Testing Hell

I'm about a month into my new 415, this wax is so NOT like any other 415 I've ever had. It's a different consistency, not unappealing, but very different. I am getting the hang of it, wicking is mostly sized down 1 (some 2), although one is wicking way up. Still have my HT (thank you God). I have had to put all my business on hold just to get the fundraisers out.

16 minutes ago, Lighten Up said:

I'm about a month into my new 415, this wax is so NOT like any other 415 I've ever had. It's a different consistency, not unappealing, but very different. I am getting the hang of it, wicking is mostly sized down 1 (some 2), although one is wicking way up. Still have my HT (thank you God). I have had to put all my business on hold just to get the fundraisers out.

Do you use any additives with 415?

I have been having success so far keeping my normal wicking hardening the wax up to slow the burn - haven't tested them all yet, that's going to take FOREVER 

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

Do you use any additives with 415?

I have been having success so far keeping my normal wicking hardening the wax up to slow the burn - haven't tested them all yet, that's going to take FOREVER 

Nope, no additives. I am pretty happy with my new wicking, but so tired of the testing.

I am so sorry to hear of all of these struggles. I feel like something is wrong with me - or the way I'm making candles, because I haven't had to change wicks. But then again I've just been making candles for 16 months so maybe I've just always had this wax that is an adjustment for others.