Weekend soap pot? What's in yours?

Jcandleattic

So TT is inspiring with her oodles and oodles of beautiful soaps, so am wondering what everyone will be soaping this weekend? 

I've been promising my granddaughter since I got back in country that she and I would soap together, and she has asked me almost everyday when we will be doing it, so this weekend, even if it's just making the embeds I'll be soaping with her. 

Going to make up the embeds for my mermaid soap, so making the mermaid tails, the seashells, and pebbles. I'll probably also create the scent mix and let it sit and 'marinate' for a while. 

Then if time permits, actually make the soaps, and maybe start on the plans (more in depth plans anyway) of creating my Fire and Ice soap. 

I seriously doubt I'll get much more than that done, but maybe some container candles. 

How about you guys? Any exciting plans for anyone? 

Can't wait to see your Fire & Ice creation.

I have so much soap to make I don't know where to begin. This year it seems like I am always way behind in my soapmaking. ON the one hand that means I am selling more soap than ever but it also means I have to keep up. I just made a buttload of soap and its already gone.

I make two 18 bar batches for a total of 36 soaps per each soap and its not near enough. I need to double that. Sigh... its no wonder I am sitting here on my butt typing this when I should be master batching. I just feel tired all the time.

I ended up sleeping with a migraine all day Saturday, went to my parents house on Sunday and ended up with a migraine when I got home, so literally the only thing I got done this weekend was some laundry before we left the house on Sunday. 

There's always next weekend right? 

So sorry about your migraine. Hope its gone now.

Still sitting on my duff when I should be batching. I just can't face it so I am taking a few days off. I think I am just going through a mini burn out. Happens every now and then... but more often now since I am making more soap than ever. Finding I need more time off to recoup.

On top of that its time to make fall and holiday candles. Maybe the combo of having to make all that soap and candles is frying my brain.

On the other hand, I am one of those people that can produce a lot under stress so as craft show season gets closer I am going to have to work faster once I start.

Edited by Candybee

6 minutes ago, Candybee said:

So sorry about your migraine. Hope its gone now.

Thank you. For the most part it's gone. I still have mini headaches here and there, but nothing as all consuming as the migraines I get. I'm very lucky in the fact that for the most part my migraines have eased off tremendously in my older adult life and I only get a handful a year, where as a teen/young adult, I would get them frequently, sometimes as often as 2-3 a week, for months on end. 

Last night after work I was able to do about 45 minutes of work down in the basement before the real life of being a wife/mother/homemaker took over. Maybe if I continue this all week, I will have a clean basement by then end of the week and go down there and create this weekend. That's the plan this time anyway.