Re: Best/Strongest Birrhday Cake FO

Marleigha

On 9/9/2017 at 3:24 AM, Marleigha said:

Ahhh... So her Ice Cream Scoop Bread is kinda light though?  Is there anyone else that sells an Ice Cream Scoop Bread?  I thought that one would be a good grab for mixing.  

Now for the Cotton Candy Frosting I heard it was strong.  Do you think I'd better off getting cotton candy super strong?  What one of those smells stronger?  Then Pink Sugar, may I ask where you typically like Pink Sugar from the best?  

And then lastly, do you have favorites from ICS OR FB as well?  Thanks so much for your help!  Truly appreciated!  ?

IMO Cotton Candy Super Strong is just that, stronger. My favorite Pink sugar is from ICS. Needs a very long cure in 464 but its so - so good. Others I like from ICS : Lemon ice-box

cookie - Cranberry Orange Spice - zucchini bread (super strong) and pumpkin zucchini bread - Sugared Vanilla Shortbread - Wildberry Mousse - Strawberry White Cake 

Her coffees are popular on here but Im not a fan, Its my opinion so don't let that stop you from trying them, you might be like everyone else + love them. I like flavored 

coffee scents : CS Hazelnut Vanilla WSP also has a good hazelnut Vanilla + a good Cotton Candy + VBN is awesome ! Regarding lavender, I still haven't found one 

I love although I just use the one from CS. Id like to find one thats a tad sweeter most are very herbaceous to me.

Edited by Moonstar

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

IMO Cotton Candy Super Strong is just that, stronger. My favorite Pink sugar is from ICS. Needs a very long cure in 464 but its so - so good. Others I like from ICS : Lemon ice-box

cookie - Cranberry Orange Spice - zucchini bread (super strong) and pumpkin zucchini bread - Sugared Vanilla Shortbread - Wildberry Mousse - Strawberry White Cake 

Her coffees are popular on here but Im not a fan, Its my opinion so don't let that stop you from trying them, you might be like everyone else + love them. I like flavored 

coffee scents : CS Hazelnut Vanilla WSP also has a good hazelnut Vanilla + a good Cotton Candy + VBN is awesome ! Regarding lavender, I still haven't found one 

I love although I just use the one from CS. Id like to find one thats a tad sweeter most are very herbaceous to me.

Thank you Moonstar!  I always hear people talking about cotton candy frosting being a good mixer so was going to grab CC frosting from JS.  Now in your opinion do you think JS cotton candy super

strong is better or do you think WSP cotton candy is best?  I'm thinking maybe WSP Cotton Candy may take that one but I'm just guessing..... But do you know of anyone who has a better CC frosting than JS?  

What at about an ice cream scoop bread?  That's one I really would like to try as well. I am currently using 464 with NG POB although it's okay... I think I will soon be going to a straight soy and paraffin 50/50 mix.  

There are are a few others I would like your opinions on if you don't mind... 

Leaves type- JS vs. FC?  (Or any other

suggestions)

Golden Sands- JS vs FC?  (Or any other suggestions) 

Strawberry White Cake- JS vs ICS

Sweater Weather- ?

What were your personal favs from Peak?  I'm so excited that we will soon be able to order them again!!!  Sorry for all the questions, I just know you, Trappeur, Belinda, Gail and a few others are some of the sweetest most helpful ladies on this forum so it's a blessing to be able to get advice from you all!  😇

7 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Thank you Moonstar!  I always hear people talking about cotton candy frosting being a good mixer so was going to grab CC frosting from JS.  Now in your opinion do you think JS cotton candy super

strong is better or do you think WSP cotton candy is best?  I'm thinking maybe WSP Cotton Candy may take that one but I'm just guessing..... But do you know of anyone who has a better CC frosting than JS?  

What at about an ice cream scoop bread?  That's one I really would like to try as well. I am currently using 464 with NG POB although it's okay... I think I will soon be going to a straight soy and paraffin 50/50 mix.  

There are are a few others I would like your opinions on if you don't mind... 

