Weekend Crafts? What are you doing?

Jcandleattic

So, I am going to my nieces baby shower. I made 30 candles for the baby shower, all scented baby powder (gag) 

I wish I had a picture of the finished candle - they are really cute. Tomorrow before I give her some I'll take a pic. I still need to make the labels. 

The baby's name is going to be Skyla, and it's going to be a girl - so they candles are pink (glass glow) and my mom crocheted little "baby bonnets" to go on the lids. The label with have a pink border with pink little feet, with this saying inside the border: 

Bottles, booties, diapers, and pins,

This is where the fun begins.

Baby Skyla is on the way,

Let’s celebrate before the big day.

So here's a candle for you to light,

Once the stork has made its flight,

With the flicker of the flame,

Say a prayer in Skyla’s name.

Below is a pic of the candles as I was making them. 

I also have to start shrink wrapping and labeling my cured soaps to take to my first craft fair of the season next weekend. 

That's it in a nutshell for me this weekend. 

What is everyone else up to this weekend?? Anything fun, exciting? 

20170923_102558.jpg

6 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

OH my gosh, what a beautiful color!  Is the wax a palm wax that crystallizes?   Oh, I can wait to see with your label and those cute little bonnets!

Trappeur

Yes, it crystallizes. The color lightened considerably, but not as much as I would have thought/liked. 

These are just 5oz apothecary candles.

11.5 years ago, I did the same thing (but with just a pillar container blend) for my sister's baby shower, but in well cleaned out baby food jars. They were adorable. I wanted to duplicate that, and came close, but not exact...