Found New Ecosoya Q210 In Stock!

The ones i haven't dyed have not done that so for me, no, i havent haf thpse results. But lime i said.... its not pure white. Its an ivory color which i think looks nice anyway.  I probably through some people off with my picture,  but that is becausevi used dye to make an ivory tan color

The Q210 has a light beige color to it when it sets, it's not white like other soys. I've been playing with it since it came out and should have the 220 next week to test. I'm not having the issues I've seen above with any chemical smell in the finished product, it does smell terrible in raw form though lol. It colors extremely well and I've seen absolutely zero frosting, I even tried a few heavily dyed reds and browns and can't get a speck of frost. 

Its not great for melts-I didn't try clamshells just single molds and oval cups. It will release from the oval cups but not the best and the molds were a train wreck. 

Move had success with CD wicks in most scents I've tried. None of my testers have been burnt completely yet as work has been a bear the last few weeks. The only scent I noticed an issue similar to Wthomas was with blueberry cheesecake from CS. I wicked with a CD-16 and it pretty much disintegrated into a mushy nub. I pulled it and rewicked with a CDN-18 and it survived the first burn so we will see. I'm using 11.5 oz. straight sided tumblers and CD-16 starting. I've played with fo load from 6%-10% and throw has been great so far. Red currant from CS is burning beautifully, about 1/4 to go. I'm also burning VBN-CDN-18, spiced pumpkin pie CD-16. I'll report back after they're done.  

The pic is of the wick in the blueberry cheesecake I replaced after the first burn. The black on the handle top is from the previous wick when I hestgunned the top to set the new wick in place, there's been no sooting whatsoever. I'm watching a bit more, but it appears to me the CDN's do better than the CD's so far. 

IMG_5186.JPG

KimmyPee,

Thanks for posting. I've been glued to this forum for a few weeks as I've been looking forward to the new waxes coming out. I've been worried as I've been reading such mixed reviews about it.  Just got the Q210/220/230 the other day but have to wait until next week to start testing it.  I switched to the GB464 after it got discontinued and have some of the Advanced left.

Are you using the same wicks with the Q210 that you used with the Advanced? Were you using Advanced with the old formulation.

Yes the new Q210 smells like salt and vinegar chips in its raw form. I got all three as I may want to make my own blend.

I think one thing for sure with this new wax is that is pickier on FOs than the predecessors. Kimmy mentioned one, I have ran into several, and so have others that simply do not work well. I have done EXTENSIVE testing already since day one that Q210 was available. I am about to start on 220 soon. Ive also seen mixed descriptions from vendors on these two waxes. Some say 210 is more like Advanced and others say 220 is closer to Advanced. And others say you cant compare them. Honestly, right now it seems like just a lot of speculation with a whole lot of testing or experience to back many of the claims up. On a similar note, when reading about both 210 and 220... I hardly see a different between the two. The only real difference i see is that 210 is supposedly dermatology approved.

Something I would be curious about on both 210 and 220 is how much blending with something else with (say 6006 or 4630) could you get away with while still a really clean burn. The BEST part about 210 is the clean burn and the recongealing in my opinion. The worst part is consistent wicking, compatible FOs, and the CT and HT. Some are so faint even at 10%. Maybe I am just used to the great throw of 6006, etc.

wthomas57,

I use mainly essential oils for all my candles so wondering how they will hold up with the new waxes as the advanced did very well with them.  Also I used to use HTP wicks for my cotton wick candles and I also use wood wicks so I'll be doing more testing. I've already been testing like crazy with wood wicks and the GB464 as that is what I've been using but the wood wicks I used to use form 3 different suppliers were discontinued so I had to start all over again with wicks.  I've just about got the GB464 figured out (after 3 weeks of solid testing) with wood wicks (with cotton wicks they stayed identical to what I used to use with Ecosoya Advanced).   I do have a few fragrance oils to use up so may stick to the GB464 for those if the new waxes give me woes.  Also just got 50 lbs more the GB464 to hold me over until I figure out the new Ecosoya formulations.

I agree I also read two reviews that said Q210 is like the old advanced and one review that said Q220 is like the Advanced. Found a you tube video as well and it mentioned that they used the same cotton wicks with the old ecosoya as they do with the Q210. 

In your testing do you end up using the same wicks with the Q210 as you do with the Q220?  I found with the old Advanced I'd use one wick and then with the Excel I had to go up a size. Wondering if that is the case with the Q210 and Q220.

Edited by Firefly

I just want to thank you all for this thread. I've been keeping up with it to see how things are going with the waxes.  I don't make candles but wax melts are my biggest seller during the holiday season so I"m hoping for big things from these waxes. Looks like I'll be spending the season testing though!   I have found the waxes online but shipping prices are outrageous so I'm waiting for a place closer to get them in stock.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:38 AM, Firefly said:

wthomas57,

I use mainly essential oils for all my candles so wondering how they will hold up with the new waxes as the advanced did very well with them.  Also I used to use HTP wicks for my cotton wick candles and I also use wood wicks so I'll be doing more testing. I've already been testing like crazy with wood wicks and the GB464 as that is what I've been using but the wood wicks I used to use form 3 different suppliers were discontinued so I had to start all over again with wicks.  I've just about got the GB464 figured out (after 3 weeks of solid testing) with wood wicks (with cotton wicks they stayed identical to what I used to use with Ecosoya Advanced).   I do have a few fragrance oils to use up so may stick to the GB464 for those if the new waxes give me woes.  Also just got 50 lbs more the GB464 to hold me over until I figure out the new Ecosoya formulations.

