I came across these pics that I saved on my phone some time ago. I think I took pics from one of my candle books with intentions of trying, but not sure. Haven't tried either of these methods so I can't say if it works or not. Just thought I'd share. Have never heard of putting corn starch or turpentine in wax ? has anyone else? lol0426171935.thumb.jpg.96ffc089fffd85d291ed620e0bd96572.jpg0426171935.thumb.jpg.9b6c46d97e3ce268e262c47c9ecf50db.jpg

Pam, you don't need any of other ingredients besides wax to make whipped wax......And I SURE AS H.....LL wouldn't be using any turpentine!  As flamable as that is.....omg....what are these idiots thinking?

I've made whipped toppings for my melts many a time.  All you need is your wax and a fork.....well this is how I do it for me.

All you have to do is after your wax is melted take out what ever amount you need (start very small) and watch the wax as it is cooling.  When it gets to the stage where it is not clear and starting to set up, get beating it but start slowly and then start moving fast as it's going to get a thick texture real fast.  As soon as it it to the point of like whipped cream move real fast and fork out on top of your candle.  Your candle needs to be slightly warm so the whipped wax sticks to it....This can be tricky but it works like a charm and you just have to experiment.  If the whipped wax has become too hard, just put it back in the pot and remelt and start over....

Here are some melts I make with whipped toppings....

Hope I made myself clear....lol

Trappeur

CIMG8617.jpg

Copyofmuffinmelts.jpg

CIMG7761.jpg

CopyofMelts.jpg

CIMG7791.jpg

CIMG7588.jpg

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Pam, you don't need any of other ingredients besides wax to make whipped wax......And I SURE AS H.....LL wouldn't be using any turpentine!  As flamable as that is.....omg....what are these idiots thinking?

I've made whipped toppings for my melts many a time.  All you need is your wax and ...

Here are some melts I make with whipped toppings....

Hope I made myself clear....lol

Trappeur

Yes you did Trappeur. lol You know, it never even crossed my mind about turpentine being flammable!! So glad I never followed thru with it! Which I would have picked up on it when I read the bottle label and also the bottle surely has it printed on label Caution: Flammable for dummies like me. Hahaha! Going to look today for which book I got this out of. If it's one of my 3 books it will be easy to figure out which one and it will be tossed in trash can immediately. I have found this forum to be more educational than any book I've come across! Your toppings are perfect and so beautiful! I'm going to take your tips and practice practice practice! In the past I think I've let the wax cool to much and also didn't work fast enough before it did start cooking because my toppings were lumpy and hard to work with. I like using 464 wax, but wonder if I can use a soy wax blend to make Whipping? I have paraffin wax for pillar candles and also Natures Garden Pillar of Bliss I think its called, which if my mrmories correct is a blend of soy & parrifin. I spent the night with my parents, so I'm not at home to check right now ? Thank you so very much for sharing your pics and wonderful tips Trappeur.

I whipped my wax with a really cheap mixer and an ice cream scoop that are only used for crafts. These turned out so stinkin' cute I have never been able to use them - LOL.

scoops.jpg

Edited by Jenn-MN
  • Like 6

Oh those melts and ice cream scoops are so pretty!!!

I never tried whipped wax but I did take a candle course that featured how to make whipped wax. Once you have seen it done it looks easy. The hard part is the timing. Trappeur is right, you don't need anything but melted wax and a beater. It can be a handheld beater or mixer with beater attachments.

By the way, you can also make the most beautiful 'marbled' pillars by whipping your wax. Once you whipped it add 2-3 drops of liquid candle dye spread out over the wax by placing a dye drop in a different spot each time so all the drops are spread out. Slowly fold the wax with a spoon to work the color into the whipped wax. This is what creates that 'marbled' look in the wax. Spoon the whipped, colored wax into your prepared pillar mold. Once you have topped off the mold, slam the mold on the countertop several times to beat the wax down into the mold tightly to get out all the air pockets. Let it cool then unmold. You will have this gorgeous marbled pillar. If you want a scented pillar make sure you add scent in just before you start to whip your wax.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

By the way, you can also make the most beautiful 'marbled' pillars by whipping your wax .........

I love that idea!  I've always wondered how people make the marbled look, I just wasn't thinking "whipped wax" ... lol. 

Thanks for sharing that!  I'm going to try it sometime -- all I have right now is a small pillar mold, but at least I could practice with it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jenn-MN said:

I whipped my wax with a really cheap mixer and an ice cream scoop that are only used for crafts. These turned out so stinkin' cute I have never been able to use them - LOL.

scoops.jpg

OMG ! So stinkin cute is right ! May I ask can this be done with any wax or a specific kind. How is this done ? Just love this :) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

OMG ! So stinkin cute is right ! May I ask can this be done with any wax or a specific kind. How is this done ? Just love this :) 

Thanks everyone! :)

I used GB464 (and CS Very Vanilla), cooled to a loose slush, whipped (on or near low, I think) until the wax resembled ice cream (but far from firm), then I used an ice cream scoop (the kind with the thumb slide thing that helps release the ice cream), and I just kinda 'scooped' the wax. When it looked right I put it on wax paper to cool.I found the instructions online somewhere (years ago), so I don't take full credit for the idea. My plan was to pour into sundae cups, top with a scoop of wax ice cream and finish with a 'syrup' of sorts. But I noticed with another project that the colors eventually bleed together with GB464, so I stopped working on the project (until I could figure out how to keep the colors from bleeding together). Fast forward 3-4 years and I haven't gotten any further. LOL

• Like 2

@Jenn-MN Thanks so much ! Honestly, this is one of the cutest ideas Ive seen in a long time ! It kinda looks like the the bubble bar bath scoops Ive seen on Etsy.

Im for sure gonna give this a try. I love your idea of putting it in a sundae cup. Very clever :) Sounds like a lot of things in my life... fast forward 3-4 years and 

same o same o lol ! :laugh2:

• Like 2

On 8/28/2017 at 10:38 AM, Jenn-MN said:

scoops.jpg

Omg, I LOVE these!!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 7:04 PM, birdcharm said:

I love that idea!  I've always wondered how people make the marbled look, I just wasn't thinking "whipped wax" ... lol. 

Thanks for sharing that!  I'm going to try it sometime -- all I have right now is a small pillar mold, but at least I could practice with it. 

There's a tutorial for it somewhere on the board. I gave step by step instructions on how to do it. 

Here it is - The pics used to be much bigger to where you could see them. Not sure what happened. 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

There's a tutorial for it somewhere on the board. I gave step by step instructions on how to do it. 

Here it is - The pics used to be much bigger to where you could see them. Not sure what happened. 

Thank you :)

• Like 1