Lonestar has 22 new fragrances

Lorelei

Yes, there are some really nice ones!  I want to get a few next week.

One I was especially interested in was called Drunken Punkin.....

Was really very strange when I saw that name pop up because I came up with a blend last year and it was named "Drunken Punkin" for a store I sell to.  Now how odd to see such an odd name come up that I already came up with....

Trappeur

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Kerven said:

Some of those do sound very nice. Pumpkin Seeds & Oud's description sounds like my type of scent.

How are Lonestar's FO's in general? I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to try the new sampler.

IMO Lonstar's FO;s are of good quality, and fairly priced. I've never had a problem with them not throwing or working in my soap, just the occasional me not liking the scent. 

22 sample scents for $22 is not a bad price, for sure. 

The ONLY drawback for me with Lonestar is they don't take PayPal, (at least last I checked) and I hate that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kerven said:

Some of those do sound very nice. Pumpkin Seeds & Oud's description sounds like my type of scent.

How are Lonestar's FO's in general? I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need to try the new sampler.

For me, Lonestar's FOs are generally good.  I have had a few though that did not throw too good in my wax but you find that everywhere.  I had to place an order yesterday so I added the Drunkin' Punkin, Midnight Moon and Honey Lavender Gelato.

• Thanks 1

I used to think that I probably wouldn't order anymore from them but I poured their apple cinnamon and it's wonderful! So, I started going back through my samples and found several that I love and now I believe they'll become a permanent supplier. It's cheaper the get their wax shipped to me and for some reason it used to seem higher. Not sure why that is or was but it did. I like their caramel apple too. Don't care for their bday cake because it smells like the one from ICS and Aztec to my nose and theirs remind me of play dough!

11 hours ago, pcbrook said:

For me, Lonestar's FOs are generally good.  I have had a few though that did not throw too good in my wax but you find that everywhere.  I had to place an order yesterday so I added the Drunkin' Punkin, Midnight Moon and Honey Lavender Gelato.

Let us know how the Honey Lavender Gelato is. Sounds very interesting. Anyone tried Lavender Coconut milk - I think thats what its called. BA + JS carries that one 

Edited by Moonstar

29 minutes ago, Belinda said:

I used to think that I probably wouldn't order anymore from them but I poured their apple cinnamon and it's wonderful! So, I started going back through my samples and found several that I love and now I believe they'll become a permanent supplier. It's cheaper the get their wax shipped to me and for some reason it used to seem higher. Not sure why that is or was but it did. I like their caramel apple too. Don't care for their bday cake because it smells like the one from ICS and Aztec to my nose and theirs remind me of play dough!

I get a play dough smell from many heavy vanilla FO's for some odd reason. More so while burning :( 

1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

I get a play dough smell from many heavy vanilla FO's for some odd reason. More so while burning :( 

I've only noticed it with those suppliers birthday cake and what I really don't get is they all get great reviews on that particular scent!

1 minute ago, Belinda said:

I've only noticed it with those suppliers birthday cake and what I really don't get is they all get great reviews on that particular scent!

who's cinnamon apple and carmel apple are you talking about ? now i need to try them :laugh2:

3 minutes ago, Faerywren said:

Lonestar has some great oils. Their Egyptian Sheets is a best seller for me in candles and room sprays. It took a longer than usual cure in my parasoy, but it's worth it.

Sounds interesting . How long are you talking about ? I need to order some candle dye from them, any other suggestions ? I read the vanilla cardamom 

is really good, have you tried that one ?

Edited by Moonstar

24 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Sounds interesting . How long are you talking about ? I need to order some candle dye from them, any other suggestions ? I read the vanilla cardamom 

is really good, have you tried that one ?

I had to cure them a month to get the throw I was looking for. It is a softer scent to be sure, but I don't have to cure any scent for a MONTH to get optimum results. :)

I've not tried the vanilla cardamom, but that does sound good! Some of my usual ones are: Nordic Spa, Cowboy, Sea Petals, Twilight Woods, Mahogany Woods and Windswept Waves. I have some others that I haven't put in wax, yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got 2 of the sets and they arrive tomorrow.  It worked out cheaper than ordering 2 each of the ones I wanted to try, so I just got two sets.  I'll post once I smell them all.  I probably won't like the pot ones, or anything that smells like men's aftershave.  But the rest sound pretty good.  Can't wait to get them.  

45 minutes ago, Faerywren said:

I had to cure them a month to get the throw I was looking for. It is a softer scent to be sure, but I don't have to cure any scent for a MONTH to get optimum results. :)

I've not tried the vanilla cardamom, but that does sound good! Some of my usual ones are: Nordic Spa, Cowboy, Sea Petals, Twilight Woods, Mahogany Woods and Windswept Waves. I have some others that I haven't put in wax, yet.

I like the Cardamom Vanilla, it's a good one.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 3:50 AM, Trappeur said:

Yes, there are some really nice ones!  I want to get a few next week.

One I was especially interested in was called Drunken Punkin.....

Was really very strange when I saw that name pop up because I came up with a blend last year and it was named "Drunken Punkin" for a store I sell to.  Now how odd to see such an odd name come up that I already came up with....

Trappeur

Trapp, I remember you naming one Drunken Pumpkin.It stuck in my head because it was so unique.That is so bizarre they have a oil named after your idea . I agree with Terry ,sounds like board cruise to me lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Let us know how the Honey Lavender Gelato is. Sounds very interesting. Anyone tried Lavender Coconut milk - I think thats what its called. BA + JS carries that one 

Well the real stuff is my favorite Gelato, but I can't speak for the fo :D   Sorry couldn't help myself.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I have the coconut milk and lavender from JS. To me, it smells just like the the Vanilla Lavender from NG, which is lovely.

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2017 at 7:39 PM, Belinda said:

This is funny because I think their BD Cake is my favorite!    :)

I live about 6 hours from them and my daughter has medical treatment in Dallas.   I get all my glassware and wax from them.   They have a showroom if you are local with all the samples you can sniff.   Prepare to leave with a headache.

Butternut Pumpkin is pretty great!

16 hours ago, Lorelei said:

This is funny because I think their BD Cake is my favorite!    :)

Apparently a lot of people love their birthday cake and Aztec's and ICS too. They all smell similar to my nose but all remind me of play dough LOL! I wish it didn't because it's obviously a best seller for quite a few people.

I'm sure I've asked you this before but what part of Texas are you in? I'm about 50 miles north of Houston. I'm probably 31/2 to 4 hours from Lone Star.

24 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

I'm in Amarillo, and because of my daughter's rare disease, we have to travel to Dallas and Houston often.

Oh my. That's a long way from home for sure. Texas is so big. I sure hope the doctors in Houston and Dallas are helping her. The Medical Center is a great place to be when you're sick. I do a lot of alternative things for cancer. 

• Like 1