I agree I also read two reviews that said Q210 is like the old advanced and one review that said Q220 is like the Advanced. Found a you tube video as well and it mentioned that they used the same cotton wicks with the old ecosoya as they do with the Q210. 

In your testing do you end up using the same wicks with the Q210 as you do with the Q220?  I found with the old Advanced I'd use one wick and then with the Excel I had to go up a size. Wondering if that is the case with the Q210 and Q220.

I do not use essential oils much, so cant help ya there. But I know the new waxes struggle with certain oils... mostly heavy ones so far. I do not use 464 by itself as I do not like the finished look at it cures a while nor am I impressed with the HT. CT is fine though. I use a little 464 in a few blends occasionally.

I haven't used Q220 yet. I just got it in. Ill let you knwo what I think after I have time to test.

Q210-  What can I say?  Is anyone having any luck with a particular type of wick?  I am having an issues where the carbon buildup at the bottom toward the pool gets so bad it affects the scent.  The whole candle begins to smell smokey.  This is not good for a regular candle or a massage candle.  I have talked to NGI and they blame fragrance which is not true as I have tested over 30 fragrances from 4 different companies.  

36 minutes ago, B72Atlanta said:

Q210-  What can I say?  Is anyone having any luck with a particular type of wick?  I am having an issues where the carbon buildup at the bottom toward the pool gets so bad it affects the scent.  The whole candle begins to smell smokey.  This is not good for a regular candle or a massage candle.  I have talked to NGI and they blame fragrance which is not true as I have tested over 30 fragrances from 4 different companies.  

As I have mentioned many times on here....

I have had the same results on most of my testers. They are correct... its a combo of the wax and the fragrance. I have some fragrances that work fine... most do not.

The problem is this wax is SO picky on what FOs work with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B72Atlanta said:

A few questions.  

When a fragrance is not working with Q210 what do you mean by this? I want to compare it to what I am obviously doing wrong.

Is anyone getting a smokey/ burnt smell from Q210?  With or without fragrance? 

On previous pages I kinda try to describe why many fragrances dont work for me. The combination of them with the wax creates this strange clumping at the base of the wick. It completely ruins the burn. And it doesn't matter what wick I use in them. I tried several with exact same results.

Also, some FOs had minimum HT and zero CT even at 10%.

Regarding smokey burnt smell... you may be getting it too hot. I dont get a bad smell when burning, but the wax does smoke when its melting

• Like 1

I've only done 3 burns with my current tester candle. Been testing for weeks with new wicks and the GW464 so am slowing working my way through the new Ecosoya ones. I used my Q210 in a 6 oz container with my standard HTP105 wick because according to the You Tube video the girl from Quebec said she had lots of HTP 105's and 1212's and she wanted to continue with the same wick. I did a Lavender EO blend and coloured the candle as well. At the 2 hour mark the wax wasn't quite to the end but close. At the 4 hour mark it still wasn't all the way to the end. Oh the second burn I burned it for 2.5 hours and it went to the end on all the edges except for one.  Hot throw is lovely, cold throw after 2.5 days was good. Now I've read online that some people are saying you have to wait weeks for a better cold throw.

My early conclusion is that this wax needs a higher wick like the Xcel used to need and it burns slower. So I'll try a HTP126 which I think may be perfect.  When I used my HTP105 with the Advanced I used to get a full melt pool in an hour or so. Thinking I got a good batch of this wax as I've heard horror stories online and here with wick issues and cold throw.

I'm torn I get amazing cold throw from GW464 wax and very good hot throw. It's more picky for pouring but think I may have that figured out. I'm going to go through my 50 lbs and then decide whether to switch to the new Ecosoya versions.  The pro is that GW464 is much cheaper for me.  With a heavier EO blend though this wax was a beast for me to work with narrowing down a wood wick. I had to test so many wicks.

Will try testing the Q210 with my wood wicks next to see how that goes and then once I figure out the wicks for Q210 I'll have a better idea of how to test for Q220 and Q230.  In the past the Advanced used one wick and then for the Xcel I always had to wick up one higher. So wondering if I'll have to wick up one higher for theQ220.

Curious what results you have wthomas.

Edited by Firefly

8 hours ago, B72Atlanta said:

A few questions.  

When a fragrance is not working with Q210 what do you mean by this? I want to compare it to what I am obviously doing wrong.

Is anyone getting a smokey/ burnt smell from Q210?  With or without fragrance? 

I'm not having that problem at all. The wax smells like vinegar in it's raw form but after adding scent and colour it's' been fine for me. I haven't tried a non scented tester as I like to jump right in with scent and colour.

This is my experience with the wax.

i have tried 2120 and the 220

Color of was is light beige.

