Sign in to follow this  
MarlaSinger

Cure time for KY Para-Soy?

I have KY Para-Soy from RE and unlike most of their other waxes, they don't state an ideal cure time for this particular wax. I know the FO can alter it a bit but in general, what would be the average cure time for making melts with this wax?

:) THANKS! 

I would say at least a week. I've used this wax on it's own and also mixed with their granular all paraffin wax. I love the creamy look of it. It has great cold throw in my opinion but I like more paraffin so when I use it I mix more paraffin so it's at least 75%-80% paraffin and I don't have to let it cure as long. I'm not very patient LOL!

15 hours ago, Belinda said:

I would say at least a week. I've used this wax on it's own and also mixed with their granular all paraffin wax. I love the creamy look of it. It has great cold throw in my opinion but I like more paraffin so when I use it I mix more paraffin so it's at least 75%-80% paraffin and I don't have to let it cure as long. I'm not very patient LOL!

Thank you!

Do you mind if I ask what the additional paraffin does? 

On 10/2/2017 at 12:35 PM, MarlaSinger said:

Thank you!

Do you mind if I ask what the additional paraffin does? 

I think it helps the scent throw and it doesn't seem to have to cure as long. I usually use all paraffin but every now and then I'll order KY tart wax or Flamings para/soy which I believe to be the same as KY's, because I love the creamy look that soy gives. I just can't seem to make up my mind and stick to one wax or wax blend LOL!