Leaves type- JS vs. FC?  (Or any other

suggestions)

Golden Sands- JS vs FC?  (Or any other suggestions) 

Strawberry White Cake- JS vs ICS

Sweater Weather- ?

What were your personal favs from Peak?  I'm so excited that we will soon be able to order them again!!!  Sorry for all the questions, I just know you, Trappeur, Belinda, Gail and a few others are some of the sweetest most helpful ladies on this forum so it's a blessing to be able to get advice from you all!  😇

I know that you weren’t directing this to me, but I figured I would chime in here, because I have both the Super Strong & the Cotton Candy Frosting :)

I would say that it all depends on what you’re looking for - extra great throw, or a more realistic cotton candy. I absolutely adore both oils ! Both are realistic but to me, something about the Cotton Candy Frosting is more so...

The Frosting is in the background, giving it a little kick of sweetness & somehow it comes off as fresh, real spun sugar from a carnival. I find the throw on it to be pretty strong, but not quite as strong as Cotton Candy Super Strong, which makes sense because that’s the point of it, lol.

if you can afford both, I actually recommend it, they are both worth having ! I reach for both very often. I use the Super Strong when I blend with oils that are stronger, so that you can still smell the cotton candy in those blends, and the frosting for things like white cake, lemons, etc. 

I have WSP Cotton Candy also, it smells spot on ! I haven’t poured any yet, though, but I can’t think of any WSP oil that didn’t throw well for me, so far.

• Thanks 1

@Marleigha  I don't use Leaves  or Golden Sands So I can't be of much help, sorry :( Strawberry White is good from both but Ive ordered more from ICS so if I need 

that one I order from ICS so Im not paying shipping twice. If your ordering from different places anyhow Id get 1oz samples so you can decide yourself. What Ive 

found is when comparing FO from say JS or ICS OOB they might smell the same, or very similar but perform differently in wax. I like the Cotton Candy from WSP but you

might prefer the one from JS, its really personal preference. My favorite Cotton Candy is from MMS The Sage but its very expensive and the one from WSP is very close 

to that one. Ive never seen cotton candy frosting anywhere but JS but Ive also never looked aggressively so it might be out there IDK ? Same with ice cream scoop bread

not sure who if anyone else carries it ? And Sweater Weather I've never tried or used from anyone - Hope that helps :) 

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2017 at 12:05 AM, Marleigha said:

Wow!  First and foremost, THANK YOU for all of your help!  You have tried so many FO's from many suppliers!  So great that you have such a large amount of knowledge with them!  Do you keep a log so you know what ones you have or haven't tried also?   

Is there a for sale area on this forum that ladies destash stuff?  That would be great!   

Check out the classifieds forum on this site : )

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

I know that you weren’t directing this to me, but I figured I would chime in here, because I have both the Super Strong & the Cotton Candy Frosting :)

I would say that it all depends on what you’re looking for - extra great throw, or a more realistic cotton candy. I absolutely adore both oils ! Both are realistic but to me, something about the Cotton Candy Frosting is more so...

The Frosting is in the background, giving it a little kick of sweetness & somehow it comes off as fresh, real spun sugar from a carnival. I find the throw on it to be pretty strong, but not quite as strong as Cotton Candy Super Strong, which makes sense because that’s the point of it, lol.

if you can afford both, I actually recommend it, they are both worth having ! I reach for both very often. I use the Super Strong when I blend with oils that are stronger, so that you can still smell the cotton candy in those blends, and the frosting for things like white cake, lemons, etc. 

I have WSP Cotton Candy also, it smells spot on ! I haven’t poured any yet, though, but I can’t think of any WSP oil that didn’t throw well for me, so far.

