What are you scenting your house with during this in-between time?

Darbla

Right now I'm testing RE's Spiced Pumpkin Latte.  Yes, the AC is running here in Central Indiana, but people are already in the Fall candle mode. It's been chilly already here too though.

I'm also making FB's Pumpkin Cupcake candles, so that's mostly what I'm smelling in my house.

Well, I'm a boring person when it comes to candles for me personally and I pretty much burn the same old things unless I'm testing.

Now I was never one to burn for seasons or holidays meaning I don't do spring scents for spring or fall for fall, etc......I burn what I like anytime of the year.

So boring me I just lit a 3 wicker in VBN (WSP)in the living room.

In the bedroom I was burning Harvest Moon by Oregon Trails....I have 1/2 the candle gone..My opinion on this scent?  MEH!.......

I think I'll just blow it out and save the rest of the wax in the jar for firestarters......

So I think I'll light up a Summer Scoop fragrance candle which I love!

Now for the bathroom, I'm going to scrape out the wax of another fragrance by Oregon called Toasty Marshmallow N Hot Cocoa and put that to firestarters too.   Another dud from Oregon Trails.  I really had high hopes for oils from Oregon Trails...Who ever does their descriptions does an amazing job...but so far I haven't had much luck with this company.  I always thought Oregon Trails was a high end oil supplier.  Maybe they are and I'm just having shitty luck and picking out the duds....Heck if I know...I even love the name of their company!

Now 2 other oils I got from them I need to make up some candles by tomorrow which I'm going to make myself.  One is called Marshmallows by the Campfire.  Sniffing from the bottle I'm not impressed.  Smells just like most of the other campfire or fire oils from all other companies which is nada.

The other one I got is called Creamy Coconut (I'm still looking for that fantastic coconut)...I'm not impressed with this one from the bottle either.

But they say don't judge a book by its cover, so I will try and waste more wax and makem up......Getting disgusted here.  So needless to say with 2 scents I've made up and them even gone to a month cure with nothing....I'm not thinking too much nice about Oregon.

In the bathroom yesterday I lit a votive I made in Fillore's Warm apple pie and even that was a dud.  But I got anxious and lit it with an 8 day cure instead of 14 days.....So now I just lit Dreamsicle in a 3 wick huge candle.  I got this oil from Maple Street.  We shall see how that one burns...

Just having a real crappy week and nothing seems to be going right and can't even get some nice fragrances burning....Just so down and out since my best buddy, my horse Timmy died a couple days ago a horrible horrible suffering death.  I've had him for 29 years out of his 34 years of age.  Now he is not here anymore and I miss him terribly.  Sorry to ramble on....

Trappeur

• Sad 1

@Trappeur, so sorry about your crappy week, and your best buddy. :( Did you at least get out to the Labor Day festivities?  I've been home all day.  I take care of my adult handicapped daughter, so when she is home, I usually am too.  I do have another daughter living with me who helps out though.  I went to a family reunion Saturday.  I am thankful that I have something I can do at home that keeps me interested and occupied.  

Looks like you could at least find a soothing fragrance to burn to help lighten your mood.  I am going to steer well clear of Oregon Trails. :)  I was just perusing the FO's at Flaming and saw one called Stress Relief.  Do you have that one?  Sounds like you could use some relief.  

Oh thankyou Gail....yes, I went to town with Bonnie my dog and met a girlfriend there at the park as they have a barbeque there every labor day.  For 10.00 I got a pulled pork sandwich on a bun with coleslaw and I think some beans that they opened up a can of beans and put in the plate. Nothing to write home about but just being in the small town here and seeing everyone out and about as it was mobbed here for the weekend made it especially nice.  So good company and meeting so many other people I knew made it even nicer.   So now I'm back home and just relaxing, poured a chocolate wine and now going to feed my other 2 horses and give them some special treats and I think I'm going to make some home made chicken alfredo when I get back into the house.....Never made it, but I have all the fixings for it.....Lots of recipes I know if I google it...unless someone can give me their special recipe here.

I have linquine I could use or angel hair pasta.....either one will work for me...Then I thought maybe put it all on top of jasmine rice?

I don't have any stress relief fragrances but that was a good thought Gail.  VBN and Summer Scoop would be my stress relief as they are wonderful fragrances.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

My recipe for chicken alfredo is to open up a can of Ragu alfredo sauce and pour it over grilled chicken and noodles. :)  

I never heard of chocolate wine...but I don't drink wine, so what do I know?  

I may need to check out the Summer Scoop FO.  And right now, I need to find me something to eat...probably a Lean Cuisine Spaghetti.  Can you tell I don't cook much these days? :)

50 minutes ago, GailC said:

My recipe for chicken alfredo is to open up a can of Ragu alfredo sauce and pour it over grilled chicken and noodles. :)  

I never heard of chocolate wine...but I don't drink wine, so what do I know?  

I may need to check out the Summer Scoop FO.  And right now, I need to find me something to eat...probably a Lean Cuisine Spaghetti.  Can you tell I don't cook much these days? :)

:lol:Great recipe!  Simple enough.......lol

Trappeur

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I think I'm going to make some home made chicken alfredo when I get back into the house.....Never made it, but I have all the fixings for it.....Lots of recipes I know if I google it...unless someone can give me their special recipe here.

I used to struggle with Alfredo, trying to follow recipes and making rouxs. I make it about every other week now. I melt one stick of butter in a sauce pan, then add about half a cup of half and half.  Once that has warmed up I start adding parmasean cheese (the kind from a tub in the refridgerated section, not the powdered stuff you put on pizza). Once the entire tub has melted add more milk if needed. Cook bow tie pasta while this is happening. Drain the pasta well and add the sauce. It's really quick. If you want it more special cook some finely chopped red onion in bacon and then add that to the sauce along with some Gouda.  Add in chicken at the end. 

• Like 3