Easy handling because of the pellets.

I have had very good to excellent adhesion on all my testers, and scent throw has been good.

No problem with wicks I use cd's.

This wax smokes in pot before getting it to 180 degrees which is off putting.

I tried adding Fragrance at 180 and up to 200 and still got same results of oily spots and craters.

My biggest issue is I poured over a dozen testers with candle fragrances from many companies, not with fragrances from

Ecosoya - 

Results oily spots and puddles on tops of candles, craters.

Out of all the tester fragrances only 2 met my standards of beautiful smooth top. The other were unusable.

My control candle was beautiful without Fragrance - smooth shiny top, good adhesion, easy burn.

I do not think the is wax is ready for prime time - Ecosoya must get this wax to be compatible with fragrances, as they cannot expect

people to test and test to find compatible scents that don't leave craters and oil spots on top.

Will be going back to my old blend until they work the kinks out. 

Was disappointed in the release of these waxes - they needed to wait.

1 hour ago, NightLight said:

I have had very good to excellent adhesion on all my testers, and scent throw has been good.

I tried adding Fragrance at 180 and up to 200 and still got same results of oily spots and craters.

My biggest issue is I poured over a dozen testers with candle fragrances from many companies, not with fragrances from

Ecosoya - 

Out of all the tester fragrances only 2 met my standards of beautiful smooth top. The other were unusable.

My control candle was beautiful without Fragrance - smooth shiny top, good adhesion, easy burn.

I do not think the is wax is ready for prime time - Ecosoya must get this wax to be compatible with fragrances, as they cannot expect

people to test and test to find compatible scents that don't leave craters and oil spots on top.

Interesting the different results we are getting.... yet mostly drawing the same conclusions. I have had ZERO issues with nice tops or fragrance integration. My candles look perfect. My issue has been HT on many scents that worked well for me in Advanced and my 6006. And wicking on many scents. My FO's get clumpy wicks and do not perform (regardless of wicks). I have worked with several other chandeliers having the same wicking issue with many fragrances. 

But again, the overall consensus has been the same. The wax just isn't a good option. Clean burning and easy to use, that is about all that is good about it. 

5 hours ago, NightLight said:

Ecosoya - 

Night Light,

I've been reading very mixed reviews before I even got my wax. I ordered some of all three Q210/Q220/Q230.

Now I've only done one tester with the Q210 but was happy with my results so far. I used the same  wick I used to use with the Advanced and found the candle burned much longer then it used to with the old formulation. I waited 2.5 days for cold throw and you could smell it but it wasn't as strong compared to the GW464 that I've been using as a replacement.  I added my scent at a much lower temperature (think it was like 160F) and I got a perfect top as well and poured at a lower temp as well.  At first I thought I needed to use another wick but after doing more burns with the same candle it worked great in the end.

What I think is happening as I've been wracking brains trying to figure out why some are getting great results and some are getting bad results is the batches of wax vary from lot to lot. I used essential oils in my first tester candle.  If this is a batch to batch issue then I agree Ecosoya needs to figure out how to maintain consistency overall.

As I haven't done extensive testing I'm still on the fence about this wax. After I've had some time to really experiment with all three I'll have a better idea of what wax to use.

Edited by Firefly

My first tester was great. THought finally a no Brainer production wax. Tried multiple scents from candle suppliers and had more misses with crater, oil spots that good ones. The good ones meaning 2 fragrances worked out of a dozen plus experiments with 210 - 220.

I have about ten kinds of wax on hand and poured many candles and the new Ecosoya waxes need work I feel with consistency.

I would like to know if other people have problems with fragrance. My control candles without fragrance are perfect. The ones with fragrance are problematic - I tried adding at 180 and higher as suggested online at 200.

5 minutes ago, NightLight said:

My first tester was great. THought finally a no Brainer production wax. Tried multiple scents from candle suppliers and had more misses with crater, oil spots that good ones. The good ones meaning 2 fragrances worked out of a dozen plus experiments with 210 - 220.

I have about ten kinds of wax on hand and poured many candles and the new Ecosoya waxes need work I feel with consistency.

I would like to know if other people have problems with fragrance. My control candles without fragrance are perfect. The ones with fragrance are problematic - I tried adding at 180 and higher as suggested online at 200.

Well, again... ive had no issues with tops like you have described. My issues have been many fragrance oils having poor throw and terrible wicking.

And the smoking is obnoxious and awful which i think everyone has experienced. 

4 hours ago, NightLight said:

Oh wow didn't realize you had tried so many different kinds of wax. Was one of them Cargil's Nature Wax C3? That is one I'd like to try in the future. I'll be trying a fragrance tester soon so I'll report back.

Photo is various fragrances with 220. The only tester without putting is the control without fragrance.

Yes I have tested many kinds of waxes and different combinations and ratios and know you can get beautiful tops and adhesion.

Not happy with the 220 results. I have not added fragrance at a lower temp but that doesn't mean it would not work. Most soy waxes pour better hotter than cooler imho 

4A3F6AC0-0974-4C21-94B6-2D8D89175013.jpg