Favorites from Flaming Candle?

GailC

24 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Beautiful Gail!! ❤️

what wax do you use and those covers did you make yourself?

I use GW444 and yes, I made the covers.  I was at Hobby Lobby and saw the leaves scrapbook paper and had the brilliant idea that Leave FO would go perfectly with that paper. :)  

I didn't even know there were paper punches that made circles until I started trying to figure out how to make dust covers for candles.  I had to buy a hole punch that would reach to the middle of the circle.  The ones I had weren't long enough.  

Excellent job and very creative - I have been trying to hunt down the cardboard inserts I purchased from peak years ago for the 16 ounce apothecary jar so maybe just some plain old Kraft paper will work and do it myself 

444 takes color very well- very nice candle 

I use 415 and haven't been able to achieve that at all they look like crap ? ?

7 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Excellent job and very creative - I have been trying to hunt down the cardboard inserts I purchased from peak years ago for the 16 ounce apothecary jar so maybe just some plain old Kraft paper will work and do it myself 

444 takes color very well- very nice candle 

I use 415 and haven't been able to achieve that at all they look like crap ? ?

It takes a lot of dye to color soy wax!  I didn't mean to get them that dark, but then when I looked up BBW's Leaves candles they were practically the same color.  

I looked up dust covers on etsy, but eventually decided to make my own.  I'm not sure of all the sizes of circle punches there are. Mine is 2.5 inch.  I know there are 3 inch ones also.  I ordered a 2" reach hole punch from Amazon.  So I have to eyeball it to hit the center of the circle. :)  But the regular hole punches don't reach the middle of the circle.

You ought to see the 2 scrapbooking paper pads I got at Hobby Lobby for Christmas candles!  I have to look for small print designs, and both pads had them.  I was only going to get one, but couldn't decide which one I liked better.  I always overdo it.

On 9/4/2017 at 6:25 PM, Belinda said:

Ha! Ha! So true! I guess that's what I love about it too! It has a sweetness to it and I'm all about sweet stuff! LOL!

That's me too Belinda....sweet stuff...and so addictive to vanillas.

Trappeur

7 hours ago, GailC said:

I have Leaves FO from Aztec and Thursday I made 8 Leaves candles in my new frosted jars.  Put a picture on my Facebook page and they are all spoken for already! I don't know if it's the fragrance or the jar or both, but I've never had such a response from my facebook friends over a candle.

leaves.jpg

Wow Gail.....Just beautiful!   And that dust cover with the leaves....love it!   Did you make yourself?  You should do a tutorial...And I love frosted glass.  Are those 8 or 12oz jars?

Trappeur

6 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Wow Gail.....Just beautiful!   And that dust cover with the leaves....love it!   Did you make yourself?  You should do a tutorial...And I love frosted glass.  Are those 8 or 12oz jars?

Trappeur

Thanks Trappeur....I really think the leaves dust cover is what is selling this candle. :)  I did make them.  Bought a 2.5 circle punch from a craft store, and an extended reach 2" hole punch from Amazon. I don't always get the hole right in the middle of the circle. :)

The leaves paper is a scrapbook sheet of paper from Hobby Lobby.  I have to say I'm proud of how these candles turned out.  

The jars are 8 oz.  Boy, it's hard to find frosted jars!  I got these from Candles & Supplies.

• Like 1

Gail, I believe Fillmore sells those frosted glass containers and I know there is another company or 2 of them that also have them...I'll have to check.

So do you have any problem with the cover soaking up the oil from the candle?  Meaning does ever look greasy?

Trappeur

On 9/4/2017 at 6:27 PM, Shar said:

I like Baja Cactus Blossom for all priducts,  Beautiful day for b& b ( light scent throw for me in wax), I recently bought sweet strawberry as was recommended- I like it in wax,  beachwood,  tobacco caramel.

I haven't purchased Flaming's Redwood and cedar before,  but smelled of it when I was visiting their showroom before and in my opinion it smells similar to Tennessee Candles and so does Fragrance Buddy's version.  

Sweet strawberry is a really nice so true scent in my opinion.

Redwood and cedar is a STRONG one and very good.

And like Grama said yes.....lemon verbena is excellent.  I order this every week for an account I have.....

Trappeur

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Gail, I believe Fillmore sells those frosted glass containers and I know there is another company or 2 of them that also have them...I'll have to check.

So do you have any problem with the cover soaking up the oil from the candle?  Meaning does ever look greasy?

Trappeur

I have only made 2 batches so far, so don't know.  I think I read somewhere that eventually the paper might look greasy.  I took 4 Pumpkin Chai to my wholesale account and they sold pretty quickly, so maybe they won't have time to get greasy. :)  Unless the customer leaves it on for months.

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

I use a piece of cardstock cut in a circle for the tops of my flowerpot-shaped glass votives and have never had the oil stain them.

Goldie

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 7:54 AM, coffeebean said:

Beautiful Gail! Love the richness look of the color and insert together.

Thanks!!

My friend said the color is what sold her on that candle and my daughter said she doesn't want to burn hers for awhile because she doesn't want to take the paper off just yet. :)

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

I love The Flaming Candle! I've never posted on this forum before but I have learned a looooooooot from reading the very informative posts on here! My must haves are Baja Cactus Blossom, Mahogany Coconut (very rich Mahogany with excellent throw in parasoy. My people love this!) Birch and Black Pepper (spicy masculine scent, very strong in parasoy) love their Eucalyptus & Spearmint but I've never tried it from any other supplier. Very popular even with my strictly bakery customers! Beautiful Day is gorgeous but a tad light. The Redwood and Cedar is very strong and very rich! I need some more of that one! I would def try it if you haven't used it before! Beachwood is great. I love their Ocean (Hate the one from NG) I mix the beachwood and ocean. The Pumpkin Chai is very nice OOb but haven't put it in wax yet. I couldn't really detect any tea scent, maybe it will come out in the wax. The Cinnamon Spiced vanilla is great in a room spray my kids love it. The campfire flat out stinks to me lol it's a solid smoky fire! No pretty sweet woodsy notes in it that I could tell. Botanical Orchard is nice. Smells like pears, apples with a soft floral. It's a nice fall fruity floral I would say. Their Volcano dupe is better than Aztecs IMO. Aztec seems faint in wax when I use it but it could just be me! TFC has some great ones! I could go on and on lol 

• Like 2

Hi MJR, thanks for posting .I love when opinions + descriptions about FO's are posted, its very helpful. The only one from Flaming Ive used is Chai. I really like it but 

haven't tried one from any other supplier. I wanna try the Chai from NG just to have something to compare it too. I have Redwood + Cedar but OOB I don't really get 

a cedar smell but I haven't put it in wax + it has a ton of great reviews . Does the cedar come out in wax ? The Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla sounds really good. I need to 

order that and Eucalyptus + Spearmint + Mahogany Coconut. I need to order a room spray base, Ive read on here that the Candle Makers Store has a good spray base.