Found New Ecosoya Q210 In Stock!

"I would like to know if other people have problems with fragrance. My control candles without fragrance are perfect. The ones with fragrance are problematic - I tried adding at 180 and higher as suggested online at 200"

I've had zero issues with fragrance pooling on top or cratering of any sort. I've also had some successes with wicking. Ironically I get perfect adhesion with the 220 and not with the 210. Somewhere I read not to heat these waxes higher than 180. I can't for the life of me remember where but I've kept my heating temp to 180 or below. There's a few times where I've gone above that to around 185 but didn't notice any ill effects. The ct/ht with the 210 has been great-I've yet to have a scent not throw well. The ct is there immediately and I've burned some as soon as 24 hrs later and the ht was great. Like WThomas I've had some issues with the wick getting all nasty and clumpy- almost disintegrated looking and it's only been with heavy scents. One one of my wine scents it did this and I was messing around with it and that clump pulled off like a mushroom cap, leaving a nicely trimmed wick below. It was dry and hard, I'm thinking it's a mushroom with this wax since I've had no shrooming whatsoever on my successes and these things with my fails. Most of them are oily and I couldn't pop off. I've remedied that in a few scents with changing wicks to a different brand. 

The 220 is behaving different in the throw department, I have little to no cold throw after it sets on some scents but the ht is great. I have one I've kept sitting to see if/when the ct appears and it's coming in little by little which is perplexing. 

With both waxes most of my successes are with CDN wicks. I had been starting all out with CD wicks and then changing out to CDN's when I had the weird wicks. When that hasn't worked then I've gone to HTP and some of those worked. I'm starting to see a pattern with wick to scent but I need to do more testing to say for sure. 

I doubt ill even continue with this wax just becauae of the incessant smoking after you extinguish the candles. They smoke TONS... way more than normal candles and it lasts a long time. I have had customer testers give feedback and the first thing ther all mention is the smoke.  I notice it too.  Wick type doesnt matter. Its the wax.  There is somethingin it that causes this,  probably same thing that causes the smoking vapors when your simply melting it .

Plus,  too many scents dont work. Unfortunately many of those are my best sellers

50 minutes ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

Has anyone tried wicking with RRD series?

Yes its what i started with. I have teasted MANY wicks including the following - RRD, CD, HTP, LX, Premier, Zinc, Wood, ECO, Paper, etc.

Several wicks work. The wicks are not the issue with this wax. The issue is the fragrance oils and the wax itself. Many.. MANY fragrance oils simply are not compatible.

Over half of mine easily. Either horrible throw, clumping at base of wicks, terrible burns. Plus this wax smokes like no other.... when melting, when burning in finished candle.

Its awful. 

The ONLY successes I have had are that it bruns clean and super easy to use.

Here are two testers I did today with Candle Science Christmas Hearth. I had same putting on top so decided to try heat gunning to see if it would smooth out problem areas -

Result you can see fragrance oil on top.

I have my own candle formula and the tops are perfect. THese waxes the tops are not acceptable to me. Also depending on the fragrance the candle base color takes on strange beige to orangey beige color.

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5118.JPG

I have obviously expressed my displeasure so far with this wax for several reasons. However, never once have I had the issues you are having with the tops. And never have I had oil drops or seeping out. How much are you adding? What temps? Where you getting your oils? I have tried various tests to replicate your issues with the tops and I'm just not getting the results you are. So I am kinda lost why you are having this issue? I haven;t heard anyone else with these problems either or I would chat with them as well. Now fragrance and issues wicking fragrance combos... I get those for sure like many others.

Is it real humid where you are? Any chance, you may have gotten some water in your wax by mistake?

Do you have a dehumdifier in your area? If not, Id recommend getting one and retesting.

ONLY 6 percent fragrance. Not humidity no water. This is almost every fragrance I test with this stuff. Poured my formula and its beautiful. Pour 220 problems! I have fragrances from various companies and have not been having lucky with smooth tops. Tried hotnpour cool pour. Maybe I have a bad batch - it's possible.

I tried Candle Science Natures Garden Flaming Candle fragrances. 

Do you have photo of one of your pour tops!

yah I dont think the amount you are using has anything to do with it. It can hold a heck of a lot more than 6% without issue.

If you haven't already, heat to 185... add FO at that temp, pour around 160+.  Make sure to blend thoroughly. Its a dense wax, 

so you really need to blend well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 9:49 AM, wthomas57 said:

Yes its what i started with. I have teasted MANY wicks including the following - RRD, CD, HTP, LX, Premier, Zinc, Wood, ECO, Paper, etc.

Several wicks work. The wicks are not the issue with this wax. The issue is the fragrance oils and the wax itself. Many.. MANY fragrance oils simply are not compatible.

Over half of mine easily. Either horrible throw, clumping at base of wicks, terrible burns. Plus this wax smokes like no other.... when melting, when burning in finished candle.

Its awful. 

The ONLY successes I have had are that it bruns clean and super easy to use.

