Re: Best/Strongest Birrhday Cake FO

Marleigha

Hello everyone!  I just found this group about a month ago and have been reading quite a few posts.  It's so great that you all are so helpful and kind to one another!  I feel blessed to have found this group!

I've been searching high and low for the best birthday cake FO.  I have heard good things about the following:

Just Scent

Rustic Escentuals

The Flaming Candle

Please let me know what one you all think is the strongest best smelling birthday cake.  Thanks so much!  ?

• Like 1

Thank you Trappeur!  I appreciate your response.  I was so worried when I first posted that I wasn't making the post in the right place.  So glad to see I did it properly.  

I'm actually looking for a few bakery scents and also a good pink sugar.... 

Of course the birthday cake and then Lemon Pound Cake, Strawberry Cake, and maybe a nice creamy coffee fragrance oil.  Not a plain coffee... a nice creamy coffe of some kind.  Perhaps vanilla, hazelnut or something.  Any suggestions on those?  Thanks again!  

2 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

Yes Rustic Escentuals Birthday Cake  from KY I second that one

Barbara, not to sway on this subject, but I ordered those 2 woodsy scents from Flaming that you said worked great together. I went off your suggestion and ordered a pound of each....Going to make for my 3 accounts....

Ok back to this post.

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbara AL said:

Yes Rustic Escentuals Birthday Cake  from KY I second that one

Thank you Barbara!  So the KY birthday cake from RE.... Is it mainly white cake or is it a lot of frosting also?  

I'm getting ready to order from JS, RE, and TFC, so I'm really happy that I've already received a few responses.  Fingers crossed they keep on coming.  ??

3 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Thank you Trappeur!  I appreciate your response.  I was so worried when I first posted that I wasn't making the post in the right place.  So glad to see I did it properly.  

I'm actually looking for a few bakery scents and also a good pink sugar.... 

Of course the birthday cake and then Lemon Pound Cake, Strawberry Cake, and maybe a nice creamy coffee fragrance oil.  Not a plain coffee... a nice creamy coffe of some kind.  Perhaps vanilla, hazelnut or something.  Any suggestions on those?  Thanks again!  

What wax are you using Marleigha?

Candle Science Favorites:

Snickerdoodle

Hansel and Gretal

Banana Nut Bread

Hazelnut Coffee

Trappeur

Hi Trappeur!  I am using my own parasoy blend (464/paraffin) 

i do have 2 of the 4 from CS that you mentioned.  (Hansel & Gretels House & Banana Nut Bread). I did have my eye on snickerdoodle and hazelnut coffee but haven't ordered from them again yet.  

I will be placing an order from RE, JS & TFC this coming week sometime... Are there any favorites from each of those places that you couldn't be without?  

I've tried several lavenders and can't seem to find one with a good throw!   

28 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Thank you Barbara!  So the KY birthday cake from RE.... Is it mainly white cake or is it a lot of frosting also?  

I'm getting ready to order from JS, RE, and TFC, so I'm really happy that I've already received a few responses.  Fingers crossed they keep on coming.  ??

I third RE's birthday cake but I also like JS birthday cake. Hers is the same one from FB in my opinion.

JS has great coffee scents. I love coffee and ice cream 

Candle Science has a good lemon pound cake. I'm not sure if I've ever tried JS lemon pound cake but right now you can get a sample cheap. 

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Belinda said:

I third RE's birthday cake but I also like JS birthday cake. Hers is the same one from FB in my opinion.

JS has great coffee scents. I love coffee and ice cream 

Candle Science has a good lemon pound cake. I'm not sure if I've ever tried JS lemon pound cake but right now you can get a sample cheap. 

Hope this helps!

Oh yay!   Belinda..... You are one of the ladies I noticed has tried quite a few from JS!  You are actually the reason I started looking for good coffee ones in the first place.  ?  

So out of the JS coffee ice cream or FC Irish cream coffee what one do you think smells then best?  So then out of the RE KY Birtbday Cake and the JS Birthday Cake what one has the best smell with the strongest scent throw?  So excited!  Here are the ones from JS that is in my cart right now.   Do you agree with these choices for strong scent throw?

Strawberry white Cake

Coffee Ice cream

Cherry Slushie

Cantaloupe

Birthday Cake

Pink Sugar

Golden Sands

Cotton Candy Frosting

Blonde Moment

Those are all the 16 oz size.  I would

like to try a few others in the 1 oz since they are only $1.50 until the 10th.  ?  Ohhhhh.... I almost forgot!  Have you tried their Ice Cream Scoop Bread?  If so... what are your thoughts on it?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonstar said:

I used to use Peaks birthday cake 

now I use RE 's . They have 2 

cakes on there . I use the KY version. Not sure what the difference is between the two 

Oh hello Moonstar!  Gosh, getting to get direct answers from you all is so great!  So is KY Birthday Cake holding up well in your wax?  What wax do you use?  

