Wax pulling away from bottom

Question for all of you folks who have been doing this a while. On two different occasions this has happened... after a few burns the wax at the bottom of the candle pulls away from the sides. When first lighting the candle, it looks perfect - no adhesion issues. This happens maybe two burns in. It looks unsightly but does not affect the burn of the candle. Anyone know what is causing this? And what in your experience would a customer do if this occurred to a candle they had purchased? Is this return worthy? 

39A84813-03F6-4579-BC5E-1EBFDC85A941.jpeg

One more thing... not sure if this is just coincidence or not, but both times it occurred with candles made with fragrances I had to wick down on. Also - earlier I said that it’s pulling away from the bottom. It’s actually pulling away at the side of the jar where it meets the thicker bottom portion.  Any help/guesses are appreciated!! Thank you! 

Are you by chance covering the tops of your candles to keep them warm and what surface are your jars sitting on? Also, how are you pre-heating if you are preheating:

Ive seen this happen for the following reasons:

1) bottom cooling fast than top either because top is insulated better than bottom or because your jars are sitting on a surface that pulls out heat (wood, etc). Try pouring on another surface.

2) Glasses not clean on the inside in some places (dirt, grime etc)

3) If you are preaheating in the over.... make sure jars are getting equal heat on top and bottom so that the bottom isn't staying significantly cooler than the rest.

4) Random and infrequent  - dont wory about it. :)

On 10/6/2017 at 6:51 AM, Jcandleattic said:

It just looks like wet spots to me. just a bit of wax contracting and pulling away from the jar. all waxes do it. It's just an aesthetic problem, and nothing to be too concerned with. 

Totally agree...........   :-)

When you say you hit it with a heat gun, what does that look like exactly? Sorry to be an idiot. I guess what I’m asking is... the wet spot is down towards the bottom of the container so I can’t just remelt the top with a heat gun ? Again, sorry for the probably stupid question. 

Like everyone said....it's a wet spot.  Just forget about....just happens at times - nothing you can do about it.  If you somehow you get it gone, it most likely will return.  No one will say a thing about it.  Just look at all the candles where ever you go.  Its everywhere even some of th best expensive lines have em.

Trappeur