Thank you sooooo.... much for chiming in and giving me your feedback on them.  It is truly appreciated!  Okay so I think I will stick to the cotton candy frosting and then go ahead and grab either the super

strong from JS also or perhaps the CC from WSP.  I have actually smelled WSP's cotton candy because I live about 30 minutes from WSP.  Out of the 2 cotton candy super strong from JS and WSP cotton candy which do you think is strongest?  I'm wondering if I will even use the CC frosting as much as the regular cotton candy too.  Ugh!  Decisions decisions.  😬

Have you you used the cake batter ice cream or ice cream scoop bread from JS? What about their Leaves Type?  I'm up in the air as to if I should get leaves type from FC or JS.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Moonstar said:

@Marleigha  I don't use Leaves  or Golden Sands So I can't be of much help, sorry :( Strawberry White is good from both but Ive ordered more from ICS so if I need 

that one I order from ICS so Im not paying shipping twice. If your ordering from different places anyhow Id get 1oz samples so you can decide yourself. What Ive 

found is when comparing FO from say JS or ICS OOB they might smell the same, or very similar but perform differently in wax. I like the Cotton Candy from WSP but you

might prefer the one from JS, its really personal preference. My favorite Cotton Candy is from MMS The Sage but its very expensive and the one from WSP is very close 

to that one. Ive never seen cotton candy frosting anywhere but JS but Ive also never looked aggressively so it might be out there IDK ? Same with ice cream scoop bread

not sure who if anyone else carries it ? And Sweater Weather I've never tried or used from anyone - Hope that helps :) 

A big help Moonstar! THANK YOU!   I think I will go ahead and get the CC from WSP.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Thank you sooooo.... much for chiming in and giving me your feedback on them.  It is truly appreciated!  Okay so I think I will stick to the cotton candy frosting and then go ahead and grab either the super

strong from JS also or perhaps the CC from WSP.  I have actually smelled WSP's cotton candy because I live about 30 minutes from WSP.  Out of the 2 cotton candy super strong from JS and WSP cotton candy which do you think is strongest?  I'm wondering if I will even use the CC frosting as much as the regular cotton candy too.  Ugh!  Decisions decisions.  😬

Have you you used the cake batter ice cream or ice cream scoop bread from JS? What about their Leaves Type?  I'm up in the air as to if I should get leaves type from FC or JS.  

Well first of all, I am absolutely green with envy that you love that close to WSP ! Lol. I am fortunate enough to live maybe 3 hours away. I live in PA, right across the Ohio border, where East Palestine is, so I always get the packages the very next day when they ship :)

But, Lord, if I lived 30 minutes away I would be there alllll the time 😂 They would get a restraining order, haha. One of my fave supplier for oils ! 

The Cotton Candy Super Strong definitely has the edge in strength, at least IME, over the Frosting. But, the Cotton Candy Frosting certainly isn’t weak, either !

i haven’t tried the others that you asked about from JS, I’m sorry :( Random, but...since you seem to love cotton candy as much as me, lol, have you ever blended blood orange with cotton candy ?? It is DIVINE !

i used to get it in Bath & body scents from an etailer years ago & decided to recreate it for melts & candles. I get the Blood Orange essential oil from WSP. If you ever try it, be sure to get the blood orange EO, not the FO.

i made the mistake of picking up the FO last time & it is absolutely not the same at all. But it is a delicious cotton candy blend to keep in mind :) People tend to love it.

Edited by WaxingPoetic

5 hours ago, Marleigha said:

A big help Moonstar! THANK YOU!   I think I will go ahead and get the CC from WSP.  

Your welcome :) I think you'll really like the CC from WSP + its very reasonably priced. Another FO /WSP that is so incredibly realistic is Jelly Donut.

I don't like most strawberry or jelly type scents IMO they tend to smell very fake + cheap. This one I can't get over how realistic it is. Its more $$ but so worth it.

I forgot do you make candles or wax melts ? I saw these interesting wicks this morning, Im curious as to how they work. Hopefully someone that uses  these wicks

will see this post and chime in :) 

https://www.northwoodcandlesupply.com/collections/candle-wicks/products/ribbon-wick-sample-pack

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Your welcome :) I think you'll really like the CC from WSP + its very reasonably priced. Another FO /WSP that is so incredibly realistic is Jelly Donut.

I don't like most strawberry or jelly type scents IMO they tend to smell very fake + cheap. This one I can't get over how realistic it is. Its more $$ but so worth it.

