Not exactly how I planned it

Jcandleattic

@Candybee is  right ... it does look like the Mermaid swim team taking a dive lol ! My granddaughters (8 + 10 ) are big time into Mermaids + unicorns right now lol !

I did get a silicone mold of a full body mermaid off Easy, its so cute, but I need to get the tails you have. How many of the mermaid tails do you have, Ive seen them

in different sizes on Ebay, which size do you suggest I get  ? I like the size you used in the soap.Great job ! Unless I missed it, what FO did you use ? Im thinking of

getting South Beach (Mad Oils) for a mermaid soap since so many recommended it. But now that the new supplier is much further away from me , shipping is

much more expensive.Did the prices of the oils go up to, or am I wrong ? 

Thanks everyone!  :) 

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

Now you must post cut pics! You always do such adorable embeds for your beautiful soaps!

I cut them, and they are squee worthy with the bright swirls! I have to wait for better lighting in my basement though. 

39 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I like the size you used in the soap.Great job ! Unless I missed it, what FO did you use ? Im thinking of

getting South Beach (Mad Oils) for a mermaid soap since so many recommended it. But now that the new supplier is much further away from me , shipping is

much more expensive.Did the prices of the oils go up to, or am I wrong ? 

If you look close you can see these are 2 different sizes - I have another post of the sizes. 

I only have 1 mold of each size, got them off of amazon as a pair, for like $4 using prime. I've had them for quite a few years, since before the mermaid craze hit, but never did anything with them until now. 

South Beach smells AMAZING - I love it. It accelerates a bit but not too bad. I'm sure the AZ soap place did raise prices, everyone needs there cut. *sigh* 

This is actually a mix of 4 scents - Volcano (Cabri Blue) - Aztec, Island Nectar - Peak, Botanical Orchard & Nectar - Peak, and Misbehavin - NG. 

Smells amazing. 

22 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Thanks everyone!  :) 

I cut them, and they are squee worthy with the bright swirls! I have to wait for better lighting in my basement though. 

If you look close you can see these are 2 different sizes - I have another post of the sizes. 

I only have 1 mold of each size, got them off of amazon as a pair, for like $4 using prime. I've had them for quite a few years, since before the mermaid craze hit, but never did anything with them until now. 

South Beach smells AMAZING - I love it. It accelerates a bit but not too bad. I'm sure the AZ soap place did raise prices, everyone needs there cut. *sigh* 

This is actually a mix of 4 scents - Volcano (Cabri Blue) - Aztec, Island Nectar - Peak, Botanical Orchard & Nectar - Peak, and Misbehavin - NG. 

Smells amazing. 

OMG that FO combo smells soooo good ! Now that you mention it is a craze. Everything is mermaids or unicorns lol ! My granddaughters are obsessed . Sofie 

even had a mermaid themed birthday lol ! Now I have to get South Beach lol ! DO you like Kai. Im not a huge floral fan but it sounds interesting. I was going to 

try the sugar cookie crunch but I think I can find something cheaper than $30 lb but I am springing for Snow Witch. I got a sample after you said how good it was.

OMG I just love it. To me I could use this year round not just Christmas. 

7 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

OMG that FO combo smells soooo good ! Now that you mention it is a craze. Everything is mermaids or unicorns lol ! My granddaughters are obsessed . Sofie 

even had a mermaid themed birthday lol ! Now I have to get South Beach lol ! DO you like Kai. Im not a huge floral fan but it sounds interesting. I was going to 

try the sugar cookie crunch but I think I can find something cheaper than $30 lb but I am springing for Snow Witch. I got a sample after you said how good it was.

OMG I just love it. To me I could use this year round not just Christmas. 

I use Snow Witch all year, and just change the name. I usually add a bit of peppermint to it to crisp it up too. 

Florals are growing on my. Still not my favorite, but the more I've been mixing, the more I am liking certain florals. As for Kai - meh. To me it smells a lot like Peaks lilac - IDK why, but it does. Very strong and cloying oob. I haven't put it in anything yet. 

I don't think I'd ever pay $30 a lb for any scent. When/if scents start to get that high, it will probably be time for me to hang this up, as I don't rely on the sales I make for a living, so there's no point in spending that much money on it. 

• Like 1