Im on the fence about Fillmore's Cedar Garland and want to take a poll to see if more of you dislike or like it. Obviously its for Christmas and the container is a vintage pewter like

mug with a handle. If your not a fan can you please add your favorite Christmas FO. Thank you :) 

I had some wax melts left over made with Cedar Garland and I have it in my Scentsy melter. I guess Im not on the fence any longer. I don't care for it. Im thinking 

its the sandalwood note ??? Im sure Im the odd ball here lol ! Im very curious to see if its just me not liking the FO .

I think I got a sample of that but have never put it in wax that I remember. My favorites for Christmas are Vanilla bean noel, Mrs Claus cookies, Gingerbread-Aztec or NG,  North Pole-Flaming, Christmas wish-JS or ICS,  and Alpine Cheer-Flaming. I've also developed a liking for Christmas tree-Fillmore. 

• Thanks 1

I've never been a fan of Cedar Garland myself and there are so many rave reviews on this scent.   I did order it one time based on all the wonderful reviews....but I thought I was the odd ball that I didn't like it as others....oh well...to each their own.   But I DO love the name "Cedar Garland".

Now I love Fillmore's Bayberry Cinnamon and always have it for Christmas.  I don't care for the scent bayberry at all, but blended with cinnamon the way Fillmore does is just so beautiful (in my opinion).  It really has a Christmas tone to it with just the right amount of cinnamon in it and the bayberry peaking through.  Now to me this scent screams "Christmas in New England".  And it is one of my most favorite scents.  I even use it during the rest of the year.

As for favorite Christmas scents.....well hands down VBN (WSP),   Christmas Tree (Fillmore), Butter Rum Allspice (BC), Northwoods Christmas (BC), Christmas Hearth (CS)....

I know I have a few more....

I would like to find a good Mistletoe.  I never liked CS Mistletoe for some reason...don't know why.  But I do order it as so many like it and the name "Mistletoe" just sells the scent.

Trappeur

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

I've never been a fan of Cedar Garland myself and there are so many rave reviews on this scent.   I did order it one time based on all the wonderful reviews....but I thought I was the odd ball that I didn't like it as others....oh well...to each their own.   But I DO love the name "Cedar Garland".

Now I love Fillmore's Bayberry Cinnamon and always have it for Christmas.  I don't care for the scent bayberry at all, but blended with cinnamon the way Fillmore does is just so beautiful (in my opinion).  It really has a Christmas tone to it with just the right amount of cinnamon in it and the bayberry peaking through.  Now to me this scent screams "Christmas in New England".  And it is one of my most favorite scents.  I even use it during the rest of the year.

As for favorite Christmas scents.....well hands down VBN (WSP),   Christmas Tree (Fillmore), Butter Rum Allspice (BC), Northwoods Christmas (BC), Christmas Hearth (CS)....

I know I have a few more....

I would like to find a good Mistletoe.  I never liked CS Mistletoe for some reason...don't know why.  But I do order it as so many like it and the name "Mistletoe" just sells the scent.

Trappeur

Oh ... LOVE the name New England Christmas, Ive never tried Fillmore's Bayberry Cinnamon maybe I should. I don't really know what it is about the Cedar Garland

I just don't care for it. When you use Butter Rum Allspice do you need to wick up, its seems like its a heavy oil. I know you like Tennessee's Brownie, I have 3 oz

left of it but it always has a burnt note overtime I burn chocolate candles, do you have that issue when buying chocolate FO ?

4 hours ago, Belinda said:

I think I got a sample of that but have never put it in wax that I remember. My favorites for Christmas are Vanilla bean noel, Mrs Claus cookies, Gingerbread-Aztec or NG,  North Pole-Flaming, Christmas wish-JS or ICS,  and Alpine Cheer-Flaming. I've also developed a liking for Christmas tree-Fillmore. 

I think I'm going to get the Gingerbread from MMS Sage 

I've read that it's really good 😊 

• Like 1

I don't see why not you couldn't use that for a Christmas scent what so ever.  I know I would if I liked the fragrance.  The name alone is beautiful in my opinion. I did receive a sample of a Cracklin Birch a while back but honestly don't remember who it was from.  But I do remember it to me also smelled cologny and probably used it as a blender as I know if it was to my liking I would definitely remember it.  Did you see that CS has a White Birch?  On my next order I'm going to get a sample of it.

Trappeur

5 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I was looking at NG Crackling Birch. If anyone has used that would you consider that a Christmas scent ? When I was reading the reviews I got the impression that its 

more of a masculine, cologne scent ?  

OMG I love that FO!

It doesn't say "Christmas" to me, it's more of a fall scent IMO. It is a rich cinnamon-y spicy woody fragrance with a hint of musk. Amazing throw in wax, soaps like a dream, just a bit of DC that's so easy to incorporate into the design... Super sexy in body butter. I have a girlfriend whose husband requests this for her, he loves the way she smells when she uses it, lol.

I think you could make it work as a holiday scent if you played up the spice and the woods.

Oh, forgot to say I use CBL-125 paraffin with a touch of soy as my wax, and FO load at 8%, HT is great considering it's a tiny 4oz jelly jar.

And I CP soap with about 30% tallow, 20% coconut, rest in liquid oils, and I'm impatient so I soap kind of hot, lol. 

So reviews are based on that. :)