I forgot do you make candles or wax melts ? I saw these interesting wicks this morning, Im curious as to how they work. Hopefully someone that uses  these wicks

https://www.northwoodcandlesupply.com/collections/candle-wicks/products/ribbon-wick-sample-pack

I wholeheartedly agree with the WSP Jelly Doughnut suggestion. Absolutely spot on, realistic & delicious smelling

• Like 1

Yes WSP Jelly Donut the Amazing imo. Floral  fans WSP  WONDERFUL  Hydrangea as well. I love Aztecs Birthday Cake ,very realistic and strong :) I have some WSP CC ,may have to get this one in the wax soon ,have heard great reviews on this one. May try Aztecs birthday cake +  WSP Cotton Candy blend ,sounds yummy .I love to blend oils.

15 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Well first of all, I am absolutely green with envy that you love that close to WSP ! Lol. I am fortunate enough to live maybe 3 hours away. I live in PA, right across the Ohio border, where East Palestine is, so I always get the packages the very next day when they ship :)

But, Lord, if I lived 30 minutes away I would be there alllll the time 😂 They would get a restraining order, haha. One of my fave supplier for oils ! 

The Cotton Candy Super Strong definitely has the edge in strength, at least IME, over the Frosting. But, the Cotton Candy Frosting certainly isn’t weak, either !

i haven’t tried the others that you asked about from JS, I’m sorry :( Random, but...since you seem to love cotton candy as much as me, lol, have you ever blended blood orange with cotton candy ?? It is DIVINE !

i used to get it in Bath & body scents from an etailer years ago & decided to recreate it for melts & candles. I get the Blood Orange essential oil from WSP. If you ever try it, be sure to get the blood orange EO, not the FO.

i made the mistake of picking up the FO last time & it is absolutely not the same at all. But it is a delicious cotton candy blend to keep in mind :) People tend to love it.

😂😂😂 @ They would get a restraining order!  My husband always says your going there AGAIN!  Lol   I also live about 15 minutes from Natures Garden and about 40 minutes fof on Bulk Apothecary.... So I do visit WSP and NG a lot.  I have not yet visited BA but want to.  I love strong scents, so your opinion on the cotton candy ones.....

Do you think you would prefer cotton candy super strong over the WSP cotton candy or no?  Maybe I should just try one cotton candy for now.  Or would you still suggest I go ahead and get the cotton candy frosting too?  I just don't like when they are too faint.  😬  Any other favs from JS or NG?  

14 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Oh wow!  It sounds good.  I will have to smell that one when I go this next Friday!  So fun to be able to smell them first!  

I jist make wax melts, no candles.  Sorry I couldn't help you with the wicks.  What wax do you use and do you make melts also or just candles?  If so, have you used the jelly donut to make melts?  How is the throw?  

14 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

I wholeheartedly agree with the WSP Jelly Doughnut suggestion. Absolutely spot on, realistic & delicious smelling

Oh Great!  Now do you make melts also?  How would rate the scent throw on it?  And what wax do you use if you don't mind me asking.  TFS!  

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

Yes WSP Jelly Donut the Amazing imo. Floral  fans WSP  WONDERFUL  Hydrangea as well. I love Aztecs Birthday Cake ,very realistic and strong :) I have some WSP CC ,may have to get this one in the wax soon ,have heard great reviews on this one. May try Aztecs birthday cake +  WSP Cotton Candy blend ,sounds yummy .I love to blend oils.

See and that's what you all got me thinking is if I mix a nice birthday cake with a nice string cotton candy maybe I could achieve the CC frosting?  Anyone that has used CC frosting agree?  Just trying to save when I can if possible of course 

😂😂😂 @ They would get a restraining order!  My husband always says your going there AGAIN!  Lol   I also live about 15 minutes from Natures Garden and about 40 minutes fof on Bulk Apothecary.... So I do visit WSP and NG a lot.  I have not yet visited BA but want to.  I love strong scents, so your opinion on the cotton candy ones.....

Do you think you would prefer cotton candy super strong over the WSP cotton candy or no?  Maybe I should just try one cotton candy for now.  Or would you still suggest I go ahead and get the cotton candy frosting too?  I just don't like when they are too faint.  😬  Any other favs from JS or NG?  

