Peak Fragrances Reopening?

GoldieMN

So what does anyone know what this all about?  It is in Colorado which is where the previous owner said he was relocating.   https://peakfragrances.com/

I know I'm jumping the gun saying this, but I would be upset if I was the company that bought them out with the intend to have the previous Peak fragrances and not competing with the former owner.

GoldieMN

Edited by GoldieMN
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

At one time on the fb page one of the spouses said something about reopening in Colorado as they were all set to do so. Then the idea died. 

if one spouse is reopening and keystone is footing the bill for disposing the old stock wow. Just wow. 

• Confused 1

I have never bought anything from before, and I certainly don't plan to now. This sounds like the most unprofessional company. I'm sure their oils were great, but a lot of great vendors have great oils. And with Keystone offering the former Peak oils, it seems pointless to throw in with this company now.

Just IMO!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

So what does anyone know what this all about?  It is in Colorado which is where the previous owner said he was relocating.   https://peakfragrances.com/

I know I'm jumping the gun saying this, but I would be upset if I was the company that bought them out with the intend to have the previous Peak fragrances and not competing with the former owner.

GoldieMN

That address is the address they were in 15 years ago, when they first came to Colorado. Or at least, very close to where they were located. They were here in Colorado for several years (I think almost 8 years) before they opened a second location in PA. So, what, now they are back? And I was under the impression (as was everyone involved) that he sold the manufacture codes to the original fragrances to Keystone, so who will have the real deal (if this is in fact the same as Peak Candle Supply - who btw on Facebook said he just wouldn't be able to pull it together to make it happen) I thought only 1 person could be the "owner" of the fragrance codes, but I really am not 100% sure on how all that works. If that's the case, these can't be the originals. 

I don't see anything listed on the site posted, so? IDK. 

I'm over Peak, Keystone, and this. 

As someone else said, there are too many great oils elsewhere to have to deal with this headache inducing bulls*&%&*t -  malarkey. 

• Like 5

@Moonstar I'm not really sure what is going on - it all depends on what type of business agreement was made between the companies.    

It is my understanding that Keystone purchased the manufacture codes and the remaining fragrance oil inventory from the closed Peak Candle Supplies.  Therefore, Keystone is selling original fragrances and not dupes.  IMHO it looks like Keystone is on the up & up…

Not sure what the new company "Peak Fragrance Company" is selling but based on the Colorado business site the new company is owned by former Peak Candle owner's spouse...I didn't use the original Peaks as a supplier and I certainly don't plan on supporting their new venture after the way they treated their  loyal customers when they abruptly closed!

Edited by gls
  • Like 1

OH MY GOODNESS!  This is already rubbing me the wrong way!  I have spoke to Keystone several times and yes they purchased what I thought was exclusive rights to all coding for Peaks FO.... The really messed up part of this is how honest and hardworking the owner of Keystone is and now we all of the sudden see another Peak website pop up out of the blue?????   Only this time Peak Fragrances?  WHAT?!?! Holy smokes!  

I will be contacting them tomorrow to make sure that they are aware of this!  I am so sad for her!  At bare minimum I would DEMAND that they change their name COMPLETELY!!!  That's such bulls**t!  Wow.....  Just wow!!!!  

I seriously hope that we all band together and make it very known that the people at Keystone are extremely honest, hard working people and THEY deserve our business and they have been the ones working their tail feathers off trying to get us some of our favorite FO's from Peak.  Ugh!  I'm sooooo.... MAD!  😡   Vent over.......... Sorry everyone just don't like slimy people!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I placed a pre-order last week and the owner called me yesterday to get my payment information.  Right now, I will just stick with Keystone.  As mentioned above they have been working their butts off trying to get everything straightened out and then this?!!   Wow!

It probably isn't any of my or our business but I sure would like to know what the owner of Keystone thinks about this!  

Edited by pcbrook
  • Like 4

What the heck???  If I were Keystone, I would be questioning everything in the deal made which included buying Peak's codes.  If Alan and Nachelle planned on reopening with original Peak FOs, why would they sell those codes to another company (Keystone)?  How does Keystone know they have the original codes?  This could ruin Keystone's reputation if they order oils and sell as "Peak" only to find they aren't the same.  

GoldieMN

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IwantItgreen said:

There are a number of fragrance oils on the new Peaks site now with a news blog post from Alan.

How do I get to that site?  And where is the news blog from Alan.?  I went to Peaks Fragrance oil and saw nothing but a picture.

trappeur

To me it looks like you have to create an account to see anything on that site, and I haven't done that, but it seems weird the blog post would be from Alan, when it's Nachelle that opened the site, and the business in her name, etc.,?

I just don't get any of it, and am left scratching my head, so I'm done with the whole thing.

None of it makes sense. None of it was done with ANY level of professinalism. None of it resembles a well run business. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

What the heck???  If I were Keystone, I would be questioning everything in the deal made which included buying Peak's codes.  If Alan and Nachelle planned on reopening with original Peak FOs, why would they sell those codes to another company (Keystone)?  How does Keystone know they have the original codes?  This could ruin Keystone's reputation if they order oils and sell as "Peak" only to find they aren't the same.  

GoldieMN

I agree.  What a dirty rotten deal for Keystone that Peak is back in business.  Well, he will not get my business.

• Like 3