The fragrance issues aside, which wicks are working the best for you? I'm currently testing CD and HTP, but interested if you've had better success with RRD, LX or ECO?

None. Ive moved on from this wax. Even the few "successful" ones Ive made in regards to wicking Id never sell. This wax is a trainwreck. Browse through all the other posts talking about it. Smokes like a wildfire, and is inconsistent and terrible to wick. Plus the throw sucks IMO and needs more oil to compete.

Ive already moved on after testing around 80 lbs, several FOs, and a few different jars. The issue is the wax.... the other variables at this point are irrelevant I'm afraid.

• Like 1

The other problem I have had with testers. They do not age well in the color department - start off with the beige then turn orangey. Not just with one fragrance.

i gave up on this wax as it's ridiculous to have so many fragrance in compatibilities - there are other great waxes that don't have the problems.

I have many kinds of wax and this is my least favorite. I hope the company works the kinks out as there are some good qualities but not enough to make it a working favorite. Time is money

I'm back with more information.

At this point I've only made one tester with a light purple colour with the Q210 and used a HTP 105 with essential oils. It worked great and HTP 105 is what I used to use with the old CB advanced.

I've continued to research this wax looking at sites mentioning the Q210/220/230.

Just poured a few more testers trying out fragrance oil this time with the Q210 and am using wood wicks. A perfect pour and I"m hoping to burn them tomorrow or Sunday.  Cold throw is already starting to come through with this. I've had no vinegar smell after adding scent and allowing it to cure.

The photos are a group of smaller sizes: tealight, 2 oz deep and 2 oz shallow, close up of the 2 oz shallow and 8 oz glass. 

I heat the wax on a double boiler grid thing (can't think of what it's called) but it goes at the bottom of a deep pot and then I add water and sit my 4 lb candle cylinder jar on it.  I keep the heat on really low until it melts completely. I've read you should heat to 155 but I've had mine go above that. Then I add scent around 145 and stir really well and pour below 145.

According to Lone Star Candle they spoke to NGI and were told that the Q230 has been reformulated to be a bit harder.

This is what they said:  "I did hear from Ecosoya the other day and they told me after their initial production, they wen't back and adjusted the Q230 to make it absorb fragrance better and set up a littler harder."

A lady out of Quebec has had great results with this wax and continues to use it which is interesting as I've read some bad reviews on other sites and some good reviews.

Now I can't make a complete conclusion as I have more testing to do but I haven't ruled this wax out yet. Once I figure out wicks for the Q210 I'll move onto the Q220 and Q230.

Am currently using GB 464 which isn't my favourite but making it work for now until I can get testing figured out with another wax.  I'm thinking that some of us are getting good batches and others are not. 

@wthomas57 Yikes you've gone through a lot of wax. Did you contact the manufacture to get a replacement or refund?  Do you know of a good soy wax that doesn't use paraffin that you like working with? I've heard about Nature C-3 wax but haven't tried it yet.

3 Candles.JPG

2 oz size.JPG

8 oz jar.JPG

My issues are nothing to do with a bad batch. Ive tested several different lots/batches from a few suppliers.

The issue is the wax as many have documented pretty thoroughly. Yes, there are a few successful tests... i had some too.

But its all completely irrelevant, because no customer is going to be happy with the amount of smoking this wax does.

Customers may buy initally, but they wont keep coming back. This wax does not stand up anywhere close to most other waxes

in my opinion... even on the tests that have been "successful"

And.. i know who you are referring to in Quebec (I believe). Be careful what reviews you take to heart. Many are paid and/or given freebies

for these reviews. Also, someone using this wax a lot andhaving "success" I would be very curious the amount of their testing, scents, etc.

And like i said... may testers have paid no mind to what the candle does after being extinusuihed (or they dip the wick in the wax). Which is totally fine,

but most customers do not do that. And this wax smokes like crazy via the wicks. Heck, it smokes when melting too. There is even warnings not to breath in

any of the vapors.. yikes. No thanks. 

Trust me.. I was REALLY wanting this wax to work. If anyone was going to give it the benefit of the doubt, it would have been me. Hence, why I kept testing and testing

and testing. ill never use it... unless its changed.

• Like 2

I would need to see tests from people who have made multiple testers with fragrances that were not sent by manufacturers - my batch there was not emulsification of fragrance oils.

The wax also smokes at low temp which is off putting and the wax discoloration easily.

98 per cent of my multipletests were dudes with fragrances and the rest were good. That number doesn't work. Fragrances and testing is time and money. So with that in mind until the wax is worked in by company I personally do not recommend it due to the amount recommend of  

testing. It's ridiculous to put out a wax where you have so many problems with!

What is wrong with candle supply companies who praise these new Ecosoya waxes?  I've gone to a couple sites, and they say they've tested them with great results.  How is that even possible?  Have they not thoroughly tested them?  I hope everyone who has had problems, calls and complains.  Asks for a refund on the wax.  Maybe the word will get back to the manufacturer.  

GoldieMN