Amber Tumblers

I am looking to add a new container to my collection and am looking for an amber straight sided tumbler somewhere around 10-12 oz by volume. CS has one that I really like, but the reviews are horrible. (https://www.candlescience.com/containers/straight-sided-tumbler-jar-amber.) Woodfire Candle Company has a similar container for their whiskey glass candles (https://woodfirecandleco.com/collections/whiskey-collection/products/whiskey-glass-soy-wood-wick-candle) that I absolutely love. I've spent hours looking all over for a place that sells a container like this but so far no luck. 

Does anyone use containers like these or know where I can purchase them? I may end up using containers similar to PF Candle, but I like it better without the grooves for a lid at the top. I plan to use either cork or a bamboo lid. 

• 3 months later...

Any luck finding a supplier? The ones I like tend to be Australian suppliers, but I’m also looking for an amber tumbler here in the states if anyone has recommendations. The ones at CandleScience are too thin. I like this one, but these are hard to find here in the states, surprisingly. 

5280e40a0ca4d2fa588b7ad3f5944bc1--candle

Edited by chapguy

19 hours ago, chapguy said:

Any luck finding a supplier? The ones I like tend to be Australian suppliers, but I’m also looking for an amber tumbler here in the states if anyone has recommendations. The ones at CandleScience are too thin. I like this one, but these are hard to find here in the states, surprisingly. 

5280e40a0ca4d2fa588b7ad3f5944bc1--candle

That jar almost looks like a cut off beer bottle...

I've seen amber jars with screw on lids at other suppliers but not the tumblers.  PF Candle uses the amber jars.  I didn't like Candle Science tumblers at all, not only were they on the thin side but the coloring wasn't consistent in the case I bought.  Love the ones Woodfire uses with the cork tops!

20 hours ago, Gary in Canada said:

We have a similar jar available in Canada here https://villagecraftandcandle.com/candle-making/containers-packaging/containers/8oz-amber-jar  Kind of expensive, even by Canadian standards, but if we have it here...I am sure our supplier gets it from the USA..  

Thanks. Those are actually not hard to find, they’re called glass PET jars. But I’m looking for ones without the screw on top, more like a drinking glass or vase. 

There is a company that makes gorgeous ones.  I think it's something like curion or something like that.  There is a post here somewhere on the forum about them but they are very expensive.  I have been looking for jars like that but have never found them.  The ones that CS sells are spray painted amber.  They are not amber glass.  Even the black ones they have are spray painted.  I won't buy them.  The scratch and chip easily.  Good luck!

Trappeur

General Wax in California sells them. They are reasonably priced at .99 cents each. The quality can be a bit hit and miss. I have found some batches a bit uneven in paint thickness, so shows up patchy. I try to stick my label on to cover the worst section!  Also, I just tested a batch where I dyed my wax a creamy coffee color, and that helped 😄

On 12/13/2017 at 8:10 PM, SundayAli said:

General Wax in California sells them. They are reasonably priced at .99 cents each. The quality can be a bit hit and miss. I have found some batches a bit uneven in paint thickness, so shows up patchy. I try to stick my label on to cover the worst section!  Also, I just tested a batch where I dyed my wax a creamy coffee color, and that helped 😄

Nice! Yes, I’ll have to bookmark those too. 

On 12/13/2017 at 11:10 PM, SundayAli said:

General Wax also has white and pink tumblers-do you have any experience with those? Wondering if those are also hit and miss?

Do you mean the Monticiano 10oz? They have them in white, red, amber and black. 

The red is usually pretty good. I have seen them at times with sand like grit in the paint at the bottom of the container, but as I hand pick mine they are usually ok. Also, the white are sold as imperfect only atm. The lady at the store told me they are still perfecting the white, and atm they are not 100%. I have personally bought a huge amount of the white. There is usually only a tiny bit of paint on the outside, which is easy to remove with rubbing alcohol or acetone or just scratch it off it your nails! So at $0.25 they are a bargain. The red, amber and white are coated on the inside of the container. I have not bought the black so I am not sure on those. 

They sell the pink in the 22oz size, and they are a beautiful jar, very nice quality. Wish they had lids though 😩

That is so helpful-I was actually on the phone with them last week (when CS was still out of white tumblers and I was stressing) and it was hard to judge whether or not the imperfect white ones were worth getting. Maybe I will order a case.

I love pink-but is the pink really mauve/purple or is it a nice true pink? And are the 22 ounce containers really long and skinny or do they have a nice, balanced shape?

The shipping is a little crazy (I am in Miami) but I am not ruling them out.

Personally I love the white, especially for the price! 

The pink 22oz in the store photo is pretty true to life from memory. Sorry I only have a white at home. When I went to the store last week, they also had light grey, which I have not seen on their website. I’ve attached some pics for you to see. Just a word of caution. I think these are a seasonal product. It might be worth checking with them. And it’s a heavy solid jar, 21.9 oz empty,  so shipping could be pricey. It’s a nice jar though. You can see the light taper in the pic, but it’s a tumbler style. 42166A1E-2B61-4E1E-9B5B-457D372F4E0B.thumb.jpeg.e40058ccb830b427e4c2bf7313fcf394.jpeg

98E0FBD1-40B5-4CE5-9F48-E8BCAC0ECA1A.jpeg

D602860D-A1C9-47D3-A177-8E0B836C4862.jpeg

39A56986-7032-4FF2-9BD4-11EC468C51B4.jpeg

And whilst I’m at it, here is a video of one of the amber jars. You can see some slight imperfections (air bubble and dirt trapped under the paint) and the color variation. I didn’t have one with wax, so I just rolled up a piece of paper so you get an idea. Pls ignore the sound, my son is watching his iPad right next to me 😬 On closer inspection, the red and the amber jars are coated on the outside! Sorry. 

Ahh, it won’t let me upload a video, so here are the pics. 

I can email mail it to you if you like. Or you can DM me on IG: Mrsluckyboy85, and I can send it to you. 

E8E91765-C453-473C-8D6C-A92A71E94C0F.jpeg

84A7710A-E9DA-47CE-AD01-3AA0735A1D33.jpeg

95D49276-8F49-4C20-BEE8-81249A81EDA0.jpeg

AA6F837E-F37F-495C-AE6C-F3ECA368FD87.jpeg