Candle Jars - What Type Jars do Bath & Body works use?

Hi, I am curious if anyone is familiar with what type of jars Bath and Body works/White Barn candle Co. uses for their candles? (Also similar ones used my Signature Soy at target) I am looking for something similar and Im not even sure what to search. I put in round glass jar with wide mouth, but that is not getting me anywhere, I looked through all the jars on the most popular wholesaler websites and have been unable to locate anything that is even close. 

Also if anyone has any suggestions for places to buy jars at whole sale prices (other than just the common candle sites like: Candle Science, Lonestar, Flaming Candle, Natures Garden, Solutions, etc. I have started with the Straight side jars offered on these sites but want to branch out into a different look and they only sale my size to 9oz, so I am unable to make larger candles with my current jar)  Thanks for sharing any insight you may have =)   ** I have attached a photo of the type jar I am looking for.

il_570xN.1287282201_khz8.jpg

Edited by ChristinaD

Candle Making Supplies in California I order the 25oz clear jar with silver lid.   Don't know why they say it is 25oz because 1 pound of wax fits perfectly.  And believe it or not the shipping was really good from CA all the way to GA....They were no more expensive than some of the other companies....that everyone uses.  Now that jar width takes 3 wicks when I make them as they are big...but I'm used to double and triple wicking....so that isn't a problem for me as where most others would have a problem with it.  But check them out as they have other jars that look like what you are looking for.

Trappeur

Trappeur... we all might be talking about different jars or at least in regards to Christina's original question.

The lids you just mentioned from Candle Making supplies... I use them as well. But, they fit on my 3 wick symphony dish jars I get from Community Candle Supply (too expensive by the way).  The lids that Christina is asking about are not as wide... they are basically a tumbler that is a bit wider. 2 or 3 wicks work in them. They are popular at B&BW. I could be totally wrong or misunderstanding, but the lids you mentioned that I currently use do not fit for the jars she is asking about. At least not mine, they are way too big. I am hoping I am misunderstanding and wrong though. Ive been looking for lids for them for about a year now.

2 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

these jars are everywhere.. the issue is find lids for them.

Lonestar has them for great prices... but again, no lids. One size has the glass flat lids, which I dont like and its not for the size I want. I cant find any lids anywhere else

Yes! I felt dumb once she replied, as I HAVE seen these jars everywhere! I guess it was just the fact that none of them had lids that threw me off!  I think these may work.. but I can only find them for 1 size jar http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Large-Elegant-Embossed-Metal-Lid-per-each?sc=7&category=1818 

lid-eejar_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Candle Making Supplies in California I order the 25oz clear jar with silver lid.   Don't know why they say it is 25oz because 1 pound of wax fits perfectly.  And believe it or not the shipping was really good from CA all the way to GA....They were no more expensive than some of the other companies....that everyone uses.  Now that jar width takes 3 wicks when I make them as they are big...but I'm used to double and triple wicking....so that isn't a problem for me as where most others would have a problem with it.  But check them out as they have other jars that look like what you are looking for.

Trappeur

I posted a picture of the "type" lid I was looking for .. They are more "pop on" not the screw on metal ones. I was looking for plain, but I found some that are as similar with embossing- but only for 1 size jar http://www.candlesandsupplies.net/Large-Elegant-Embossed-Metal-Lid-per-each?sc=7&category=1818

Edited by ChristinaD

14.25 oz from lonestar are 4in in dia, and the lids say they fit the 4in dia jars.. so should work for these ...

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_libbey-candle-bowl-14.25oz.html

But what do you think about the 22oz jar? it's only 3.75 did, but the lids have a rubber gasket... think it would just fit loosely? or be way too large?

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_libbey-cylinder-jar-22oz.html

I know I could just get them and try them out, but I do not want to purchase these jars unless I can find a lid I like, as to me, that is what gives them the look I am going for. I purchased a soy candle with this type lid and the jar fit nicely inside of it while burning, which is another plus IMO.

I prefer plain, but the embossing isn't a deal breaker for me.

