Where to find toothpaste type tubes

Candybee

On 8/14/2017 at 3:54 PM, Candybee said:

Been looking for squeeze type or toothpaste type tubes and can't find any. Anyone seen any?

Also wondering if you need some kind of a crimper to seal them.

Are you looking for something like this? ... plastic ointment tubes

I'm pretty sure they can be manually folded and crimped at the bottom.

I think I have a page I can look up if you're interested in how to seal them.

Edited by birdcharm
too many typos for so few words!
  • Like 1

Check these out . Only thing is that I had to have my pharmacist order these for me. You also need a crimper if I remember correctly and a syringe 

to fill the tubes so I don't know if this will be an option for you. 

http://www.totalpharmacysupply.com/products/compounding-supplies/prescription-packaging/topical/tubes/aluminum/4-oz-aluminum-ointment-tubes.html

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Candybee said:

Those look nice. Thanks.

Was checking out the tube sealer... $300.. wow! I might be looking into more simple packaging since the products I plan to use it for will be in small batches.

There is a manual tool you can buy, which I believe that the same company sells.

Although, I think you can use a regular hand tool ... see here:  crimping pics

50 minutes ago, birdcharm said:

There is a manual tool you can buy, which I believe that the same company sells.

Although, I think you can use a regular hand tool ... see here:  crimping pics

Interesting. Thanks birdcharm for the info! Been thinking about making a type of cream that may work packaged in a squeeze tube. If I don't have to buy a heat sealer it may be doable. Looks like I can use a tube crimper or even a pair of pliers. Although I think I would go with a crimper so the seal would look nicer and probably better sealed.

• Like 1

I'd love to make some creams like that!  :)

A little off-topic, but when I looked for the tubes (I knew I'd seen them before since I've looked before), I saw this article about Blistex being sued because ...

The lawsuit centers on Blistex’s medicated lip ointment which, the complaint notes, “comes in a uniquely designed tube,” which the complaint compared to a “miniature tube of toothpaste” with a “hard, plastic dispenser” attached to the top of the tube, which is used to spread the ointment on lips.  The lawsuit asserts the dispenser attachment “is hollow and retains a significant volume of empty space, especially in comparison to the volume of the tube.”  This design, the lawsuit says, “prevents a significant amount of the lip ointment from being used.”

Full Article