Did Three Orders Last Night

Paperbackstash

I'm excited that I took the plunge and did three orders last night. Unfortunately RE is still too cost prohibitive in shipping for me for FO samples, which is a shame since I really want some of theirs. There's always the future.

I have at least two more orders I plan to make, but that will probably be in a week or so.

For last night,

Nature's Garden -

I had four of theirs already that I like OOB: Mermaid's Kiss, friendly and softly floral; Fireplace, which just smells like smoke to me; Witching Hour, which I love and can't stop sniffing; Autumn Woods, which smells promising in OOB

New orders last night for just fragrance part --

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Island Fresh

Pumpkin Apple Butter

Craklin Burch

Moon Flower

Capri Olivo

Deadly Weapon

Ferocious Beast

BIte Me

Pheromones

Indigo - Can't resist some of the paranormal descriptions -

Black Lagoon

Berry Bewitching

Decay

Dragon's Blood

Fairy Dusted

Ghost Musk

Honey I Washed Those Kids

Hula Girl

Indian Summer

Love Spellz

Orchid Rain

Peppered Poppies

Sultan

Summer Boardwalking

Twilight Showers

Vamp Vogue

Vermont Maple Syrup

Voodoo Love

Witches Brew

Aztec - Especially excited about Black Sea and Driftwood Island

Bedime Bath

Clothesline

Black Sea

Butt Naked

Blueberry Cobbler

Driftwood Island

Obviously I overdid it with Autumn, Woods and Ocean types to a point but I can't resist. There's a few fragrances out there I still wanted to get from other sellers but waiting for now. Argh! Addicting things.

Edited by Paperbackstash
  • Like 1

I've never ordered from Indigo, so you'll have to let us know how you like those - out of the ones you got from NG Bite Me is the only one I've used. it's very very sickly sweet cherry to me (and that's coming from someone who LOVES sweet/fruit type scents!) So I always use this one as a mixer, and usually mix with some sort of lemon. Last time I used it I mixed it with Lemon Colada, and it smells exactly like a cherry coke with a lemon wedge to me. Love that mix... 

From Aztec, I've only smelled (but not used yet) Black Sea. OOB I love it, I just need to wait for the right product to call it's name. 

All of them you got sound interesting though... 

• Thanks 1

I have scads of FO's from Nature's Garden and Aztec, but only 2 on your list

Island Fresh from NG, and Blueberry Cobbler from Aztec, which coincidentally I just sniffed a few minutes ago and decided I needed to make some Blueberry Cobbler Candles. :)

I have never ordered from Indigo either.

You're going to have fun sniffing all those when you get them!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

I've never ordered from Indigo, so you'll have to let us know how you like those - out of the ones you got from NG Bite Me is the only one I've used. it's very very sickly sweet cherry to me (and that's coming from someone who LOVES sweet/fruit type scents!) So I always use this one as a mixer, and usually mix with some sort of lemon. Last time I used it I mixed it with Lemon Colada, and it smells exactly like a cherry coke with a lemon wedge to me. Love that mix... 

From Aztec, I've only smelled (but not used yet) Black Sea. OOB I love it, I just need to wait for the right product to call it's name. 

All of them you got sound interesting though... 

Bite Me sounds pretty fruity and sweet, which isn't my favorite -- but I wanted a few fun ones that I could be silly with. I have a certain person in mind for that one. I'll see how it smells. Good reviews on the site but I know you can't always trust that. If its sickly cherry sweet to me I don't think I'll be a fan of it either.

I was excited about Black Sea because of the reviews but also I'm drawn to the water and sea stuff.  I have a black soap in mind. I'm avoiding it as charcoal though because I don't want the scent absorbed or diluted. For a charcoal soap I prefer no scent.

Edited by Paperbackstash

8 minutes ago, GailC said:

I have scads of FO's from Nature's Garden and Aztec, but only 2 on your list

Island Fresh from NG, and Blueberry Cobbler from Aztec, which coincidentally I just sniffed a few minutes ago and decided I needed to make some Blueberry Cobbler Candles. :)

I have never ordered from Indigo either.

You're going to have fun sniffing all those when you get them!

Yes, will definitely be a fun sniffing day when they all come in !

My Aztec already arrived today - definitely fast!

I ordered a few candle and soaping dyes, and wax tart cases in addition to the fragrances.

I'm sure these will change somewhat in soap or wax, but OOB they are strong and I like all of them so far. They also all smell very different from each other, which is nice considered I have a pretty crappy nose in the first place.