1 minute ago, Marleigha said:

i do have 2 of the 4 from CS that you mentioned.  (Hansel & Gretels House & Banana Nut Bread). I did have my eye on snickerdoodle and hazelnut coffee but haven't ordered from them again yet.  

I will be placing an order from RE, JS & TFC this coming week sometime... Are there any favorites from each of those places that you couldn't be without?  

My favorites from JS are:

Coffee & Ice Cream

Absolutely Fabulous Cake

Birthday Cake

Buttercream Sugar Cookie

Buttery Gingerbread

Butter Pecan Sandies

Snicker Doodle

Blue Cotton Candy

Caramel Cinnamon Latte

Cinnamon Crunch Cake

Cardamom Spice Cake

Honey Gingerbread

Marshmallow Fireside

My Mama's blueberry cobbler

Orange caramel crumble

Strawberry White Cake

Starbucks peppermint mocha

RE:

Birthday Cake

Welcome Home

Pumpkin Pie Spice

Pumpkin Cream Brulee

Banana walnut cake

Caramel Pretzel bar

Christmas Fantasy

Grandma's cupboard

Southern pecan pie

Key Lime

Red Lipstick

Rustic Lodge

Santa's whiskers

Sweet Potato spice

Toasted Marshmallow

Tis the season

Vanilla Butter fudge

Flaming:

Sweet Strawberry

Apple Ginger Crust

Bite me

Floral muse

Leaves

Pumpkin Apple butter

Raw sugar mandarin

Salted caramel

Sugared pralines

vanilla pumpkin marshmallow

16 minutes ago, Marleigha said:

Oh yay!   Belinda..... You are one of the ladies I noticed has tried quite a few from JS!  You are actually the reason I started looking for good coffee ones in the first place.  ?  

So out of the JS coffee ice cream or FC Irish cream coffee what one do you think smells then best?  So then out of the RE KY Birtbday Cake and the JS Birthday Cake what one has the best smell with the strongest scent throw?  So excited!  Here are the ones from JS that is in my cart right now.   Do you agree with these choices for strong scent throw?

Strawberry white Cake

Coffee Ice cream

Cherry Slushie

Cantaloupe

Birthday Cake

Pink Sugar

Golden Sands

Cotton Candy Frosting

Blonde Moment

Those are all the 16 oz size.  I would

like to try a few others in the 1 oz since they are only $1.50 until the 10th.  ?  Ohhhhh.... I almost forgot!  Have you tried their Ice Cream Scoop Bread?  If so... what are your thoughts on it?  

Coffee Ice Cream is a great thrower and I love the smell of it. I haven't put Flaming's irish cream coffee in wax yet but it does smell good OOB. I would probably go with Coffee Ice Cream though.

I actually don't like the smell of KY birthday cake. I do like the one that's labeled a best seller even though it has the least amount of feedback. To my nose, the birthday cake from RE and JS smell very similar.

On your list from JS I love strawberry white cake, Blonde Moment, Cotton Candy frosting (a little light to my nose but good), cherrie slushy, and I think I've smelled a sample of Pink sugar and it was good. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones you have picked out.

I do have her Ice Cream Scoop bread and it does smell good. I would say it's a light to medium thrower. 

I'm glad I inspired you to try coffee scents! LOL! You'll love the ones you're thinking about getting. 

1 hour ago, Marleigha said:

Who is TFC?   Flaming Candle?

Trappeur

Talking about ice cream .....ok, my most favorite fragrance in the world right now is Summer Scoop from Flaming.  It is a bomb in 464.  I have 4 candles going right now....the scent lingers when put out and I walk through the house without even a lit candle and I smell it all the time...love it so much!

Trappeur

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Belinda said:

Coffee Ice Cream is a great thrower and I love the smell of it. I haven't put Flaming's irish cream coffee in wax yet but it does smell good OOB. I would probably go with Coffee Ice Cream though.

I actually don't like the smell of KY birthday cake. I do like the one that's labeled a best seller even though it has the least amount of feedback. To my nose, the birthday cake from RE and JS smell very similar.

On your list from JS I love strawberry white cake, Blonde Moment, Cotton Candy frosting (a little light to my nose but good), cherrie slushy, and I think I've smelled a sample of Pink sugar and it was good. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ones you have picked out.

I do have her Ice Cream Scoop bread and it does smell good. I would say it's a light to medium thrower. 

I'm glad I inspired you to try coffee scents! LOL! You'll love the ones you're thinking about getting. 

Ahhh... So her Ice Cream Scoop Bread is kinda light though?  Is there anyone else that sells an Ice Cream Scoop Bread?  I thought that one would be a good grab for mixing.  

