Packed and ready for the 1st craft show of the season

Candybee

So I finally got everything packed in the car making last minute checks to make sure I had all my tablecloths, signage, products, etc. At the last minute I realized I left my extra tables at my market stall. So I had to run down to Walmart and buy another 6' table. It was kind of a blessing as I stopped for gas. If I hadn't stopped for gas I wouldn't be able to get it in the morning. I have to leave before 5 am and the gas stations don't open until later.

Here is a sneak peak at this years fall candles. I have been wanting to use the orange lids for quite a while and finally got them. I made up labels to match the lids so they have a real nice fall appeal. Wish me luck! Will try to post pics of my set up tomorrow.

59b31adbba227_Fallcandles2017(2).thumb.jpg.cca819fc1a521e111d538191d83992b7.jpg

• Like 11

Beautiful!  Your orange lids match you labels perfectly.

Wished I did a palm candle......I have never even burned a palm candle.

Knock em dead!  MLOM!  (Make lots of money)...My mother used to stand in the door as I was leaving for work every day and wave goodbye to me and wave and yell out MLOM! (GO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY...) LOL

Trappeur

• Like 1

Thanks for looking. I did really well today and Trappeur I MLOM!!!!! Yippee!!!

I was so busy I didn't have time to take pics. The day went by in a flash and I am exhausted. I have my Sunday market tomorrow so maybe I might have time to take some pics. Will see.

• Like 1

So far for candles it was apple cinnamon (my own blend). Funny, last year I couldn't give it away! Oh and my mulberry spice, the blend I make with CS mulberry and Peaks Amish Harvest. Don't know what I am going to do when I run out of Amish Harvest!

For soap my juniper aloe facial bars followed by my lavender cotton (another custom blend of mine) silk & shea soap.

Awesome candles!  I'm with J - love palm candles, but I haven't made any since last fall.  Time to get on the stick. :)  I usually make us some palm pillars for fall and Christmas.  May have to try some CB palm this year. 

Super happy you sold a ton!  My first show is in a couple of weeks.  Fingers crossed that I do as well as you did. :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2017 at 2:49 AM, moonshine said:

Stunning candy!! Gorgeous candles and labels 

go get em and post more pics if you can 

I am still working with palm and wicking with my jars and I have to say .....they make a beautiful  candle ❤️

I too have been wanting to try making palm candles. I only have some feather palm at home so Im wondering if that would work in a jar. Any special tips on 

making them. I know Ive read that you heat to 200+ and pour hot. Which wicks have you tried ? The colors are stunning in Candy's jars with a beautiful design . 

The glass glow I have made a couple dozen and they are beautiful but only seem to like taller narrow jars 

CSN wicks work the best and RRD do a pretty decent job 

gorgeous candles but I'm still learning the curve  myself and had to put them on the back burner figuring out my soy dilemma 

Edited by moonshine

11 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I too have been wanting to try making palm candles. I only have some feather palm at home so Im wondering if that would work in a jar. Any special tips on 

making them. I know Ive read that you heat to 200+ and pour hot. Which wicks have you tried ? The colors are stunning in Candy's jars with a beautiful design . 

I don't think feather palm will give you what you want in a jar. It's typically a pillar wax, and I tried it in a jar once, and the pattern didn't come through because I couldn't keep the jar hot enough long enough for the pattern to come out. and it pulled completely away from the sides as well. If I were you I'd get some glass glow, or some other type of container palm to try. 

I have had the best luck with CD's in my palm wax, both containers and pillars. I tried the CSN's but just couldn't get them to burn right. But that's just been my experience - looks like @moonshine has had success with the CSN's. 

• Thanks 1

So I did my first show of the season this past weekend.  Sales were so slow the first day -- I made a bunch of crocheted pot scrubbers.  LOL  The second day, sales REALLY picked up.  There were times I had lines of customers waiting to check out.  (Yay!)  Most candle buyers bought at least 3, if not more.  Big sellers in candles were clove, spice, pumpkin, cinnamon, and apples.  No shock there.  My best selling soap was my Lemongrass Scrubber.  Go figure -- I would peg that one as more of a spring/summer (gardening season) soap.  No complaints, though. :)  Overall, good sales.  My dd and dh did the farmer's market for me because I had the show the same day.  So we MLOM!  ;-)

• Like 1

My first show was on Oct. 7th (a one day show) and I sold almost all of what I brought. The show ended at 4, but by 3 my table looked empty, no matter how I tried to reorganize everything. Next year, I really do need to make more so I can bring more. 

I can't really say what the best seller was, because almost everything sold, but what I can say as to what didn't sell - pretty much anything floral, and my cute little Halloween candles. That one is a big mystery to me as to why the jars alone didn't sell those, but it's the 2nd year in a row that they have just sat on my table during my October show. So, those went to my niece(in-law) and nephew. They are always wanting candles, and come by the house about once every couple months to pick some up, so screw it, they get cute candles, and I don't have to deal with lugging them around again. LOL  

Now, hopefully I do just as well at my November show... :) (it's a 2-day show and I'm bringing almost 5x as much as I did to this show) We'll see how it goes... 

• Like 1

I still have several fall shows then some Christmas shows to do before I am done. I will be working craft shows every weekend up to Dec 24 or Christmas Eve. I am still up in the air about the final Christmas Eve Holiday market. Depends on how I feel that week. Just not sure I want to work the day before Christmas. But I will be working every weekend up until then.

• Like 1