Hello finally

Wanted to finally say hello from the land of newby lurkerville. 

First off- kudos to all of you who successfully make candles as a business or side business. Candles are hard to make well, expensive, addictive, and require a lot of patience. BUT they are so much fun!  I have gained a lot of knowledge reading through past posts. I appreciate those who have come before me. 

I am 41, live in Arkansas with my wife and 3 cats, and have a grown daughter out of the house. I'm a graphic designer by day.  I've always dreamed of owning a bakery. Aside from not being able to eat it, candles fit with so many things I enjoy - recipes, crafting, marketing, business, manufacturing. 

I only came to candling early this year. I know I'll probable catch some flack, but I want to start selling soon - like October maybe. I have applied for a city license, state tax ID and will get general liability insurance before any candle leaves my watch. I haven't given or sold to anyone yet. 

I plan to make three scents initially and I make them from my home. I would sell them through a website. I read a post today where someone asked if making candles at home violates a homeowners insurance policy. It never dawned on me that making candles might affect my homeowners insurance. 

Do any of you who sell make the candles from your home? If so, did you do anything specific about homeowners insurance?  My wife says I'm over thinking it. Aside from

when I do test burns I don't see where it would be a big deal either, but I'm hesitant. I also don't want to keep throwing money at candles to now find that I can't make them do to homeowners insurance. I don't think any of the supplies (wax/FO)I keep are any more dangerous than the 5+ gallons of gas I keep in our garage. 

The making of candles was fun, but the trying to setup a business has been frustrating at every turn. At the moment my city says I need a state tax ID before I can get my city license, and the state says I can't get tax ID until I get city license :)  

I appreciate any thoughts or advice or prayers or laughs.