Halloween Labels

Trappeur

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, Trappeur said:

Cool Kat!   I love that....Now to find a label to go with the "Walking Dead".....Well, could that be the pine one?   Let me see what I could come up with..got any ideas of what to look for?

Trappeur

Trap ,I think  maybe a mummy or skeleton would fit Walking Dead pretty good .I just LOVE your labels ,so awesome :)

The show returns in Oct ,pretty sure & this candle would fly :)

A pine scent would certainly fit the name as well. These guys seem to be out in the woods a lot on the show lol. Aztec has a nice oil called A walk in the woods ,or any nature type aroma would certainly work with the Walking Dead :)

• Like 1

Hi Trappeur, your labels are always so nice!! Do you have all your clip art/ artwork on your computer and then upload to zazzle then design them, or does zazzle have everything needed as to the clip art /artwork? I'm in need of making my new labels, and the system I used before, I have heard isn't a available anymore...thanks!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, so-soy said:

Hi Trappeur, your labels are always so nice!! Do you have all your clip art/ artwork on your computer and then upload to zazzle then design them, or does zazzle have everything needed as to the clip art /artwork? I'm in need of making my new labels, and the system I used before, I have heard isn't a available anymore...thanks!!

So-soy everything I get off Zazzle.  Each design you click on is made by a person/business who you will see they all have their own stores on Zazzle.  If you see a design that you like and bring it up on your screen and say for instance there is something in the design you don't like for instance maybe there is wording on the design that says Merry Christmas and you would rather have the design without wording, you can contact the shop owner and ask them if they can remove it.   Or maybe once you get into the design and start modifying the artwork/enlarging or decreasing designs, changing background colors, changing fonts/ etc it;s possible that you don't even have to ask the shop to remove the wording Merry Christmas as you can just delete the wording yourself.  Maybe one of the designs you pick has a border around done like in barbed wire.  You can even delete that off the design.   A lot of designs come from one particular shop and I have them even make up a design for me that isn't even on Zazzle so we work together and I tell him/her what I'm looking for and they will do the actual design for me and put up a listing for me through Zazzle.  You can also upload your own designs.  Once you learn to navigate around the site and you learn how to do modifications, the sky is the limit.  I've been using them for so many years, it's a snap.

The goods and bads about using Zazzle.

1.  The labels (CALLED STICKERS) come in assortments of shapes ie:  round, square, oval, star, rectangular, heart.

It's very important to know that Zazzle offers (2) sizes......either 1 1/2" or 3"....nothing more and you can't ask them to do a custom size as they wont.

As many years as I have been using them, I have spoken with them asking if they can think about adding more sizes and the only thing I have been told is

they will bring it up in a meeting.  I have been on the forum a million times and have posed this question and no answer.  So it is very important that whatever

jar I use I have to always make sure the 1 1/2" or 3" sticker will work/fit the jar.  The small 1 1/2" label I use just about on all my jars.  I'm using a mini italian canning 

jar for a client and I even have to hand cut down this label once I get it as it is that small.  The 3" label  I have even ordered that and had to cut them down by hand when 

they came in.

2.  How the stickers are made.

1 1/2' Sticker:       comes 20 on a page

3" sticker:             comes 6 on a page

You can order 1 page at a time if you want.  There is no minimum or max.

You can get in gloss or matte.

3.  VERY IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER:

When you start searching in the "search box" always make sure you put the word "sticker" (not label) into the search box.  If you put label you will get designs that are 

labels that Zazzle also offers.  A label comes as only a rectangular label and  you will see the sizes they offer in that too.

Here is an example of how to do a search.  It is like googling....use keywords....

Say I want a sticker of a mountain scene with a lake in it and a canoe sitting at the edge of the water.  This is how I would do a search.

Different ways to type I would type:

1.  Mountain sticker

2.  Forest sticker

3.  Adirondack mountains in New York sticker

4.  Canoe sticker

5.  Canoe on lake sticker

6.  Canoe in woods sticker

7.  Red canoe in mountains sticker

8.  Pine trees sticker

9.  Wildlife sticker

10.  Cabin in woods sticker

11.  Rustic mountain sticker

The list goes on and on....use key words....and always type in sticker.

If you forget to type in sticker the words you type in will bring up what ever you are looking for but shown on t shirts, boxes, mugs, shoes, stationary, etc. as Zazzle is just a HUGE print company and they do printing on merchandise that you order.  And they have 1000's and 1000's of designs that you will go crazy over.  Actually if you do see a design say for example you like, but they show it on a t shirt or mug or whatever, if you click on that t shirt you can get into the shop of the designer and send him a message and ask if he would offer it as a sticker and they always will.   The thing that I love about Zazzle that is different than Vista print is that all the designs on Zazzle are made up from individuals/artists who are always adding to their shop.  The designs are always refreshing and updated daily.  

Pricing of stickers:

You will see the price per page of sticker you order.  Its generally 4.95 and up to like 6.00 a page.

I never ever pay that price.  They have sales EVERY day and will send to your email.  I always pay 1/2 that amount, like 2.45 a sticker.  So figure 2.45 a page with 20 stickers on a page is 12cents a sticker.  For me, I think that is el cheapo considering I don't print my own.  They also will send me periodically an email giving me a code for ordering so much from them a code for 10.00 off or 25.00 off my next order.  And every time I get my order I do a review and get more discounts that I apply to my next order.

Shipping of stickers:

I sign yearly for 39.95 which is 2 day shipping meaning with no shipping charges and I get in 2 days once they ship.  They usually print in 1 to 2 days and ship.  I just looked up the savings I have saved this year and it is $1,300.00 by going this option I chose.  And I'm a very small business compared to I'm sure all other accounts they have.

I know a lot of people off the forum here have asked how I design my labels and when I tell them and what they have to learn to navigate around to get great looking labels I believe most get frustrated and order elsewhere or print their own.  Once you do learn the ins and outs its really so much fun as I found out.

Hope this helps some.

Trappeur

On 9/26/2017 at 11:08 PM, Trappeur said:

Wow, that is great!   Would love to see them!

Trappeur

The first one I will use on rosehips and cinn sticks writing in the scents. The small bunny label I will use on oils and small items. The last two will go on my large bags of winter time potpourri. I got 30% off and it was super to design the labels.

7.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I love the Witchy Cinnamon Broom one..."I'll get you my pretty!"

I can just hear the witch cackling.  Which made me think...."Cackling Birch".  :)   A sinister looking silhouette of a tree.  

But if people didn't know there was a scent called Crackling Birch, they wouldn't get it.

• Like 1

Great labels Candy!  Glad it worked for you. It will get easier in time....I see that you ordered address labels and not stickers...I've done that too also.

Quick question.....did you order them in matte finish?  Cause the gloss is very difficult to write on.......

Great job!

Trappeur

Yes Trappeur I have ordered the matte this time but can't wait to order the stickers in the future. I may have to change pricing a tad if I upgrade to the stickers but I am sure they are nicer and more professional than the mailing labels.