Now for the Cotton Candy Frosting I heard it was strong.  Do you think I'd better off getting cotton candy super strong?  What one of those smells stronger?  Then Pink Sugar, may I ask where you typically like Pink Sugar from the best?  

And then lastly, do you have favorites from ICS OR FB as well?  Thanks so much for your help!  Truly appreciated!  ?

6 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Talking about ice cream .....ok, my most favorite fragrance in the world right now is Summer Scoop from Flaming.  It is a bomb in 464.  I have 4 candles going right now....the scent lingers when put out and I walk through the house without even a lit candle and I smell it all the time...love it so much!

Trappeur

Yeesss!  I seen you all talking about summer scoop and thought ohhh... that one sounds amazing maybe I better place an order with FC.  ?  Any other favs overall?  

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

Ahhh... So her Ice Cream Scoop Bread is kinda light though?  Is there anyone else that sells an Ice Cream Scoop Bread?  I thought that one would be a good grab for mixing.  

Now for the Cotton Candy Frosting I heard it was strong.  Do you think I'd better off getting cotton candy super strong?  What one of those smells stronger?  Then Pink Sugar, may I ask where you typically like Pink Sugar from the best?  

And then lastly, do you have favorites from ICS OR FB as well?  Thanks so much for your help!  Truly appreciated!  ?

I personally use pink sugar from NG but every pink sugar I've ever bought smells pretty much the same to me OOB. That's not to say they're all the same strength, depth etc but that's just to my nose. I've read on here where people rave about pink sugar from ICS. I like the one from NG but wouldn't have a problem buying it from another supplier when I run out.

I've learned that opinions on the strength of a certain scent can be so broad. Many times I've given wax to someone with me thinking the FO was a dud and then they would talk about how strong the scent was. Noses are so subjective.  ICS does have one they call ice cream scoop bread and they smell a little different to me. I honestly couldn't tell you which one I like the best though but they both seem to be popular.Sorry, I'm not much help there. 

Cotton candy super strong is a good CC and I"ll go in my wax room today and sniff those two and see if I can tell which one might have the strongest OOB scent. I haven't melted either one in so long I can't remember.

Favorites from FB:

Mulberry-best I've found 

Birthday Cake-smells like the one from JS to me

Blackberry Jam butter cookies-so far this FO smells the same from all the suppliers I've bought from

Blonde Moment- same one from JS

maple syrup-smells like brown sugar from Daystar

Cinnamon sugared doughnut

Circus Concession

Fizzy pop soda

Fruit Loops

Harvest Gathering

Mango Peach salsa

Mint Chocolate Chip

Orange chiffon cake-this has been good from every supplier I've bought from

Pear berry

Pink Sands

Pumpkin Pie perfection

Pumpkin spiced cheesecake

Pumpkin sugared doughnut

Salted Caramel

Spiced apples and peaches

Spiced pumpkin cider

Sugar cookie

Sugar Cookie Royale

Sweet cinnamon pumpkin

Tea and cakes

Tis the season-smells the same as RE's

Vanilla pumpkin marshmallow-these all smell equally good to me except the one from JS. IT wasn't good at all!

Warm welcome

I have tons of samples but haven't put them in wax yet.

ICS

Apple brown betty

Baked apples

Banana caramel cupcake

Banana crepes

Bananas foster

Be Thankful

Bear Claws

Black and Blue

Blackberry Jam butter cookies-smells the same as FB's and Daystars

Blueberry meringue torte

Boo berry

Brown sugar pecan

Butter pecan shortbread

Caramel apple bake

Caramel drizzled marshmallow

Caramel nut cluster

Caramelized pralines

Chocolate cream pie

Christmas Kitchen

Cinnamon Buns

Cranberry orange spice

Fall festival 

Flap jacks

Frosted sugar cookie-same and JS buttercream sugar cookie

Funnel cake

Fruity pebbles

Hansel and Gretel's house-this is another one that pretty much smells the same from every supplier to me

Pumpkin Harvest

Lemon Meringue

Orange Bliss

Orange Caramel cake

Orange chiffon cake

orange cranberry muffins

orange juice cake

Pumpkins and pralines-I don't care for this one but a lot of people do

Serendipity-smells just like the one from JS to my nose

Spiced Oranges

Strawberry White cake-smells almost identical to the one from JS. Both are good

Sugar Cookie Dough

Sugared Spruce

Tropical Fruits

White cake

Wildberry Mousse

Winter berry

zucchini bread

I have more from ICS but I haven't used them yet.

Hope this helps you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!  First and foremost, THANK YOU for all of your help!  You have tried so many FO's from many suppliers!  So great that you have such a large amount of knowledge with them!  Do you keep a log so you know what ones you have or haven't tried also?   

Is there a for sale area on this forum that ladies destash stuff?  That would be great!