First Show of the Fall Season!

jackbenimble

27 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Beautiful as always Paul!   Where is the show?   Is it going on now?

So what scents are you debuting?

Trappeur

Thank you Trappeur! The show is in Midtown Atlanta at the Shriners Temple. Actually a really cool place to have a fall market. 

No new fall scents this year. They all sell great so didn't need to make anything new. I'm sure next year I'll have some new scents next year. 

Nice set up! I got so tired of craming everything into small vendor spaces that I started buying double spaces last year. It also boosted my sales. Something to think about. If its 10x10 thats all I need but those 6x8 or smaller  spaces are way too small for me.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 10:43 AM, jackbenimble said:

Is anyone else doing shows this weekend? If so good luck and I hope everyone has good sales! This is my small show display. My space is only 6x5! Lol! Ready with my fall candles!! 

IMG_0398.JPG

Awesome setup Paul! If I may inquire aboit your sign to the far right..the on with "50 HOURS" in black and white. Can you elaborate more on how you made that? Was it printed at a print shop and then framed in a white frame? It looks really professional and well made. Cheers

3 hours ago, Clear Black said:

Awesome setup Paul! If I may inquire aboit your sign to the far right..the on with "50 HOURS" in black and white. Can you elaborate more on how you made that? Was it printed at a print shop and then framed in a white frame? It looks really professional and well made. Cheers

Thank you @Clear Black! I actually did all the writing on  the chalkboard sign myself. It's very simple to do. I printed out the phrases I wanted to whatever size and then took chalk and rubbed the entire back of the paper where the writing is. Then place it on your sign where you want it and trace the outline. The chalk will  imprint on your surface and then I took permanent paint pen and filled it all in. Super simple but it is tedious. Now I have all my displays set and no need to worry about rain or smudges. Hope that helps! Let me know if you decide to do it. 

Edited by jackbenimble

4 hours ago, jackbenimble said:

Thank you @Clear Black! I actually did all the writing on  the chalkboard sign myself. It's very simple to do. I printed out the phrases I wanted to whatever size and then took chalk and rubbed the entire back of the paper where the writing is. Then place it on your sign where you want it and trace the outline. The chalk will  imprint on your surface and then I took permanent paint pen and filled it all in. Super simple but it is tedious. Now I have all my displays set and no need to worry about rain or smudges. Hope that helps! Let me know if you decide to do it. 

LOL! I CALL BS! No way that is chalk, that lettering looks so perfect and printed. LIES!!!!!! 

:D

• Haha 2

Also, those look like the 10 oz Apothecary jars am I correct? Ive seen your pictures and I think a video on YT somewhere? Anyways, they look great of course, but my question is your sign indicates they are $18 per? Am I seeing that properly? How do you do at that price-point? I am doing my very first fair in a few weeks and still am struggling where to start my pricing at.  Even tho there is a general "your cost x4"  or whatever that was...I dont think my area at least would be willing to pay for that at fairs.  I make 2 versions of a 16 ounce. One glass, one metal tin.  I was thinking of around $15 or $16.  Somewhere around a dollar per ounce....ahhhh. Not having done a fair at all this is my most worry some part.  I want to make money..but at the same time I dont want to lose sales because of too high a price. I guess I will find out soon enough huh

Edited by Clear Black

I sell my 16 oz paraffin apothecary jars at fairs for $20 each and my 5 oz for $10 each. 

I find that if you set your prices and are unapologetic about them, and don't waiver, people see your confidence and believe in your products as much as you do. 

I  used to sell 10 oz for $15, but those, I think because of the squat shape just didn't sell very well. My 16 and 5 oz candles sell out almost every show I take them to. 

I understand your concern, but you don't want to undersell yourself, because a) you need to make your money, but B) it's also much easier to lower prices than it is to raise them if your suppliers raise their prices on supplies or shipping costs. 

2 hours ago, Clear Black said:

Also, those look like the 10 oz Apothecary jars am I correct? Ive seen your pictures and I think a video on YT somewhere? Anyways, they look great of course, but my question is your sign indicates they are $18 per? Am I seeing that properly? How do you do at that price-point? I am doing my very first fair in a few weeks and still am struggling where to start my pricing at.  Even tho there is a general "your cost x4"  or whatever that was...I dont think my area at least would be willing to pay for that at fairs.  I make 2 versions of a 16 ounce. One glass, one metal tin.  I was thinking of around $15 or $16.  Somewhere around a dollar per ounce....ahhhh. Not having done a fair at all this is my most worry some part.  I want to make money..but at the same time I dont want to lose sales because of too high a price. I guess I will find out soon enough huh

Yes you are correct! I do very well at that price although 7 years ago when I first started my business I sold the same candles for $15 and gradually I have raised my price to $18. The 10oz is the only size I make and do very well at that size. 

I do agree with @Jcandleattic if you stick to your price and are confident then folks will buy your candles. Plus people want quality and are willing to pay for it. 

4 minutes ago, jackbenimble said:

Thank you very much! I get them at Lonestar Candle Supply. I love them! 

I literally JUST found them after asking! haha! (They didn't come up under suggested for those jars at first)  The jars I started out with do not have great lid options, so I'm looking into several other options, thanks!

Edited by ChristinaD
  • Like 1