Clear labels / Label Recommendations

Just wanted to see if you guys have recommendations for where to purchase  clear candle labels. I have been looking at onlinelabels.com, but they don't have the exact size labels I need, they have a size that is workable but not "perfect." Looking for some a company with a large assortment of sizes.

I'm needing small labels,  2.5in X 2.5-3in and/or 2in by 2-3in.

Also, recommendations for printing yourself vs having them printed? I'm assuming, since I'm just starting out, printing myself be the most cost effective. But just wanted to get some advice in case there is something I may be over looking. Thanks!! =) 

Edited by ChristinaD

2 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I use full sheet and print/cut myself. 

Ive considered this myself just because of the flexibility. 

Currently, I use Online Labels and have no complaints. Huge selection, great prices, does me wonders.

But, have been thinking about using full sheets for quite some time now. How do you cut yours to look nice and professional?

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2017 at 7:07 PM, ChristinaD said:

Just wanted to see if you guys have recommendations for where to purchase  clear candle labels. I have been looking at onlinelabels.com, but they don't have the exact size labels I need, they have a size that is workable but not "perfect." Looking for some a company with a large assortment of sizes.

I'm needing small labels,  2.5in X 2.5-3in and/or 2in by 2-3in.

Also, recommendations for printing yourself vs having them printed? I'm assuming, since I'm just starting out, printing myself be the most cost effective. But just wanted to get some advice in case there is something I may be over looking. Thanks!! =) 

Were you able to find the clear stickers or any additional info on printing?

I just got a sample package from Sheetlabels.com.  They included a number of printed labels in addition to the kraft label sample I requested.  They will send up to three samples for free.  If you send a request, I would ask for samples of clear labels they have made.

GoldieMN

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, gls said:

Were you able to find the clear stickers or any additional info on printing?

I got them from onlinelabels.com but I’m not really happy with them yet.. the inkjet ones never dried (weeks later even, my husband helped me to make sure alll the settings were right) and the laser ones are a little see through :/  But I went with the laser ones for now ... will be on the hunt in the future for ones I like better though.. the clear have been a PAIN!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I just got a sample package from Sheetlabels.com.  They included a number of printed labels in addition to the kraft label sample I requested.  They will send up to three samples for free.  If you send a request, I would ask for samples of clear labels they have made.

GoldieMN

Good to know! I’ll check them out! Not happy with my current ones, they work but not without some issues

2 minutes ago, ChristinaD said:

I got them from onlinelabels.com but I’m not really happy with them yet.. the inkjet ones never dried (weeks later even, my husband helped me to make sure alll the settings were right) and the laser ones are a little see through :/  But I went with the laser ones for now ... will be on the hunt in the future for ones I like better though.. the clear have been a PAIN!

I only use onlinelabels.com..... have for years.  I use ink jet and laser. Never had problems with either. Dry quickly... it has to be your printer settings.  Work with their support.... but i have no issues at all with them.  Highly recommend

• Like 1

I used Labels By The Sheet for a while, but had spotty quality. I requested a sample from WorldLabel.com and they were the best I've used so far! They don't come in small quantities, but their customer service team sent me a few sheets to test for free! I buy the laser print ones and take them to FedEx - unfortunately there's always some sort of issue with margins or not printing in alignment with the cut label, so I too am looking for a better solution, but it works for now! 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, wthomas57 said:

I only use onlinelabels.com..... have for years.  I use ink jet and laser. Never had problems with either. Dry quickly... it has to be your printer settings.  Work with their support.... but i have no issues at all with them.  Highly recommend

We tried every setting we had & no luck :( a few seemed to dry after weeks of sitting, but the ink came right off when we rubbed our thumbs across it. I didn’t think to try customer service though! I may do that! As he laser ones work but are not nearly as dark or “shiny” like inkjet - so not as pretty (I’ve never had this issue with other labels so I’m not sure) 

Edited by ChristinaD

1 minute ago, ChristinaD said:

We tried every setting we had & no luck :( a few seemed to dry after weeks of sitting, but the ink came right off when we rubbed our thumbs across it. I didn’t think to try customer service though! I may do that! As he laser ones work but are not nearly as dark or “shiny” like inkjet - so not as pretty (I’ve never had this issue with other labels so I’m not sure) 

Well u have to use certain printer type with certain labels.  It tells you which ones.  Some are inkjet only,  some laser only,  a few do both. I agree inkjet is usually more rich. But mine are dry after minutes.  

• Like 1

I had one sheet of clear labels that I got from labels by the sheet.  I tried them with my inkjet printer and they printed fine and the ink didn't smear or smudge, after I set my printer for "prevent paper abrasion".  I had some trouble with regular labels until I did that...no more ink smears.

The issue I had with clear labels was air bubbles once I put them on the jar.  I bought some beautiful red jars and didn't want to cover them with white labels, so tried the clear, but air bubbles make the label unattractive to me.  I looked up clear labels air bubbles online, and sure enough, that is a problem. Some of the solutions to the problem was to make sure the glass was completely clean, and to buy a label putter oner.  :)  I forget what you call it.  But I'm not buying a machine to put labels on my jars, and I don't want to worry about air bubbles, so I put hang tags on my red jars that the customer can just remove.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@wthomas57 Yes, I got inkjet at first then switched to the laser ones. I may look into trying them out again, I’ve just never had this issue with labels, but my first time doing labels for candles. I didn’t understand what was wrong, after several days of testing with different settings. I was on a deadline so gave up, temporarily 

Edited by ChristinaD

23 minutes ago, GailC said:

Oh, and besides all that, clear labels are expensive!!!!  :)

Yes, they are more expensive, but I’m attached to having them clear 😆 The air bubbles weren’t an issue at first, but have developed into more of an issue ... another thing to work on I guess!

1 hour ago, ChristinaD said:

Yes, they are more expensive, but I’m attached to having them clear 😆 The air bubbles weren’t an issue at first, but have developed into more of an issue ... another thing to work on I guess!

They are classy looking but really my red jars were too dark for the black print on the labels to show up well.  I love other people's clear labels on their jars.  :)

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2017 at 3:38 PM, wthomas57 said:

You could also be using way too much ink.  Use standard setting,  not glossy. Try fast print and lower dpi. Don't need all that and lays too much ink anyway

Yes, this is what OnLineLabels recommends.  Everything I read says you will have that problem with laser labels.  Maybe try a different inkjet label?  GoldieMN

ink on clear labels.JPG

Edited by GoldieMN
  • Like 2