Edited by ChristinaD

@ChristinaD I think you may be right on the embossed lids. They COULD fit the 14oz jar from lonestar. According to the size, they should. However, I looked at these lids when they first came out and I cant remember why I didn't like them (or decide to get them). There had to be a reason because I am almost always willing to try something new (bad habit).

i bet that would be too lose for the 22oz jar though with smaller diameter.

I remember part of the issue now after looking at them again. Lids aren't too expensive I suppose but with shipping they are. to get 60 lids its $30 in shipping to the midwest! Thats ridiculous. From every other supplier I could order 40 bottles of fragrance, lids, wicks, etc for that shipping. Shipping shouldn't ever be the equivalent of product cost when you are talking about lids. Lol

2 minutes ago, wthomas57 said:

I remember part of the issue now after looking at them again. Lids aren't too expensive I suppose but with shipping they are. to get 60 lids its $30 in shipping to the midwest! Thats ridiculous. From every other supplier I could order 40 bottles of fragrance, lids, wicks, etc for that shipping. Shipping shouldn't ever be the equivalent of product cost when you are talking about lids. Lol

ah! wow, yeah thats crazy! I always go to look at shipping before I decide that can be a deal breaker sometimes! Thanks for the advice =) Just starting out and there is SO much to learn!!! =)

Edited by ChristinaD

2 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

Trappeur... we all might be talking about different jars or at least in regards to Christina's original question.

The lids you just mentioned from Candle Making supplies... I use them as well. But, they fit on my 3 wick symphony dish jars I get from Community Candle Supply (too expensive by the way).  The lids that Christina is asking about are not as wide... they are basically a tumbler that is a bit wider. 2 or 3 wicks work in them. They are popular at B&BW. I could be totally wrong or misunderstanding, but the lids you mentioned that I currently use do not fit for the jars she is asking about. At least not mine, they are way too big. I am hoping I am misunderstanding and wrong though. Ive been looking for lids for them for about a year now.

I wasn't sure what size jar she was looking for.  I guess I got confused.  But I did check Candle Making Supplies and yes, like you said it is the symphony jar that I get that you have also.  Geesh I didn't know Community carried them.  I'll have to go and check them out as I need some oils from them anyway.   I did see that they offer a lid for their 10oz frosted and plain glass.  I just wish all these dang companies would offer lids....It's such a pain in the you know what.

Trappeur

46 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Did you order the jars or just the lids WThomas?  If the lids, what jar are you going to put them on as I'm interested.

Thanks!

Trappeur

Both.... like I said, bad habit. Lol

I plan to also try the lids on the 4" libbey bowls like Christina was talking about from Lonestar. Although, I need to order more of those sometime because they ones I did have are already out the door. Unless someone has a single one they want to part with. :)

3 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

Both.... like I said, bad habit. Lol

I plan to also try the lids on the 4" libbey bowls like Christina was talking about from Lonestar. Although, I need to order more of those sometime because they ones I did have are already out the door. Unless someone has a single one they want to part with. :)

That's just like something I would do.....lol

Being that we are talking about these embossed lids, you know I put up another post talking about them and the jars that come with them.  I don't want to burst your bubble or anything but I called C&S today asking about these lids as well as the beautiful jars that you can also order with them and the jars and lids are only available for a limited time....darn.....once they are gone, they're gone.....Just what you wanted to hear.....sigh....I'm going to order the blue jars with these lids for an account I have and it will only be a "Limited Edition" for me...since they won't be available all the time.

Trappeur

• 2 weeks later...

I found these on candle science, but they are smaller than the B&B jars and there are no other sizes that are in the same "collection". I don't know how bad the shipping is compared to other suppliers and jars, my husband usually deals with that and we are just getting started so we're still testing the waters a bit.  I've spent way too many hours looking for metal lids so if anyone does come across other options please let me know!

Jar: https://www.candlescience.com/containers/straight-sided-tumbler-jar
lid: https://www.candlescience.com/containers/silver-metal-flat-lid

Yea, I understand. These were the only ones I could find even in any size. I'm having a hard time finding metal lids for anything really. I know the B&B jars well as they are a favorite look of mine as well. Does that mean you know of other sizes with metal lids that aren't the B&B size? if so would you mind messaging them to me? I don't want to clutter up her thread in case someone else has a lead on the larger ones.