apple Cider Donut are you guys talking about ? For some reason Ive had had really good HT from apple pie or cider ... wonder what Im doing wrong ?

I have always had to wick up on apple ciders to get any decent burn or throw. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1