Bedime Bath - The smell comes across clear and soothing, although it may be slightly weaker than the other ones. This kind of scent isn't supposed to be in your face anyway. Smells like the dupe it's supposed to be, similar to Johnson and Johnson's Bedtime bath.

Clothesline - Very clean and detergent type. Strong and soothing like a Gain type to me.

Black Sea - This is the one I was the most excited about trying from them. My crappy nose can't place it. It's a blend of different smells clearly. Very clean and nice smelling - smell musk with undertone of floral but can't pick the floral out yet the first time. Just sniffed again and found the floral first. It's layered so I think it's one of those that will smell differnet each time I sniff, or else some notes will come across clearer when I soap it. Really like it.

Butt Naked - Strong and tart, going to soap this one. Bright and happy. I haven't compared other Butt Nakeds. The strawberry doesnt dominate but comes across crisp. Happy with it.

Blueberry Cobbler - Wow. Wow, so nice and fresh I can almost taste the blueberries. As sensational OOB as everyone has said.

Driftwood Island - OOB it is very nice but not at all what I was expecting it to be or smell like. Not sure what to think yet. I like it but can't place it. There's a spice right away and it's a clean smell but I'm not smelling much with water or anything fresh like island air, ozone, etc. Warming smell. Surprisingly strong cologne/perfume toned. Will have to see what it does when transformed.

Nature's Garden order wasn't as impressive. Their scents seem weaker than Aztecs out of the bottle although I do like the variety

• Pumpkin Crunch Cake - OOB I don't like it. I smell citrus and it leaves a sharp sensation in my nose. Doesn't smell like pumpkin or sweet to me out of the bottle. Very tart and not at all what I was thinking. 
  • Island Fresh - Very nice Gain type fresh smell, with a small bit of citrus in the background
  • Pumpkin Apple Butter - Smells good out of bottle. I smell apple mainly, with a little sweetness, that tart citrus feel/smell in the back of the nose. Maybe a small amount of Pumpkin, hard for me to tell.
  • Craklin Burch - One of the stronger smells. I like it. Almost cologne like, musky without being bad-musk. One of my favorites.
  • Moon Flower - A pretty and soft floral. I don't really sense the cinnamon but there is soemthing else I'm not putting my finger on.
  • Capri Olivio - Not what I expected. It's very citrus in an almost bitter rind way to me, like an orange with its rind zest added in. Looks like the top note is grapefruit so that must be what I'm sensing. I don't get musk or many florals really yet. Wondering if the small will change in soap.
  • Deadly Weapon - So far disappointing. It had a lot of great reviews for it too, but it's very mild and soft. If it doesn't strengthen in soap or wax then there's no point using it.
  • Ferocious Beast - This one is also disappointing in it being milder, but it's stronger than Deadly Weapon and I like it more. I sense floral and a little bit of citrus. Not sure why anyone would call it a male blend, especially out of bottle. There is a small perfume undernote as well - could be soft cologne considered - I will have to see how it does in product.
  • Bite Me - Reminds me of Cherry Koolaide
  • Pheromones - A very mild and pretty scent but again not strong!

Strangely my older fragrance oils from them are stronger - Mermaid's Kiss, Fireplace, Witching Hour and Autumn Woods. Wonder if the smell came forth more because of aging OOB

Edited by Paperbackstash

Received the Indigo order tonight.

They sent me a sample of Black Cherry Merlot - smells really good! Yummy and fruity and strong. Will have to order some of this.

