Belle Grove Plantation account beer soaps

Candybee

I just made these for my wholesale account with Belle Grove Plantation. The plantation was established in 1797 and is now a well kept historic site complete with a ghost. They have been selling my soap and B&B for a couple years and recently asked me for something new. So I told them about beer soap and this is what I came up with.

I made them 4 test batches. One made with plantation hive honey, one with oatmeal, and a couple with pumpkin puree.

59d670e7a14b0_Beersoapgrouping.jpg.14bcd12d41e696a96867d64915cdff6e.jpg

59d670ee58534_Beersoapgrouping2(2).jpg.9431ff98522735c6c8e8c7532ee8d3d3.jpg

• Like 1

I found and downloaded a couple of 18th century fonts to use in the labels. The blue pic on the top of the labels is their logo. Here is a link to the plantation's website: http://bellegrove.org/

Its in the heart of sacred ground known as civil war battlefield grounds. There are historic battlefields all over the Shenandoah Valley and there was even a battle fought at Belle Grove.

Edited by Candybee

I love everything about these soaps. I have a feeling they're going to have a tough choosing one. They all sound awesome. Did you just add FO to some, like the Lavender Ale?

Ive never used a beer soap. What are they like, do they smell like beer ? Sorry for the dumb question lol ! Great job ! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I love everything about these soaps. I have a feeling they're going to have a tough choosing one. They all sound awesome. Did you just add FO to some, like the Lavender Ale?

Ive never used a beer soap. What are they like, do they smell like beer ? Sorry for the dumb question lol ! Great job ! 

The beer smell does not make it through the saponification process, at least I've never had any luck with that happening. 

A beer soap is quite nice with tons of bubbles, and IDK - hard to describe - you just need to use one. LOL 

I tend to add Lime EO to all of my beer soaps (just the way it seems to work out) 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

The beer smell does not make it through the saponification process, at least I've never had any luck with that happening. 

A beer soap is quite nice with tons of bubbles, and IDK - hard to describe - you just need to use one. LOL 

I tend to add Lime EO to all of my beer soaps (just the way it seems to work out) 

I think you've answered this question before about the Lime EO and CP soap. I think I looked up the company you mentioned that has 15 fold Lime EO 

but your right its OOB :( Any other suppliers that would carry this. I never knew it even existed. SO 13 fold Lime EO lasts in CP, is this correct ? 

2 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I think you've answered this question before about the Lime EO and CP soap. I think I looked up the company you mentioned that has 15 fold Lime EO 

but your right its OOB :( Any other suppliers that would carry this. I never knew it even existed. SO 13 fold Lime EO lasts in CP, is this correct ? 

I honestly don't know what fold my lime EO was (honestly I think it might have only been 5x) but I have a couple soaps left that are about 2 years old and they are still strongly scented. I *might* still have the bottle, and if I do, I'll look and see what it says. 

• Thanks 1

Moonstar the soaps all from test batches I just made. So they really need more time to cure and harden up. I just wanted to package some with the new labels so I could email a pic to my account.

I don't know yet if all the fragrances I used will hold up until over time. The honey and oatmeal I know will because those are ones I have used before. So far they all smell pretty good but the lavender apple scent has already faded. I think next time I am going to make my own blend of lavender apple from FOs and EOs I know work for me. Once I smelled the lavender apple FO I liked it right away. But what matters is what my account likes.

Re lime in CP soap I use regular lime EO which is essentially 5x. It sticks like crazy and smells wonderful in CP soap. Frankly I don't see why anyone would want to go to all the trouble of looking for a 15x lime when a standard 5x works so well!