Found New Ecosoya Q210 In Stock!

Hi, everyone! I found a distributor who has the new EcoSoya Q210 in stock!!

I wrote a little post about it because their website is a little odd and I talked to them directly a couple of times to answer questions I had. I typed it up just to help Y'all - this is not to promote anything.

DPS in Illinois.

I had just launched my candle business, took a break to move from TX to NC & when I was ready to start again I realized what had happened. I've been hunting for a sample of the new stuff so I hope this helps someone else!

edited: self promotion of blog site. 

This was flagged as self-promotion of a blog site, but I am not a blogger. This is the only thing I have on my website.

I am not selling wax, and I am not even selling candles right now.

I put this information into a post so that I could share more easily.

I found a distributor who has the new Ecosoya Q210 in stock!

I am not an affiliated with this company but I know lots of us have been hunting so I wanted to share what I found.

The distributor is DPS Wax, a division of SuteCo Energy Solutions, LLC, based out of New Lenox, IL.

They only have Q210 in stock right now.

They do not process payments through their website so once you place an order they will call or email you to collect payment. 

The shipping cost for the sample size is not accurate as of 08/21/17. If you go through to checkout do not be alarmed by the estimated shipping price of $43.38.

Estimated Invoice Online

My actual shipping cost for a sample bag was $20.25. That was shipped from IL to NC. I spoke with a very nice woman who was quick to tell me of the actual shipping price.

My Actual Invoice

Sample Size Q210 - 5lbs (shipping weight 6lbs) $11

https://www.dpswax.com/products/view/05-Q210

Case Q210 - 45 lbs (shipping weight 47 lbs) $80.80 each unless you order 11 cases or more

https://www.dpswax.com/products/view/45-Q210

Below are some helpful documents about the new wax. I found these on the distributor's website under resources. 

https://www.dpswax.com/resources

manufacturing instructions.jpg
EcoSoya Q210 Data Sheet.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Waxxy said:

That was so nice of you to share! I think that candles and supplies has also started selling the q210. ?

Do you see a FO max load - I don't see one . Will you use this for melts ?I think someone on here posted some preliminary test results and gave a good review ??

I saw that Cierra Candles gave these waxes an initial test ... I have a feeling it would may be hard to decide which wax to use.  I like seeing that the "melt to" temperatures have a moderate minimum, but I wonder if only heating to, let's say 160dF would give different results than if you heated to 180dF.  If there was no difference in performance or appearance, that would be nice because it wouldn't need to heat for as long and with the pour temperatures at 145-175dF, they can be poured sooner -- it could make the process go a little more speedy than other soy waxes.

Anyway, here is Cierra's test page 

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to word my question about using 18% F/O -- for instance, if you use regular fragrance oils (not a natural based product, but regular F/O's) ... doesn't that affect the marketing of such products?  I mean, when we're using 6-9%, for instance, it's under 10% of the contents ... but 18% is quite a different story.

Personally, I would never, no matter what type of wax, no matter what the % load could handle, never, ever use 18% FO in any product I make. As I've said many times before, my bottom line would just not make it possible, not to mention it is complete overkill. 

I have found in this business, as in life, just because you CAN do something, doesn't always mean you SHOULD do something. 

15 hours ago, birdcharm said:

.. doesn't that affect the marketing of such products?  

It would affect everything about that product. - sales, marketing, profit margin, the way it's made, the way it burns, the way it looks (possibly) - everything... 

• Like 3

On 8/22/2017 at 2:22 PM, Waxxy said:

From everything I have read, this wax is supposed to be capable of holding 18% (yes, you read that right) FO. It says that it can be used for melts, but some people are saying that the melts end up being really oily. 

What ??? Thats crazy . Is that for the 210 - 220+ 230 as well ? I saw that Flaming has some available now but I think its only the 210 ??? IDK don't quote me 

maybe it was the 220 ? Have you ordered any to test ? Do you make melts ?

On 8/23/2017 at 2:03 PM, TallTayl said:

Aztec has it now too. And at a slightly better price online today.

looks like the distribution channel is working and we will bee what happens now.

I saw that too. TT which do you suggest I try first for melts ? How has the Millennium wax been working for you ? 

12 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I saw that too. TT which do you suggest I try first for melts ? How has the Millennium wax been working for you ? 

I have no idea! Melts I make use beeswax. 

I'm using a blend of C3 and 415 at the moment for containers. My millennium testing is on hold until after Faire ends 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Moonstar said:

What ??? Thats crazy . Is that for the 210 - 220+ 230 as well ? I saw that Flaming has some available now but I think its only the 210 ??? IDK don't quote me 

maybe it was the 220 ? Have you ordered any to test ? Do you make melts ?

I have not yet ordered, although I would like to soon! I'm pretty sure that all of the new ecosoya waxes are capable of holding 18% FO. I do not make melts. 

3 hours ago, CandleSmoak said:

I got to test mine & I need to increase my wick size, but these came out beautiful. They are incredibly smooth & I haven't seen any frosting :)

What wick size did you start with? I just got my 210 in the mail today and poured 2 pounds to test (various jars and melts). I was surprised at how super shiny this wax is :)

22 minutes ago, Jenn-MN said:

What wick size did you start with? I just got my 210 in the mail today and poured 2 pounds to test (various jars and melts). I was surprised at how super shiny this wax is :)

I used an Eco 10. That was always juuuust right for those jars with advanced so I'm not surprised that I'll need to wick up. Yes, I was too! I kept walking up to them as they were cooling and saying "whoah" because they just looked so good. 

• Like 1

Has anyone else noted that the new wax case comes in 45 lbs bags. Most wax cases are 55 lbs or I have even seen 50 lbs. So looks like the bag is getting smaller so you are ending up really paying more for the new wax and getting less.

BTW, C&S now carries it too. They have the same chart that explains which new wax is which replacement wax for the old.

Edited by Candybee

I noticed the 45lb case size, too. BCN is planning to carry these waxes and is within driving distance for me, so the new wax will probably end up costing me the same as the GB464 I order from RE.  However, that being said, I think making candles is still going to end up costing me more because of the fragrance load!

I usually use 6% FO for my candles and get really good (most times excellent) cold throw. I made my first 2 pound test of Q210 yesterday and I have almost no cold throw (24 hours later). Wax: Q210 with CS Bayberry (since I still have leftovers from last Christmas - both FO AND candles/melts for comparison). Even my DH said that there is maybe a third of the scent compared to my 464 candles made with CS Bayberry at 6%. YIKES -- this could get expensive if I have to load the candles with 18% FO. I am trying to wait at least 48 hours to light the candles, but I am half temped to melt it all back down and double the FO before I even move to the burn tests.

I don't want to high-jack this thread, but I am curious about how testing is going for other chandlers. Would it be worth starting a thread for test results? I am new enough that I am not sure the protocol on starting new threads. Thnx. Jenn

PS @CandleSmoak I use ECO wicks too :)