I’ve unfortunately never tried NG or Bulk Apothecary yet but I always intended to, one of these days ! I wish I could be more help on the WSP Cotton Candy but I haven’t actually poured that one yet ! I need to do that soon, because it does smell exactly like MMS Cotton Candy, which I love ! 

If you only only try one cotton candy right now, I would suggest the Super Strong ! And ohhhhh for JS suggestions, I never got a bad one yet ! My absolute faves so far, aside from the two cotton candy oils, would be :

Blue Cotton Candy

Creme De Menthe, if you like dessert type mints, do yourself a favor, sister !! I could literally inhale that all day, lol.

Cherry Slushie, which you would adore, based on you wanting strong scents ! This will blow you away, & it’s super realistic AND super cheap !

Bazooka Bubble Gum

Caramel Apple, which is not only super strong, but it’s the best caramel apple I tried so far !

Oh Great!  Now do you make melts also?  How would rate the scent throw on it?  And what wax do you use if you don't mind me asking.  TFS!  

I do make melts, that is the main things that I make these days ! I use the votive / tart parasoy blend from The Flaming Candle, I am very happy with that wax. Pretty much anything I order from them is top notch :)

I got reallly good scent throw in my melts with the Jelly Doughnut !

• Like 1

See and that's what you all got me thinking is if I mix a nice birthday cake with a nice string cotton candy maybe I could achieve the CC frosting?  Anyone that has used CC frosting agree?  Just trying to save when I can if possible of course 

If you’re looking to save, & that’s the scent that you want, JS does happen to have a Cotton Candy Frosted Cake oil ! I can’t help you with that one because I never ordered it ( yet, lol ) but I bet someone on here has ! 

There is someone on here who always has a huge list of JS oils that she’s tried & she is always so very helpful...I wish I could think of who, exactly, but I am nowhere near caffeinated enough to properly think, lol

• Like 1

Flaming Candle birthday cake is awesome!  The throw is intense!  I've used it as one of my testers cause it's such a good thrower. 

For me it is  more of a surgery, buttercream scent with some almond and cherry base notes.  Some cake to it, but more of the previous notes, than just cake. It not one that smells too good out of the bottle.....you have to try it in wax to get its full scent profile. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WaxingPoetic said:

I’ve unfortunately never tried NG or Bulk Apothecary yet but I always intended to, one of these days ! I wish I could be more help on the WSP Cotton Candy but I haven’t actually poured that one yet ! I need to do that soon, because it does smell exactly like MMS Cotton Candy, which I love ! 

If you only only try one cotton candy right now, I would suggest the Super Strong ! And ohhhhh for JS suggestions, I never got a bad one yet ! My absolute faves so far, aside from the two cotton candy oils, would be :

Blue Cotton Candy

Creme De Menthe, if you like dessert type mints, do yourself a favor, sister !! I could literally inhale that all day, lol.

Cherry Slushie, which you would adore, based on you wanting strong scents ! This will blow you away, & it’s super realistic AND super cheap !

Bazooka Bubble Gum

Caramel Apple, which is not only super strong, but it’s the best caramel apple I tried so far !

Wow good to know!  But oh no.... another cotton candy one that's good?  Lol Okay so you think cc super strong is the one to get then?  Good to know.  What is your wax blend that you use?  Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nickie said:

Flaming Candle birthday cake is awesome!  The throw is intense!  I've used it as one of my testers cause it's such a good thrower. 

For me it is  more of a surgery, buttercream scent with some almond and cherry base notes.  Some cake to it, but more of the previous notes, than just cake. It not one that smells too good out of the bottle.....you have to try it in wax to get its full scent profile. 

Thank you Nickie!  I appreciate your feedback.  👌🏼💕

6 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Wow good to know!  But oh no.... another cotton candy one that's good?  Lol Okay so you think cc super strong is the one to get then?  Good to know.  What is your wax blend that you use?  Thanks for sharing.  

If I had to choose only one to start with, I would choose the Super Strong, because like you, I want a strong throw :) 

i use the parasoy tart / votive blend from The Flaming Candle & I love it ! 

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Like 1