• Black Lagoon - A clean, slightly generic type smell so far :/ Was having higher hopes for this one, but again OOB isn't always accurate.
  • Berry Bewitching - This is interesting because I expected - and wanted - a popping berry scent like some of the other berries scent. This is very subdued and clean.
  • Decay - I like it. You'd think it would be very feminine with the rose, and it is floral, but OOP the rose is mixed to where I didn't fully identify it as rose. I like it - it's earthy, which fits what I wanted to rename it.
  • Dragon's Blood - A soft Dragon's Blood that thankfully doesn't remind me of the overbearing incense quality.
  • Fairy Dusted - Very light and soft. Powerdery. I like it but wish it were stronger. Will see how it does in soap.
  • Ghost Musk - I was very excited about this one, and guess what? I Love it. Perfect does of musk and some other blends in there OOB. There's a lot in there and I'm curious what notes will come out in products.
  • Honey I Washed Those Kids - Really clean and fresh with honey. I like it. Gets better the more its sniffed.
  • Hula Girl - A fun fruity scent.
  • Indian Summer - Actually quite strong, one of the strongest. Definitely get the pear in there right away. There's a lingering weird smell I don't like about it though!
  • Love Spellz - Incredible! Love this one and can't wait to put it in soap. If it keeps smelling this good will be a keeper and re-order.
  • Orchid Rain - Like it a lot - so far may be my favorite general clean spa fragrance out of the three companies that I've tried - has a little complexity and is strong without just having the citrus underbite.
  • Peppered Poppies - I really liked this one. It's cinnamon and spicy flowers and very different. Uplifting and catches attention.
  • Sultan - Not as good as I hoped yet. Kind of reminds me of the (clean) litter I'd use for my rabbit's cage. Will keep sniffing.
  • Summer Boardwalking - The first sniff I smelled some sweet caramel. Closed the bottle and resniffed and I got some popcorn. I wanted a Carnivale type scent and this one is good so far. Will see how it does in product.
  • Twilight Showers - I didn't know how it would be have a scent blend of lavendar/lilac with Eucalyptus. At first I thought it was a chemically smell but I think it's the Eucalyptus blending in. Not crazy about it yet but will keep trying.
  • Vamp Vogue - It's nice but very mild and clean. Not sure how it matches the name of Vamp Vogue because of the powdery scent. May rename it - will see how it does in product.
  • Vermont Maple Syrup - I am head over heels in love with this. I can almost taste pancakes, seriously. The maple is strong and obvious - smells just like sniffing a syrup bottle!
  • Voodoo Love - Very nice! A soft and sweet floral, really like it. Feminine completely. I don't smell the coconut in the bottle but the mixture of flowers is nice. Has a powdery clean smell.
  • Witch's Brew - At first I wasn't sure how much I liked it but it gets better the more its sniffed. I swear it's almost a mildly tobacco although that isnt in the description. Very warming and some notes are hard to place. Smells great, I love warm scents and cinnamon.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 6:36 PM, Moonstar said:

About 3-4 years ago I used to order FO from Indigo off of Etsy. Now Im wondering if its the same company that is talked about on here. They no longer sell on Etsy.

I too used to order from them on Etsy. When they closed their shop, they put an update that they were moving to their own site (indigofragrance). So,  it's the same people unless they've sold the company since then :)

I just ordered oils from them again recently and have had good luck so far in my testing

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, Paperbackstash said:

My Aztec already arrived today - definitely fast!

I ordered a few candle and soaping dyes, and wax tart cases in addition to the fragrances.

I'm sure these will change somewhat in soap or wax, but OOB they are strong and I like all of them so far. They also all smell very different from each other, which is nice considered I have a pretty crappy nose in the first place.

Bedime Bath - The smell comes across clear and soothing, although it may be slightly weaker than the other ones. This kind of scent isn't supposed to be in your face anyway. Smells like the dupe it's supposed to be, similar to Johnson and Johnson's Bedtime bath.

Clothesline - Very clean and detergent type. Strong and soothing like a Gain type to me.

Black Sea - This is the one I was the most excited about trying from them. My crappy nose can't place it. It's a blend of different smells clearly. Very clean and nice smelling - smell musk with undertone of floral but can't pick the floral out yet the first time. Just sniffed again and found the floral first. It's layered so I think it's one of those that will smell differnet each time I sniff, or else some notes will come across clearer when I soap it. Really like it.

Butt Naked - Strong and tart, going to soap this one. Bright and happy. I haven't compared other Butt Nakeds. The strawberry doesnt dominate but comes across crisp. Happy with it.

Blueberry Cobbler - Wow. Wow, so nice and fresh I can almost taste the blueberries. As sensational OOB as everyone has said.

Driftwood Island - OOB it is very nice but not at all what I was expecting it to be or smell like. Not sure what to think yet. I like it but can't place it. There's a spice right away and it's a clean smell but I'm not smelling much with water or anything fresh like island air, ozone, etc. Warming smell. Surprisingly strong cologne/perfume toned. Will have to see what it does when transformed.

I  highly recommend Aztecs Cactus & Sea Salt along with Coastal & Sea minerals if you like ocean sea type scents. All of these are fantastic IMO. I definitely agree Aztecs is better quality and stronger oils than NG. I love Aztec & only ordered from NG once . I got Hot orange Danish & ended up adding a few drops of orange essential oil ,to make it a tad bit stronger .I did get their famous Pumpkin crunch cake as well. I am going to blend with Aztecs pumpkin spice to see if this will help the scent throw . I recommend Aztecs Carrot cake if your looking for a spicy SWEET stronger scent  .I definitely prefer Aztecs Carrot Cake over  NG PUM C.Cake . Candlewic has some amazing oils in their Ultimate & Bold selections. Gingerbread spice cake super strong & Pumpkin ginger streusel . I just wanted to let you know definitely try the ocean types I mentioned above from Aztec ,hope this helps .

4 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I wonder if NG's quality has gone down?

I seem to find the opposite of this, and find NG scents a bit stronger than Aztec's, but it has been a few years since I've bought any new fragrances from NG. 

I've bought more fragrance oils from Aztec (42) and Nature's Garden (46) than any other suppliers and I am happy with the quality of both.  

51 minutes ago, GailC said:

I've bought more fragrance oils from Aztec (42) and Nature's Garden (46) than any other suppliers and I am happy with the quality of both.  

Good to know their (NG) quality hasn't gone down. Just other's experiences I guess... 

• Like 1

NG is really hit or miss for me in wax, but only because I like the cologne type FO that tend to be more subtle anyway. Throw was ok, just not super strong.

Almost everything I've tried from them has been eye-watering strong in soap at 5% o/w or less. Love their oils for B&B!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 10:19 PM, katmeltswax said:

I  highly recommend Aztecs Cactus & Sea Salt along with Coastal & Sea minerals if you like ocean sea type scents. All of these are fantastic IMO. I definitely agree Aztecs is better quality and stronger oils than NG. I love Aztec & only ordered from NG once . I got Hot orange Danish & ended up adding a few drops of orange essential oil ,to make it a tad bit stronger .I did get their famous Pumpkin crunch cake as well. I am going to blend with Aztecs pumpkin spice to see if this will help the scent throw . I recommend Aztecs Carrot cake if your looking for a spicy SWEET stronger scent  .I definitely prefer Aztecs Carrot Cake over  NG PUM C.Cake . Candlewic has some amazing oils in their Ultimate & Bold selections. Gingerbread spice cake super strong & Pumpkin ginger streusel . I just wanted to let you know definitely try the ocean types I mentioned above from Aztec ,hope this helps .

Thanks for all the recommendations, will definitely be ordering more from them. I do enjoy sea scents quite a bit.

On 10/5/2017 at 1:15 AM, Daisymay66 said:

I would totally love to hear your thoughts on Indigo once put in wax!! TIA

I will let you know. I'm not happy with the throw I'm getting from my wax blend cold right with the three I've made - will have to check my notes and see which fragrances I went with first. I don't think it's the FO's fault though, think it may be the wax. I haven't tried burning any of it yet. It's been sitting for at least 3 weeks and the scent is slightly stronger but still needs work. Of course I'm only used to the store bought wax tarts, which tends to be super strong.

20 hours ago, Paperbackstash said:

I will let you know. I'm not happy with the throw I'm getting from my wax blend cold right with the three I've made - will have to check my notes and see which fragrances I went with first. I don't think it's the FO's fault though, think it may be the wax. I haven't tried burning any of it yet. It's been sitting for at least 3 weeks and the scent is slightly stronger but still needs work. Of course I'm only used to the store bought wax tarts, which tends to be super strong.

I have only tried a hand full from NG ,so really not fair of me to compare the quality verses Aztecs.I love Aztecs and use many from this company .I love the sales they offer and low cost shipping.I will comment on NG Lick me all over oil ,very strong amazing scent .I also liked NG Crackling birch .

I also liked their Craklin Birch so far :)

Tonight received new five oil order from Aztec

Cactus and Sea Salt - Everyone is right, this smells amazing OOB. It's clean, a bit different, and refreshing.

Alpine Frost - Wasn't sure if I'd care for it from the description but ordered it because of the reputation, and it does smell very good. A great scent for soap

Country Lemonade - A nice lemon scent that reminds me of lemon drops candy

Mulberry - I like the smell. I remember having a mulberry over 10 years ago I loved but cant remember the supplier. Think I remember that one as being a bit better but this one smelled nice and fresh as well

Aloe and Green Clover - Hard to identify but I like the freshness of it. It has a small bit of sharpness, almost tanginess. Very soothing and fresh smell.